Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2210&start_row=1

WHY DO THESE SO CALL ARTIST LIE TO THE YUTES

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: EMPRESSCRYSTAL Sent: 9/17/2007 9:50:38 AM

GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF THE MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI, BLEESED LOVE FARI FAMILY

I WAS JUST READING MY MY SPACE BULLETIN AN ONE OF THE BREDREN HAD SHOWED US A VIDEO ABOUT THE ILLUMINATE JAY Z KANYE WEST AND NAS YES I WAS SUPRISED WHEN THEY SAY IT BUT WHY IS OUR YUTES LISTEN TO THESE MEN THAT GLORIFIED THE DEVIL N THE DIAMONDS RUBYS N GOLDS BUT I JUST WANTED TO PUT OUT T HERE WHY DO THESE MEN TEACH OUR CHILDREN THE WRONG IN STEAD OF THE RIGHT. I AM NOT TO MUCH IN TO RAP BUT I THINK BOUT MY LIL COUSINS THAT ARE UNDER ME THAT LISTEN TO JAY Z N KANYE WEST PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THEM.

ONE LOVE TO ALL

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 11:23:51 AM

MOST OF THESES ARTIST MARKET ARE TEENAGE KIDS
THATS A FACT
THEY BUY THIS MUSIK MONEY IS FLOWIN IT PUTS IT ON THE FORE FRONT BLACK EXPLOITATION TELEVISION
PUMPS THIS CORRUPTION THATS ALL PEOP[LE HERE ON T V AND RADIO
THEY GLORIFY EVIL IN EVERY FORM
CHILDREN
LIVE AND ACT OUT THESE LYRICS

IN THE 70S IN OUR NIEHBOORHOOD
HUSTLERS WAS WHO INI LOOKED UP TOO
GUN MAN AND CRACK CAME LATER "HERE"
BUT BACK THEN CRIMINALS DIDDNT HANG AROUND THE YUTE DEM
THEY WOULD COME BACK WITH MONEY
AND GONE AGAIN
THEY DID NOT WANT THE YUTES TO SEE WHAT THEY WERE DOIN
THEY DIDDNT WANT TO GLORIFY BADNESS
THATS WHY THE GENERATION BEFORE US HAS SO MANY SUCSSESSFUL BLACK PEOPLE FROM RIGHT HERE IN THE GHETTO
NOW ALL THE KIDS ON THIRD STREET SELL CRACK I KNOW A 12 YEAR OLD WITH REAL MONEY
LONG MONEY
WELL HE 13 NOW
BUT HE WAS 12 WHEN I FIRSY SEE HIM IN GAS CITY
IF THERE WAS ANY ADULT DERECTIION
OUR CHILDREN WOULD THINK FOR THEM SELVES
HERE
EVERY ONE WANT S TO BE THE NEXT BIG MAN
AND THE MUSIK FUELS DAT
DAT IS SATAN
THE M GUYS DUN SELL DEM SOUL
LOOK AT 106 N PARK ON BET
WHEN I WAS GROWIN UP INI HAD TEEN SUMMIT
POSITVE VIBES FOR THE YUTE S TO TALK
AND SEEK GUIDANCE
NOW 106 AND PARK
IS A AUDIANCE OF ALL TEENS
GOIN CRAZY
OVER SONGS THAT GLORIFY CRACK
SEX
SEX WITH MULTPLE PEOPLE
THESE ARE SONG S NO TEENS SHOULD BE HEARIN
THEY ARE THE TARGET CONSUMERS
TURNIN OUR DAUGHTERS IN TO WHORES AND SONS INTO CRIMINALS
WHEN 2 LIVE CREW CAME OUT
PARENTS STILL HAD A LIL CONRTOL OVER CHILDRENS HEARIN AND VEIWIN AT LEAST ON T V
NOW THESE MAKE 2 LIVE CREW SOUND LIKE BARNEY CHILDREN NOW ARE RAISED BY TV
PARENTS SAY "IF ITS ON THE RTADIO ITS OK
THIS IS NOT 93 PEOPLE WAKE UP SAVE THE YUTE DEM
NAME THE RAPPER
THEY ARE SATAN
AND WILL TELL U THAT
FIRE BUN

