Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2208&start_row=11

Evil in the Omnipotent Creator of Good

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/22/2007 4:10:10 PM

Much love, SonofMan, it is very pleasant to read your reasonings.

I do find your theory about balance in existance to be very interesting, it could be that this is the very law of existance. For something to exist, maybe it has to have a counterpart to balance it out. A good example of this is the fact that the statisfaction of feeling full cannot exist without the feeling of hunger. I do however feel that this statement kind of makes the concept of any kind of "heaven" impossible, which is tough for me to accept as a follower of Jah Ras Tafari, Haile Selassie I, Yahshua.

Maybe this "heaven" that Yahshua told us about is another type of world, where the laws of existance are different, and that it is only possible to reach this type of existance by filling yourself with righteousness in this world, in this existance. But then again, if we see life this way then we are back to seeing it as a test, which I can't accept either. It is truly hard to follow the ways of Yahshua and not see life as a test.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/23/2007 9:42:54 AM

Give Thanks Alexander...I do appreciate the forward momentum and positive reasoning the I brings,

So we can read of "The Savior" Iyasus Christos, who says I am the Shepard, as well as I am the Gate. A Shepard leads the flock to the Gate of His Kingdom, (you'll find this in John, I can cite a chapter, if the I wishes, later). I and I are already born at the beginning of the path to Zion(heaven), the Creator was holding the I by the hand since all time, now as conscious individuals we can realize the presence of Jah in and all around us the moment I and I took the first breath of life. There is no test, it's just a matter of not getting lost, we've been shown a "way" to the Gate and now we've been given a "chance" to go there forever should we choose to follow the Shepard. I hear Christians say that Jah didn't create evil but gave mankind the power of choice, well the fact is we have the power to choose to follow the Shepard, but One doesn't have to follow, One always choose to go astray. What the I was saying about hunger as a feeling created by the counter balance of being full is quite a good metaphor for heaven and hell. Should I choose to fill up with righteousness, let my stomach expand until I feel it all through my body and I am full of it, then I have reached my destination (this is not a promotion of gluttony) then I am in heaven. If I leave myself to die from hunger (a hunger of what Ones call "sin" or earthly gain) I have neglected my duty to nurish myself and I will just wither away. But to see what would become of I Self should I choose to neglect I duty is the Inspiration One finds at staring Evil in the I and then seeing that its pursuit would surely be a road to nowhere.

There is no test in waking up in the morning taking a shower and brushing your teeth; these things are just common sense; live dirty or live clean, it's a choice and this life is a chance to follow the shepard, arrive at the gate, live in the Kingdom. In this time we have been blessed with His Imperial Majesty Negus Negast Qedemawi Haile Selassie to reign as the Iternal example of the Good Shepard, He has given no multiple choice test, He is simply pointing right at the gate, He's holding the key to let the I in, One can choose to enter, or One can choose to go nowhere; if I was to ask myself, the answer would be obvious.

SELAM

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/23/2007 11:28:09 AM

I am truly greatful for the wonderful reasonings that you bring to this board, SunofMan. I think we have reached something great today.

I can now see clearly what you are talking about when you say that life is a chance, or an opportunity. Since the dawn of time, we have existed in Zion as one with Jah Jah. Now Jah has blessed us with the power of being aware of our own existance, just like Jah is aware of his own existance. He has given us the opportunity to fill ourselves with righteousness by our own free will. Jah does not force any individual to return to him, but he lets us know that we can do so. Through Yahshua and Haile Selassie I he shows us the path back to him, he shows us the gates of Zion. Life is truly a blessing because we can choose to return to our creator and also be aware of our own existance when we reach Zion. And to exist in Zion as a conscious individual must be unbelievably much more pleasant than just existing there without any awareness.

Evil might be a corruption in Jah creation, it might be something that has to exist for good to exist. But really, all we need to know is that Jah has given us the opportunity to return to Zion, the root of creation, and live with him there forever.

JAH RAS TAFARI!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/23/2007 7:24:43 PM

Betam Amesegnallo!!! I to I Alexander we see it as Eye to Eye...

I for One cannot claim to have all the answers, and that is why I am here to reason and grow my own mind to higher levels. When I talk about the Kingdom of heaven and retaining an Individual consciousness after passing the Earthly plane, it is my great hope to see that become a reality, but in truth I cannot say that the individuality we feel now will be similar to what we feel on another plane. I needed to say that so anyone reading, who may be easily swayed from their own path, will not take my words as promises of what we imagine Itopia to be. For in our thoughts we always tend to project human emotion onto what we wish reality to be. That leads me to one point I need to make about the I's last statement: "Evil might be a corruption in Jah creation"

I cannot say there is any corruption in the Almighty's creation, and I don't really think the I meant it like that, but for the youths sake, we must stress that the Almighty's creation contains no actual corruption for it is all a perfect design. What we need to overstand is that there will be things which are seemingly evil in the Earthly sense but should we pass through the Gate we may then see what it was designed for. For I Self, as I've been saying, it is the experience of the negative which is my own Inspiration to strive for the positive. It is my own belief that it is human fear of connecting any form of evil to our creator who we need to love and care for us, otherwise the Almighty appears too scary. However, we need not fear so long as we cleave unto the knowledge that it is our own love in righteousness that brings us into the positive fold, and the everlasting. It truly is a perfect design unfathomable, as of yet, to I and I who are here in the now.

