Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2106&start_row=21

HOW SAFE IS OUR CHILDREN IN BABYLON

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/24/2007 5:52:01 PM

ignore this one , apologies

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/24/2007 6:49:53 PM

what is the story of the one that rapes and kills? ---what kind of life have they had, that has shattered their sense of right and wrong and their respect for life?

in many cases these people have been victims themselves or have been witness to violence their whole lives.

simply put --they have a mental illness ----

i can't see killing them ----put them away for life.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/24/2007 6:57:40 PM

Bless Aya
No I over what you say about the Father and its the way I put it, maybe it might be that for the time He reigned it was best for that particular setting. But if He reigned in flesh now we have no way of kowing whether or not the death penalty would've been abolished. His speeches on War and humanity might suggest to I, He could appreciate the humanitarian calls for abolition of the death penalty. And for I, living now as Jah dawta, I look at the example of Mandela in South Africa to forgive the perpertrators of apartheid and call for national reconciliation. The death penalty was abolished as S9 of the Constitution guarantees everyone the right to life. Ok I know Ken Saro Wiwa is different but we are talking death penalty as a general law as well, if we're going to talk of rapists and all. I know if something happened to my nieces or nephews I would also be filled with rage and revenge my be my first thought, but not may action. Jail might not seem like enough justice but I know that person is locked up and I'd hope a heavy sentence would be conferred. My heart will not be at peace and might think its still a light sentence but I have to put Jah first in meditation to give me peace and focus on healing this child rather than dwelling on the perpertrator. Bless.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/24/2007 8:10:39 PM

For how long have such ppl been getting sentences in prison for killing and abusing children ??
when anyone sees this nastiness decreasing, let i know

Anyway, the i dem speaking in terms of legalities and courts and constitutions and death penalties and the law etc.....and i have nothing to say about that

"if something happened to my nieces or nephews I would also be filled with rage and revenge my be my first thought"

since the i said "also" i am assuming the i is refering to what i said.
If so, i have to disagree because i said before, i have no interest in revenge, revenge will only consume the heart that keeps it

Again it is unfair to bring Mandela´s actions here. why?

If mandela hadnt called for reconciliation, then that would be called seeking revenge
If Selassie I hadnt forgiven the invader italians, that would have been seeking revenge
but at the same time Selassie I kept the death penalty
So what does that mean, does it mean the King was being hypocritical, does it mean the King was sending mixed messages?
No, it just means there is a time and place for everything, just means there is a different response for every action, just means different actions must be taken in different circumstances

Blessed Love
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/24/2007 8:48:00 PM

Alright Aya bless, I overs what you are saying.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/24/2007 9:30:56 PM

Blessed Love

I say again, give thanks for thy words of caution and restraint.
Without them, my words would not mean much because then the scales would be unbalanced.

Holy I JAH
Rastafari

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/24/2007 10:32:56 PM

if one believes in "thou shall not kill" and claims to be a memeber of the house which that rule is taught --- i don't see how one then rationalizes a time to kill.

but that is the problem with the bible ---people can pick and choose which verse best suits the action they wish to take.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I