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 11:46:39 AM

I M WAITING FOR THE DAY
THE BLACK WOMAN SEH YO MR DJ
WHO ARE U TALKIN TOO?
U GONNA BUY ME A DRINK ????...AND TAKE ME HOME WITH U ???
IM NOT YOUR BITCH YOUR HOE YOUR CUT
IM YOUR SISTER AND YOUR MOTHER
YOUR AUNTY YOUIR COUSIN
YOUR WIFE ???
UNTILL THAT HAPPENS ITS GONNA KEEP ON GOIN
AS LONG AS BLACK WOMAN DANCIN TOO THESE NASTY SONGS
SINGIN THEM
AND ACCEPTIN THEM
BECAUSE BELEIVE ME IF U GO TO THE CLUB IN THE U S
U CAN BUTY A GIRL A DRINK AND CUT DAT TONIGHT
NO QUESTION
THANKS TO
AMERICAN CULTURE
GOOD LOOKIN OUT T PAIN
THANKS FOR TELLIN MY SISTER ITS OK TO BE SOME BODIES WHORE FOR THE NIGHT
THANKS A KON
FOR ENCOURIGING MY SISTER TO WINE AND GRIND ON THAT POLE AND MAKIN HER THINK IT WAS OK FOR U TO SAY TO HER I WANNA F#@!U AND U ALREADY KNOW
GOOD LOOK NELLY
FOR SLIDIN THAT CREDIT CARD UP MY COUSIN S CRACK
MAKIN HER KNOW THAT IF SHE DONT HAVE ANY THING
YOULL ALWAYS GET CASH FOR HER
WOMB
THAT GOD BLESSED IN THE BEGINING
TO BRING FORTH A NATION

THANKS SNOOP FOR LETTIN US KNOW B!@!@ AIN T S@!@! BUT HOES AND TRIX

THE BAD THING IS THE PEOPLE BELEIVED U
GOOD LOOK 50
I CANT EVEN REACH MY NEPHEW
CAUSE HE WANTS TO BE U
MAYBE U SHOULD COME DOWN HERE TO CANTON
AND SEE HOW MUCH SHOTS BUSS
THIS YEAR BY A GANG CALLED UNIT WEVE HAD A GANG PROBLEM SINCE THE 80S
BUT SINCE THESE LAST FEW YEARS
U CANT LIVE HERE
THAT IS SATAN
SERIOUSLY
FIRE BUN U

Messenger: EMPRESSCRYSTAL Sent: 9/17/2007 1:07:34 PM

bredren you are 1000 percent all the way right they all are not cool but we know onli jah can help us out
it gets worste every day
blessed king one love

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/17/2007 1:55:19 PM

Blessed Love
My opinion on the rappers you speak of is a shifty one with its own problems too because of my feelings on gender discrimination. Although mainly I'm opposed to what they say, at same they also do some other positive things - so yes Empress Yaa, I'm still drawing unclear boundaries (but from the cultural studies perspective you know things are never cut n dry Gilroy, Hall et al. no fire I speak in jest - we should reason on some of these dead white theorists Heidegger, Deleuze sometime : ) very relevant and irrelevant to Rastafari way of tings)

Anyway back to the issue ok so rappers like Akon, Nelly, Fiddy disrespect women, but Rook Fari Selah if you're going to paste their lyrics all over are you not indirectly participating in this denigration of women? And what about all the things that happen in Rastafari too to women to deny them of expression of their sexuality or their individuality? I'm not the shifting subject but showing how women are oppressed in very different worlds but similar ways.

Regarding the rappers well I think they suffer from a bi-polar disorder on one level I respect Kanye West, I like High School Dropout and thought it was a positive album apart from the Workout song and it was great someone could rap about his faith in God and make it on billboard. Kanye is talented in what he does and he is open abt the racism and fakeness around him. For example he was honest in his statement about Bush in response to Hurricane Katrina and the racism. And then last week he burned out MTV for making him perform at the VMA after party and Britney Spears got centre stage yet truly Kanye is selling records right now while Britney's having her celeb issues, bingeing, partying and dosing herself up.

