Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2565&start_row=11

The Tree of Wisdom

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/13/2008 6:39:30 AM

Love

Well, maybe it's better to read the whole chapter, and not only that verse. Because to me the whole chapter made it seem as if all thos fragarnt trees are very positive. Enoch did not say any negative about them.

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/13/2008 10:31:32 AM

Blessed Ises Ark I

i still have to read the book of Enoch indepth, i havent even looked at the relevant paragraphs that the i has posted from that book yet, but first i wanted to deal with some of the different views i have on the Genesis story.

The i said, "The reason why Jah told them that they would surely die if they ate of the fruit is because Jah knew that when the generations of Adam and Eve no longer saw eachother as One, they would kill eachother."

i dont really agree with that view since ini well know that people die not only because they kill eachother. As i see it, corruption and decay of the flesh is a must, to the wise and the foolish alike,to the clean and the filthy alike, it awaits us all, Only JAh alone is above that.

The i said that JAh gave mankind the choice,,but i still question whether JAH indeed gave ini the choice or did ini take it for ini self.
In the Garden of Eden, there was only Good, there was only JAH, and if mankind had obeyed JAH, then ini would still be there, not knowing no evil thing, knowing only good, always in the Light, never knowing darkness
That is why i dont see it as how the i says it when the i said, "The reason Jah told them that when they eat of the tree they shall surely die is because Jah knew that their existence up to that time was short and they didn't have enough of a foundation to deal with this wisdom"
seen,
if the i really check it, the amount of time of ini existence upto that moment doesnt matter at all. Whether mankind existed for one day, or he existed for a million years, dont make no difference, because upto that moment mankind was in the Light, he never knew no darkness. So, after one day. or one million years of living in the light, if you are suddenly plunged into darkness, the result is the same, now you are in a place that you know not.

So i still question if JAh did give mankind the choice, or mankind took it unto himself by eating of the forbidden fruit.
ofcourse, when i say that, one may ask, then why did JAh create the Tree in the first place, and my honest answer would be i dont know.

Seen, when JAh said that if man eat of the Tree, he would surely die, i take that as it says....SURELY....there is no, if they were able to understand the knowledge they gained or anything like that....it is SURELY
Seen, when it says the Tree of knowledge of Good and Evil, i dont think of the word knowledge in the sense we usually use it, like knowlegde you get from school and things like that....i take it to mean to really KNOW....and there is only one way to really KNOW, and that it is to experience it.......lol, hope im not being rude in anyway, but it is almost like when we say A MAN KNOWING A WOMAN....we are not really talking about them being introduced, are we...
So when manking ate of the Tree of Good and Evil, he had to start to know Good and Evil, he had to start going through good and evil, no matter if he understood the knowlegde he gained or not, there is no escaping it.

I really apprecilove your reaoning on the cain and abel story and i sight much truth in that.

The ony thing i am questioning is when the i says
" So when they were ready and could Iverstand, Jah would have given them of the Fruit of Knowledge of Good and evil"

that is what i am questioning, If you have lived in the Light all your life and never saw or even knew there is any such thing as darkness, how do you become ready for the darkness?
ofcourse, if the i is right in your reasoning, that would explain why JAH created the Tree but forbid man to eat of it, but it still doesnt fit for i.

I hope i have been making sense.
I think from now on, when i reply to a long post, i should print it first and put it by my desk while i write my reply, its a bit hard and disconcerting to do it from the scree, going back and forth, lol

Anyway, now i will read properly what is written in the Book of Enoch and see if i have more to add

Rastafari Bless

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/13/2008 10:42:23 AM

But for now, i will use one word to describe what im reading...Beautiful

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/13/2008 11:52:13 PM

I do sight what the I is saying Ras KebreAB and I know that people have to move carefully, especially when reasonings about things such as this so they don't come into error. I will reason some more about I thoughts.

The I mentioned about corruption and decay of the flesh as another cause of death. Jah didn't just cast them out but also punished them for their wickedness. But I wonder if corruption and decay of the flesh is just part of the natural Power the Earth has, to bring things into balance again. In the beginning after their fall, their Lives were very long, but generation after generation the lives became shorter, from many 100s of years to less than 100. I feel this change was a reaction of the Earth to prevent too much imbalance.

If Jah didn't give them a choice, then they wouldn't have been able to eat of the fruit at all. They were given the choice (or ability) to do it, but were commanded not to. I feel that Jah gave them two possible paths. If they showed themselves to heed the guidance of the Most High, then Jah would have shown them all that they need to know, and they would have Lived in the Heights all the time. But if they showed themselves to not heed, then Jah would give them the other path to learn the hard way, by action and reaction.