SELAM

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/23/2007 11:25:36 PM

2Cor.12
[1] It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
[2] I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
[3] And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
[4] How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
[5] Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
[6] For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
[7] And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
[8] For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
[10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

So it is....SELAH

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/24/2007 11:08:27 AM

Blessings, SunofMan.

Naturally, human fear greatly influences our view of things and sometimes we create false views of things so it can better fit our minds. I retract my statement that evil might be a corruption in Jah creation, I did not mean to criticize what Jah has created for us out of love. It was just something that slipped out.

I do not either claim to have all the answers and I do not think that any human being can really do so. It is probably not before you go to meet The Almighty Creator that we can fully comprehend the perfection of his creation and overstand the thought behind everything that exists. But as you say, the individuality that we feel in Zion will probably be completely different from the individuality that we feel here on Earth, this feeling is probably not something that we can hope to comprehend before we leave this place.

But Jah has still blessed us with much more power than we usually think and I do believe that we can get very close to The Truth. Just by having these reasonings with you, SunofMan, I feel that my mind has grown a lot and that I am now a little bit closer to The Truth, I feel this in my heart. I really hope to find out why evil really exists in the world, among many other things, but I know that all we need to know here on Earth is that evil is something that Jah wants us to stay away from.

JAH RAS TAFARI, ALMIGHTY, ALL-SEEING CREATOR!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/24/2007 5:21:00 PM

Give Thanks Alexander, It is a Joy!

It is true as the I said "Jah has still blessed us with much more power than we usually think and I do believe that we can get very close to The Truth", and this is something that ones take for granted all the time, the loss of focus on that level is something which has lead to great hopelessness and human complicity in evil, while thinking that as long as they believe in Jeebus, then some guy who embodies the opposite of all wickedness will drop from the clouds and forgive them. The truth is I and I have to walk the path, climb the mountain, and when the Gate is still not in sight I still don't give up...never weary...we've been given the chance to not give up, it's that simple.

SELAM

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/24/2007 6:20:38 PM

True words.

It is strange that some people have this attitude that you speak of, that as long as they believe in Yahshua, they don't have to try to respect Jah or do what Jah wants us to do. It is like they think it is okay to sin because they believe that Jah will forgive them no matter what. These people seem to completely ignore the fact that Yashua said that we always have to strive to be perfect, just as our Father is perfect. Yahshua also clearly stated that you will not be forgiven by Jah if you do not regret the sin that you have committed and realize that what you have done is wrong.

The truth is that Jah created everyone of us and that he can see into the bottom of our hearts. This is why we always have to strive to be clean, to have a clean heart.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/25/2007 7:37:44 AM

Also...

To add another twist to the view, a lot of the people that we've seen in the past and present who are typically considered evil were actually doing what they thought (in their own minds) was the right thing to do. This is something that I haven't really been able to come to terms with yet, although I don't really think that Ones can perceive their own actions like they're only judged in the eye of the beholder, for it is righteousness which operates on a level which cannot really be skewed to fit our own agendas. Judgment would be worthy of a good examination, how will that go down? or up...but if one truly sees themselves as doing the right thing, when in fact it is very wicked, then what does that amount to...Insanity I think would be commonly accepted as a label for ones in that realm, but how are the insane judged? and who decides who's insane or not? a sane man can convince themselves of a lot of things...

SELAM

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/25/2007 10:47:45 AM

Personally, I do not condone the use of expressions like "sane" or "insane", because these are words made by men to make up simple explainations for complex things that they cannot explain and things that they fear. When people face things that they fear or do not fully comprehend at first sight, many of us tend to make the assumption that there is something wrong with it, instead of using our full potential to search for the real truth. So when we try to overstand why and how a murderer (for instance) could kill a person, many people tend to use expressions like "insane" because they have to much fear of what is going on in the person's mind to search for the truth.

I think that it is impossible or at least near impossible for a person to actually go beyond saving, we have more power than we usually think, as already stated. But because people keep using expressions like "insane" and "sane", many of us get fooled into thinking that we cannot change, that we cannot control ourselves.

However, I do not think that Jah will condemn anyone who has not be shown the way to Zion. Yashua once said that one reason that he came to speak to us was so that we would not have any excuse for our sins, which (in my eyes) implies that Jah does not judge anyone as a evildoer if they have not had the chance to hear his words. This, of course, leads us to the question: what happens to a person that on his time on Earth committed sins, but only because he had never been shown the right way to go? One thought is that maybe this person does not go to either Zion or hell, he just returns to the root of creation (the place that we said is where man exists before he is given the blessing of being aware of his own existance) and looses his awareness of his existance.

What are your thoughts on this?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I