Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2431&start_row=1

Is the Ethiopian Orthodox Church under Jesuit Control?

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/10/2007 5:12:14 PM

I suspect the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is under the control of the Jesuits/Vatican because they don't say to worship JAH RASTAFARI King Selassie I
King of Kings Lord of Lords Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah Igziabier Negusa Negast .

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/10/2007 6:28:58 PM

Greetings Eleazar...

Surely the I knows that it is His Majesty who presides over the EOC, as its highest authority. His Majesty as Emperor of Ethiopia held rank even over the Abuna, now in comparison to the batty-con where the poop controls things there is a massive difference, for the ruler of Italy has no authority over batty-con which is its own little country(so it says). His Majesty really could do whatever He wanted to with the direction of the faith, of course there is an ancient tradition with which He had no intention of digressing from, however he did make some changes so that the world could find the EOC more accessible. The most important contribution His Majesty made, aside from His divine presence, was the translation from the Ge'ez language Bible to the Amharic version. Ge'ez being, for the most part, a liturgical language, was starting to get lost on the youth, thus the need for a translation in Ethiopia, and it's not like there was no protest from members of the EOC.

The romans have been trying for centuries to infiltrate the EOC, and change the religion into catholicism. Ethiopia has resisted and defeated the attempts of jesuit missionaries time and again. If the I sees a similarity between the two churches it is merely because the catholics have stolen everything they ever knew from the EOC, and then perverted it. His Majesty did, however, always stress the need for kinship amongst all Christian denominations and as we all know He even visited vati con.

Anyways, if One looks to Christianity for an external savior, well...I for One don't think there's anything to find except for One's Self. The Self is the I's savior should One manifest One's potential in positive fullness. Perhaps His Majesty, rather than placing HimSelf as the sole body of focus, wanted for I and I to see that everything we are looking for is within us. All the positive work begins in the heart. Should One strive to be One with His Majesty, then One may walk the Earth as a King too, in righteousness. As Qedemawi Haile Selassie is a man who is One with God, then as inspiration He stands as the perfect example, just as Christ does, just as all of I can too. It is possible to read the Bible and see clearly that the message is speaking to each reader as an individual who can manifest the Almighty within.

SELAM

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I