Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2371&start_row=1

Womens Role?

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bee_2humble Sent: 11/4/2007 12:58:18 PM

Greetings RastafarI,

I was reasoning with an breadrin on what a women role was and to hounst the view are quit different. I would like to receive some feedback the I's. What do you view as a Women's role? as a Women Mother,Friend,Wife,Lover.

Give Thanks

Blessed love JAHRasTafarI

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/6/2007 8:50:24 AM

A Wombman´s role is to compliment her Man, just as a Man´s role is to compliment his Wombman.......i am not speaking of compliments as in you look good today, no
Noone but Jah is perfet. But two imperfect ones can come together and become perfect in harmony
If one is weak, in mind health or spirit, then be the others strength .

She is tall like i
but a little bit shorter
Black like i
but a little bit darker
Strong like i but a little bit softer
I am the root and, she is the water

Rastafari is

Messenger: kglass1 Sent: 11/9/2007 12:06:33 PM

Greetings. There is a book put out by the EOZ which deals with this subject. Just type in Empress of Zion on the web. Bless.

Messenger: deedee Sent: 11/9/2007 10:41:21 PM

EVENTHOUGH I AM NOT A RASTA WOMAN, I BELEIVE THE ROLE AS A SUCCESSFUL AND PRODUCTIVE WOMAN AS WELL AS A WIFE, YOU MUST BE SOFT AND GENTLE AND BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR MAN AND TO YOUR MAN WITHOUT HIM ASKING YOU TO DO WHAT YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 11/10/2007 4:38:31 AM

Blessings
Give thanks for the views ites, I do share the sentiments of the i them except for deedee who wrote; "YOU MUST BE SOFT AND GENTLE AND BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR MAN" I feeling is every woman must be herself and must live in the way of Jah Empress as the holy scripture and Word of RasTafari say. She is an example of the Blessed Empress and manifests OMEGA'S Royalty in her own way. Being "soft and gentle" is not every woman, our personalities are different, and "available for your man" seems rather ambigous and implies servitude to me if I am allowed to interpret this my way. A Rasta Dawta seeks balance, if she is "availiable" then a Rasta Son must make himself "avaliable" too, its balance and compromise that moves people along. One cannot do without the other and neither must there be domination of one by the other. And finally deedee wrote on being available, "AND TO YOUR MAN WITHOUT HIM ASKING YOU TO DO WHAT YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW" Again I am getting the vibe womanhood is from a patriarchal gaze and assuming she must already know and need not be told sounds to I like expecting her to fit into a mould, unquestionably. A mould made by whom and for whose benefit I wonder? Maybe its the wording that's throwing I off, but I just don't like how it reads as it seems to be more about how womban is for the man and not about womban's role as the post says. Shouldn't it be more that she is that Royal Dawta and enacts those qualities naturally, its from her not at the expectation of others - it sounds confusing but I think emphasis is primarily on who she is as Royal Spiritual Womban and then seeing how she relates as a gendered, maternal or sisterly person.
Blessed Love

ps give thanks for the reference will look it up and comment
Ises

Messenger: mona Sent: 11/11/2007 1:49:59 PM

This is interesting. I am not a rasta women but do believe in spirtiual vibes the earth gives us and we sent out to the universe. As a woman who enjoys and respects other people believes, the role of the women often relates to being the subservant of man. I believe that a women's role is all the more powerful, as her life brings in life and generates hope for the future. I believe that a women should be honored with much respect, as too a man. I believe man and women are put together to lend eachother with respect.

Much Respect,
Mona

Messenger: rasta rebel1 Sent: 11/19/2007 8:19:58 AM

me feel alikkle like dat.my empress stand like a lion fa i.she know her king .and she knows my king.JAH rastafari.1st.JahGod,2ndman,3rdwoman,4thchild.dats di only way.fe win di race.bless

Messenger: Bro.Asher Sent: 11/25/2007 8:35:54 AM

Sight, Rasta Rebel1.

The Bible reads:

"1 Corinthians 11:3
Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God."

But for this to work a man must love his woman, just like Christ loves all men.

And in creation Yah made man and wombman to be one. to live together in paradise in unity and love, and that is how it is suposed to be!

Ras TafarI!

Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/13/2007 8:37:17 PM

Ises,
Ilah salute...
Ingels, The reasoning of "Woman in Rastafari" I&I forward unto "YOUTUBE"-videos for Ilivery to the nations, kindred, tongues and peoples.
I Negus Amlak reason on "Woman in Rastafari". As the fullness of the Iwah is present,tune in to 'RASTAFARI RISING' -Topic:"Woman in Rastafari" parts 1-7."YOUTUBE.COM"
Ises Inually Ista
I stand,
Negus Amlak

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I