With Snoop right, I give credit to him as because he's a talented artist, but his lyrics are really problematic. He's the biggest sufferer from bi-polar disorder there ever was, one minute he's screaming obscenities, valorizing violence but then he turns around and hosts a kids camp for football to encourage Black kids to go to school. Last week he gave $45000 to a Black charity - can't remember what, but he's up on criminal charges. Jay Z well he's another talented producer, rapper and very very shrewd businessman. He can easily spit a perfect verse, freestyle and its recorded in a minute, but then you can't forget songs like Big Pimping. They really objectify women in the most negative way and I couldn't listen to that song without feeling upset and that's why I couldn't understand why Kanye did Golddigger after High Schl Grad. I couldn't figure why Akon did Smack That but he sings something like Mama Africa. And just recently he released a song about the under-age girl he was caught with and he sounds regretful. I don't know what to make of these rappers, I think they have a responsiblity to the youth because so many of them think they'll be the next TI or Fiddy (I just have nothing good to say about these two esp coz TI fights with everyone who crosses him and Fiddy just disrespected Oprah in the worst way). Its not just in Amerikkka but all over the world the bling phenonmenon has caught on and you'll see 50cent idolized as much in Zim as he is in England, youths popping their caps and dreaming of the bling. Anyway the question is slavery really over? We're chained again, Black rappers performing for a white buying public which determines what's hip and what's not and they're idolized by a Black community for all the wrong reasons.
So what about Sizzla, his lyrics arent exactly clean and now that he's signed to Jay Z's label his image has changed alot. I'm not saying we're not susceptible to change as people but I'm just wondering what the feeling is.

Jah Love

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/17/2007 2:13:06 PM

Ahhh... Yes, from the cultural studies perspective things are not PERCEIVED as cut & dry. Righteousness is cut & dry. You know that too. I now much better overs the I's position and where you're coming from.

Cultural studies is a mode to understand the construction of the dominant society, not a mode to interpret the significance of such machinations.

What we know as RasTa and what Rome doesn't teach the cultural studies students is WHY there are constructions at all. We know it is an iritical battle between R & X... but they won't mark those theories in academic papers.

I'm surprised that after having more of a detailed overstanding of the artificial constructs of this society... as well as having knowledge of the character of those who have underpinned the socio-cultural sub-conscious of white western society (Freud - for a common example for ones and ones to stay with what we're saying) that the I remains in the grip of these same constructs as if they are a reality?

There is no fire here Empress... but I am prodding the I a bit... I really would love to know more about how you can overs the fundamentals of structuralism... and not go beyond it, iritically, in order to seperate the REALism from the illusion. I mean, that's how I get to my cut & clear & dry spot.

Yey... chunky debate! Let's do it!!

p.s. There really is no fire, not just saying it. I am genuinely interested... cos I do raspect your irits (until you start to stick up for soddomites... lol... seriously tho :)

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 2:26:08 PM

MISS TEN
I AM RESPECTFULLY RESPONDING
I DID NOT CONDONE WHAT THEY ARE SAYIN I PUT IT OUT FRONT TO EXAMINE IF U WILL IN MY OPINION BUT

ABOUT OPRESSING WOMANS SEXUALITY ??????
THAT IS GODS LAW I DIDDNT RIGHT IT I FOLLOW AND HOLD FIRM TO BUN DOWN NASTYNESS U KNOW THAT
BUT ANY WAY YEARS AGO NOT TOO LONG AGO
WHITE PEOLE WOULD HOLD HANDS PARTY HUG AND LAUGH WHILE THEY HANG U FROM TREES
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
NOW THEY DO THE SAME BEHIND CLOSED DOORS WHILE WE HANG OUR SELVES

