Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2376&start_row=31

Sarcophagus of His and Her Majesty

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 53
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/28/2007 6:13:18 PM

"whose WORD would have final authority?* HIM Haile Selassie or Empress Menen? "

that is one of the most ignorant statements i have heard in a long time.

" Her Majesties Frame is only of significance" ,
humble yourself and know that you have no right and no business using a word like "only" to describe Empress Menen in whatsoever shape or form, clean your mind and mouth before you mention Queen Omega again, Fire

Rastafari

Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/13/2007 9:18:14 PM

Ises,
Love in the House,
The word sound "sarcophagus" have a roots as called "SARX"-greek-"flesh" also "Phagein"-greek"to eat". "Sarcophagus"="eater of flesh"
or "Flesh eating stone"-"Sarkophagos Lithos.
I sight a point of Information to the reasoning.
Also, any Ingel that have the word sound of this in Amharic or Icient Geez, I give thanks, as this sound will strengthen I within I works.
Ilah Salute
I stand
Negus Amlak

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/15/2007 7:52:38 PM

Greetings...

Once again....

I do love this topic, and had left it because, as so many others, it turned into an argument, and then total disrespect.

I do give thanks to Negus Amlak for bringing back this reasoning to a level of discovery and learning.

True, that the Greek etymology is "flesh eater", or "eater of flesh", however, while the Greeks like to claim originality, the Kemetian definition well predates the the Greek and is much closer to the true intention of the sarcophagus. Let I cut and paste for a moment:

"A sarcophagus was also usually provided to hold the coffin in the tomb. The Greek etymology of "sarcophagus" is "flesh eater". However, this is not really the Egyptian interpretation. In their ancient language, the sarcophagus might be called neb ankh (possessor of life). There are several other words for coffins and sarcophagi, but perhaps the most relevant to this discussion are wet and suhet. We do not precisely understand the meaning of wet, though it appears to be derived from the words for "mummy bandage" and to embalm. The Egyptians were (and continue to be) attracted to word play, so it is likely no coincidence that another word, wetet, which would have sounded similar, meant "to beget". In other words, from the coffin the deceased will be reborn. This pun is strengthened by the word suhet, used for "inner coffins" or perhaps "mummy board". This is also the word for "egg", from which new life emerges (and hence its association with Easter)."

And so we have the "Processor of Life" as the focal point of life's transition point. Surely His Majesty was aware of this, just as He was aware of all pre Christian origins of modern Christian trodition.

To answer Negus Amlak's question of the Amharic or Ge'ez etymology, the best I've come up with yet is the Amharic word "Howult" (that's just a phonetic interpretation of the the word said to me), and also "yäresa saT'n". I have, however, come up with some other Amharic words for "coffin" that I can't pronounce yet but see in Amharic script. So in days to come I hope to get the etymology. I do hope that others will add any new perspectives they may have.

SELAM

Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/15/2007 10:47:41 PM

Ises,
I give thanks for the information, it seems everyone has a piece to the puzzle and when taken in its entirety we get a clearer picture. Jus a note blessed, from what I have come across so far is that the so-called greeks have origin in Kmt,
As for the sarchophagus is concerned I&I would have to look at the culture before the judeo-christian culture of the people, perhaps I&I will find a clearer oversing. It seems most people are programed to view life as something that begins and ends. As for I, I dont see it so. This is something that is not readily reasoned on in Rastafari Culture, maybe its important, maybe or not, either way this is very, very interesting subject for further study as I know very little on this and will look into Iself as well as other sources, anything I find that my be useful I will post it. (Thanks for the amharic words)
Blessed

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/15/2007 10:59:48 PM

yäresa saT'n literally means Box for a corpse

"ye" signifies possesion, i,e, his, hers, its
"resa" means corpse
"satn" means any kind of box

if you get clearer sounds for the other words, i will help as best as i can

do your research, keep in mind that everything you read is "if"s and "likely"s,and assumptions , brethren, As you know they say the half has never been told, in i opinion, not even a quarter has been told

As for I, I know death, whether fleshical or otherwise could never touch HIM who holds life and death in HIM hands

Blessed Love
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/16/2007 9:58:54 AM

Ises I,
Kebre, I likewise give thanks for the info: this will help in I etomology research.
Blessed.
ONE...

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/20/2007 7:50:36 AM

Greetings...

Give Thanks for the reasoning Negus Amlak, and thanks to the I Ras KebreAB for breaking down the word sound. I had come across another word "YeResa Mesga Mechaw," I thinks that's close to the phoenetical sound, however, my understanding is that this is another very literal word like "a box to put a body in" and the meaning still conveys a sense of death. Certainly Amharic is not the oldest language, and neither should we assume that Ge'ez is either. As Negus Amlak said previously we must look to a pre Judeo Christian Ethiopia to find a deeper connection to the Kemetic approach to such a practice as prepartion for the transition in life, commonly referred to as "death", but in actuality is the "processing of life". I am interpreting the Kemetians as seeing death as just another phase of life as surely they knew that life is eternal. The Kemetians were the first great civilization that we can confirm, however, Ethiopian civilization existed first in order to establish the larger more preserved Kemetian one. Prior to Ge'ez there are known Saebean languages that existed in Ethiopia and there is no telling what existed before them, perhaps a scholar of the subject knows, but I have been reading about some Ethiopian scholars who can still interpret Saebean languages. My hypothesis is that it was the Original Ethiopians who led by their King, Wsar (Ausar, Osiris) traveled to Kemet established soceity there and as time went on these Kemetians spread out further. I've read some theories that the first Greeks were an off shoot colony of Kemetians, if not, the Greeks were directly influenced by Kemetic culture just through travel and trade.

A side note, regarding the word I tried to sound earlier "Howlet, or Hewlet", I think meant tombstone? no?

Anyways, Give thanks again for all the I's input...

SELAM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/20/2007 8:59:53 AM

Ites

The closest word i can think of that sounds like Howelt is the translation for the word "Monument", which i suppose includes cemetery monuments as well. But i will check on it.

Just a note...I know it is important to seek the similarities of Ithiopia and KMT, which seems to be what everyone is preoccupied with these days.....but i think its just as important, if not more so, to ask the most obvious question....why are they so different,..I mean even today after so many centuries, anyoone who has been to Egypt and Ithiopia would be blind not to see how different they are, you wouldnt even need to do a deep study. No doubt they travelled up from Ithiopia and Sudan and those areas..... same land, same people, but what happened in KMT, and when, that seperated it so much from Ithiopia, in their own words, "the land of the gods" ?
Just a thought
Another though, its not surprising to say that the greeks were influenced by KMT, no doubt
They all were
So
Would there have been a Roman empire without the influence of Greeks.?
Would there have been a Greek Empire without the influence of the Medo Persians?
Would there have been a MedoPersian empire without the influence of Babylon?
Would there have been a Babylonian empire without the influence of KMT ?

RASTAFARI STAND ITINUAL

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/20/2007 9:18:12 AM

What i would really like to know is
when ini say BURN BABYLON are we burning the teachers of all the things ini stand against....or are we burning just mere students ?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/20/2007 12:45:03 PM

It was at one time assumed that the Ge'ez language is an offshoot of Sabaean, but because of additional findings, this is no longer thought to be true.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 53

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I