Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2432&start_row=1

Amino acids (meat etc)

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah-Set Sent: 12/10/2007 7:41:13 PM

I have yet to relinquish my worldly ways and give my being to Rasta, so as you can guess, among other things, that i still nyam flesh. I can respect those who choose not to eat meat but meat has great nutritional value and can be a natural anti depressant. As im sure you know meat is made of protein and amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Amino acids are essential for proper body function. Amino acids are needed for mental health, building muscle and so on.

I read somehwere (dont believe everything you hear obviously) that vegitarians have a higher rate of so called "depression" than meat eaters. Because alot of vegitarians dont get enough protien and amino acids in there diet. im sure as most of you in here are not meat eaters, you have found other foods to supply your protein needs.

What do the I dem eat to maintain a balanced diet without meat and do the I dem feel that meat has no value for the body or is it just a biblical law that you are following?

Would love to hear some of the I reasoning on diet, meat and so on

bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/10/2007 10:29:36 PM

I and I are Hola people separated unto Jah and are not to put death in our vessels, or even go near dead. It interferes with our spiritual trod and defiles I and I temple.

I don't have a problem with other people who eat flesh, but I know that it has no place in I trod.

It is true that malnutrition can cause depression. And anybody that tells I that they want to be vegetarian, I show them that they can't eat the way meat eaters eat, just having a few different types of vegetables.

Vegetarians need a wide range of vegetables and fruits. Every colour, smell and taste has different nutritional properties. So the more variety the better.

A combination of rice and beans give you all the amino acids you need. Nuts and seeds are also good for amino acids. And many other combinations of vegetables will give you all the amino acids you need.

If a person makes sure they have enough beans, nuts and or seeds and also eats a good variety of fruits and vegetables then they will have no problems.

And by the way, protein and amino acids are basically the same thing. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Our body breaks protein down into amino acids, and then combines the amino acids in different kinds of combinations to form all the types of protein we need.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/12/2007 3:56:18 PM

I overstand that rastas taking the nazerene vow do not eat dead flesh, but in the Bible did not many Israelites eat flesh such as lamb? Maybe it was just the Nazarites who were vegetarian.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I