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 2:34:20 PM

AND BY THE WAY DANCE HALL IS FAR MOR EXPLICIT AND DEGRADING THESE DAYS
LOOK AT MAVADOS NEW SONG SHE WANT I TO SQUEEZE HER BREAST LIKE THE TRIGGA A ME GUN
TURN HER ROUND BAK SIDE !@@!#@HER HARD TILL SHE COME
NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE SO DAM NASTY THESE DAYS
I LOVE WOMAN
AND ONLY WANT ONE WOMAN SOCIETY IS MAKIN IT HARD TO FIND ANY ONE WITH TRUE MORALES ANY MORE
TO THE ARTIST GIVE THE PEOPLE WAT THEY NEED
STOP GIVE THEM WAT SATAN
WANTS
UP TOWN DONT FEEL IT ONLY I N I IN THE GHETTO FEEL THE PAIN
WHITE PEOPLE IN THE CLUB UP TOWN DANCE TO THE MUSIK GET DRUNK GO HOME SEX WAT EVER
THAN THEY RIGHT BACK TO REALITY
DOWN HERE
INI
ARESTUCJK WITH WHAT U BRAINWASHED THE PEOPLE WITH
THERE WAS CRIME LONG BEFORE MUSIK
BUT EVERY ONE WAS NOT A CRIMINAL HEAR BEFORE U TOLD THEM IT WAS COOL
PEOPLE USED TO FEEL BAD AFTER ROBBIN OR SELLIN CRACK
AND DO SO TO GET OUT
U DO WAT U HAVE TO DO
THAT WAS THE SLOGAN
NOW WE JUST SIT RIGHT AND WAIT TO DIE OR GO TO JAIL
SOUND SYSTEMATIC IF U ASK ME

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 2:52:06 PM

BY THE WAY THE REASON I SAID WE
UP TOP IS BECAUSE DOWN HERE IN THIS PLACE WHERE I LIVE
IT IS VERY VERY POOR AND INI ALL LIVE TOGHETHER SUFFERING
IT S WE WHO ARE HANGING OUR SELS IN THIS TIME I CANT SPEAK OF ANY WHERE ELSE BUT CANTON
IS A BIRACIAL COMMUNITY WE ARE HATED JUST THE SAME
AND WE ARE ONE OF THE POOREST CITIES IN THE NATION
WE HAVE NOTHING BUT THIS MUSIK AND GANG CULTURE WE ARE HANGIN OUR SELVES IM TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY SPEAKING OUT TO YOUTHS HERE
IN THE PROJECTS BLACK BROWN AND WHITE
WE ARE THE ONES FEELIN THE REPUR CUSSIONS
OF THIS MUSIK AND GANG CULTURE
IN CANTON WICH IS NOT VERY BIG THERE IS A DIFFERNT GANG EVRY COUPLE BLOCKS ON ALL SIDES OF THE CENTAL PART OF THE CITY MAKIN IT IMPOSSIBLE TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE CRACK RULES THE CITY HEROINE
OM MY GOD IS A PLAGUE AND WE HAVE ENOUGH GUNS FOR A REVOLUTION RIGHT HERE HALL OF FAME CIYT"AKA GAS CITY "
THIS IS OUR REALITY
LOVE

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 3:04:25 PM

IN THE 70S THIS WAS A NICE PLACE TO LIVE
80S HAD ITS SHARE OF KILLIN 86 ID SAY WHEN CRACK REACH CANTON
BUT IT WAS STILL LIVABLE
WHEN NWA CAME OUT
DETROIT
JAMAICA
CHICAGO CAME HERE AND GAVE BIRTH TO CANTON
THEY SAY IT STAND FOR C,A.N.T.O .N.
CRAZY ASS NIGGAZ TRIPPIN OVER NUTHIN
N.W.A
ILL NEVER FORGET THEY WERE A BIG PART OF THE REASON PEOPLE WHO WERE QUITE BUISNESS MEN HERE HUSTLIN MAKIN A LIVIN
TURNED INTO FLAM BOYANT LOUD BRAGGIN YOUNG GANG BANGIN SHOOT EM UP DESPERADOES , THEY MADE IT A GOOD THING TO DO BAD
NOW WOMAN HERE WANT A BAD MAN AND GOOD MAN GET LAUGH AT
AT LEAST IT SURE LOOKS LIKE IT GOOD TIMIN
DRE REN YELLA CUBE GOOD TIMIN

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I