The I said,
----------------
Seen, when JAh said that if man eat of the Tree, he would surely die, i take that as it says....SURELY....there is no, if they were able to understand the knowledge they gained or anything like that....it is SURELY
----------------

I agree that there was no if about it, but it was a surety. But I don't think it was a surety because of the knowledge of good and evil, I sight it as a surety, because the only way they would be able to have the knowledge of good and evil and not die, is if they heeded to everything that Jah said, and learned from His instruction and example.

Jah RasTafarI said,
------------------
[22] And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
------------------

Jah knows good and evil, but only deals with good. Jah didn't have to deal with evil to know evil, Jah just knows. I feel that if they listened to the Most High RasTafarI, then Jah would have seen that they were heading in the direction of Inity, and would have taught them all things, so that eventually they would know good and evil, but only do good. I don't feel that Jah would have plunged them into the knowledge if they went the path of Jah guidance, I feel they would have gained it a little at a time in due Time and Season. But since they were not moving toward Inity and did not heed, Jah gave them a different way to Iverstand good and evil, by experiencing both and given the ability to do both, even though the instructions are always there showing them not do both, but only do One.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/14/2008 11:59:04 AM

Point of clarification:

I'll disregard the juicing comment as the I does not know me from my previous experiences with this forum.

What I was eluding to was the fact that a lot of poisons are in the herb that is being strategically placed in circulation. And if you think legalization is the answer think again. Once the govt puts a sticker on the product, the manufacturing process will replace the natural nutrients with man made toxins that promote the gross national product as opposed to the healing of the nation.

Ask somebody about RSK or just search the forum!

One Luv

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/15/2008 2:06:03 PM

Blessed ises
Yes i, it is good to reason

The i said "The I mentioned about corruption and decay of the flesh as another cause of death"
but that was not really i meaning, i was just pointing out that corruption of the flesh(death) is just a part of this earthly life, not a cause but as the i said, just a part of the powers of JAH Earth.
Have a little more to add, but i just got called out
little more

Bless

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/15/2008 4:47:16 PM

long time no reason

how is Ras and Beautiful Sistren?

RSK

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/16/2008 4:36:49 AM

Haile I

Well, the story about the Tree is not a simple one.
Because when you just read it, it would sound as if the evilness which the Tree showed them was being naked. And doing this evilness (being naked) was the reason for being driven out of the garden. This does not make much sense to me.

Let me try to bring across to which conclusion it brought me, considering certain important things.

Being naked was not the evilness. It was THE KIND of nakedness, you know, the evil intentions in connection with nakednes of which the world today is full.

So the Tree shows what is wrong and what is right, good and evil. But we know JAH is the ultimate good and a good tree can't bring forth no evil fruit. That is why we know in JAH creation there can be no evilness. Evilness is a creation of man, because he is able to use his free will to create evilness. Everything else is JAH creation and can't be evil.

The knowledge about the evil is the knowledge about the evil created by man. So the Tree DETECTS and DENOUNCES the evilness of man. That is why it is not only a Tree of Knowledge and Wisdom but also about Judgement because this Knowledge brings Judgement from within about onesself.

We know of the God within I, we know our God is called YHWH which means IAM, I live, I exist, the essence of existence as HIM called it. Maybe the God of which Genesis speaks who drove them out of the Garden was the God within man himself. This God-awareness which man had because of the tree. Because it is said, the tree makes you be like God. So they themselves brought the Judgement about them. realizing (through the tree) they were doing wrong, realizing they were no longer worthy living in the Garden.

But still there are questions about this conclusion.
The one important for me is that I thought the Tree was bad and that it was the vinegrape, thus being the reason for a Nazarene not to eat it.

But now it is not bad anymore and only compared to a vinegrape. What does that mean? Jah bring Wisdom

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/16/2008 8:37:40 AM

Bless

Bro Anbesa, the i said "Being naked was not the evilness. It was THE KIND of nakedness, you know, the evil intentions in connection with nakednes of which the world today is full."
but i dont really sight it that way
From i perspective, being naked was not the evilness, but being AWARE that they were now naked is the evilness, being aware and feeling shame for what was just a natural state of being upto that time is the evilness.
to explain more....
Within this Word, it is almost as if ini African forefathers were Adam and Eve and the european colonisers were the serpent who enticed them to eat of the fruit and so come to the Awareness and Shame of being naked.

Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/16/2008 8:40:48 AM

Ark I, the i said "Jah didn't just cast them out but also punished them for their wickedness"

i am not so sure of the word "punished" here and i was wondering if the i could elaborate more on it

The question in i mind is.......if i tell a child, do not put your hand in the fire or you will get burned........and the child goes and does it anyway and gets burned, is it i that is punishing that child?

Bless
Rastafari is

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I