Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2416&start_row=1

Matthew 5: 27-30

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 12/3/2007 3:47:27 PM

"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

I'm having trouble understanding these words. Does this mean that one cannot have sexual desire for another person unless you are married with that person?

I'm a bit confused here, it would be great if someone could explain this text to me.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/3/2007 4:45:44 PM

What it means is that if you are Married and you look at another woman with lust in your mind, then you have committed adultery.

Many people think that Christ made things less strict compared to the old laws, but Christ made things even more strict. He shows I and I to not just stop ourselves from sinning, but to stop sin from entering I and I thoughts.

Here is a reasoning that explains why.

Temptation

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 12/3/2007 4:52:02 PM

I understand. Thank you for your response, Idren.

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 12/5/2007 7:02:26 AM

It goes also beyond, Brethren; it means that the sexual actration is the same as the sexual act. It is not only adressed to those already married, but also to those not married yet. "adultery" here stands for something beyond the marriage itself: it is the very "fornication". Because ,as you cannot have sexual relation after married, you cannot also have sexual attraction before married (that would be the same: mental-phisical); infact, the act of killing begins in the same time you hope you will be able to kill someonethis happen in your mind.
Bless

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 12/5/2007 7:56:19 AM

infact, the act of killing begins in the same time you hope you will be able to kill someone: this happen in your mind.
Bless

Messenger: Queen Ile Sent: 12/5/2007 6:36:31 PM

I agree with that these tings are physical and mental, for they affect the spiritual, seen.

In a sense I see that I am married to the Creator, and any action against HIM would be to fornicate or commit adultery with gods or idols.

Righteous is the way.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I