Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2065&start_row=1

OAU

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Forward Live Up Sent: 8/12/2007 12:04:21 AM

Ises,
Give Thanks
Hail HIM Emporer Haile Sellassie I

African Union
http://www.africa-union.org/

When African righteous people come together, the world will come together. This is our divine destiny.

Rastafari Live

Messenger: Forward Live Up Sent: 8/12/2007 12:55:29 AM

See the page to view this article

African Union Ambassador to the United States of America
Presents Letters of Credence to President George W. Bush
WASHINGTON, DC, July 26, 2007---The African Union (AU) Ambassador to the United States of America yesterday presented her Letters of Credence to President George W. Bush at the White House in Washington, DC. The presentation of credentials accrediting Ambassador Amina Salum Ali, a national of the United Republic of Tanzania, marks a new chapter in the relationship between Africa and the United States.
In a letter addressed to Ambassador Ali containing his reply to the Letter of Credence from Chairperson Alpha Oumar Konare, President Bush said the United States “stands ready to support” the African Union, which he described as “integral to the continued growth and successful future of Africa.” He noted the historic significance of his country’s decision to become the “first non-African Country to establish a separate diplomatic mission to the organization,” and reaffirmed his Administration’s commitment to “building and strengthening the relationship between the states and peoples of Africa.” This “commitment to Africa,” he said, is “demonstrated in part by assistance programs such as PEPFAR,” the President Emergency Plan for Aid Relief, “and by the growing economic and commercial relationship that the United States has with the continent.” In particular, the President pointed to the fact that “U.S. trade with sub-Saharan Africa increased 242 percent between 2000 and 2006.”
The President concluded by personally welcoming Ambassador Ali and said he “anticipate(s) working closely with” her as the “chief representative of the African Union on issues of mutual concern” to Africa and the United States. He wished her success “during her tour as the first Ambassador of the African Union to the United States.”
Washington, D.C. July 26, 2007

Bless, Prosper in strength for justice. Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/12/2007 4:42:37 AM

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

…..Let us not put off, to later consideration and study, the single act, the one decision, which must emerge from this gathering if it is to have real meaning. This Conference cannot close without adopting a single African Charter…..

We welcome to Ethiopia in Our name and in the name of the Ethiopian Government and people, the Heads of State and Government of independent African nations who are today assembled in solemn conclave in Ethiopia's capital city. This conference, without parallel in history, is an impressive testimonial to the devotion and dedication of which we all partake in the cause of our mother continent and that of her sons and daughters. This is indeed a momentous and historic day for Africa and for all Africans.

We stand today on the stage of world affairs, before the audience of world opinion. We have come together to assert our role in the direction of world affairs and to discharge our duty to the great continent whose two hundred and fifty million people we lead. Africa is today at mid-course, in transition from the Africa of Yesterday to the Africa of Tomorrow. Even as we stand here, we move from the past into the future. The task on which we have embarked, the making of Africa, will not wait. We must act, to shape and mould the future and leave our imprint on events as they slip past into history."

I cannot recall seeing one African leader who has not let down the Emperor. Do InI Africans really need Bush or anyone else to help ini unite?

Unity amongst ourselves First. Ini really need it

I am fearful. When i see what is happening with the EU, what has happened with NAFTA,WTO, etc i just wonder if Bush and America´s idea of a united Africa is what ini and ini King Emperor Selassie I speak of when ini say African unity
Why does the Us suddenly want to see Africa united?
Is it really unity or is it bringing different groups under one control?

I pray all ini will keep ini eyes on this and not follow blindly until its too late

Just words of caution. Ini still glad for any help Africa can get.
Ini pray that Jah will guide and direct the steps of all those involved in making real African Unity a reality

Blessed Love
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/12/2007 6:01:31 AM

I'm wary of the support Amerikkka pledges to Africa - we've already seen what they did in the Congo, Sudan etc, but at the same time if it is genuine you can't shoot it down. But how effective has the AU been in dealing with African affairs? Traditionally there has been a reluctance to intervene in the internal affairs of a state and the tendency to show the world a united African front - but at what cost? The OAU dubbed the 'dictator's club' had that non-interventionist attitude which has since changed to non-indifference and its been useful to a certain degree. AU peace forces have been trying to help in Darfur, Burundi etc but I think there is much more that needs to be done in order to make the AU a fully effective body. I hope the aspirations to have justice courts and an Africa with a single currency that is economically viable by 2023 come to fruition.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/12/2007 2:21:14 PM

"Africa is the cradle of civilization. We have our roots there. Until we know Africa we will not know ourselves." Biko

Messenger: Forward Live Up Sent: 8/12/2007 4:28:10 PM

For real, we must be confident in the victory of good over evil. No worry or fear, InI minds must be clear. Any help accepted would not be the best in all cases, seen. Bewildering amount of knowledge some seeking for selfish gains, causin of war. Development takes time to prosper in blessed growth.
May JAH Rastafari bless.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/12/2007 4:52:48 PM

True words Aya. Bless

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/12/2007 7:13:11 PM

if one is lieing, dieing in the street and the one that offers help, places a condition on that help -- are they going to be a real friend when we live?

that is a sad reality unfortunately for those in dire needs. we see sufferers and the big people see someone to exploit.

peace

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/12/2007 7:40:15 PM

Story from BBC NEWS:

Darfur force 'to be all-African'
African Union (AU) chairman Alpha Oumar Konare says enough African troops have been promised to a Sudan peacekeeping force for no outside help to be needed.
He said African countries can provide the 26,000 peacekeepers needed for the combined AU-United Nations force. The AU already has 7,000 troops in Darfur.

The UN had expected to call on Asian troops. Critics say Africa lacks enough trained troops for an effective force.

Sudan's government has long opposed the involvement of non-African soldiers.

Viable plan?

Speaking after talks in Khartoum with the Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, Mr Konare said: "I can confirm today that we have received sufficient commitments from African countries that we will not have to resort to non-African forces."

He added that the "ball is now in the court of the UN" to provide funding for the force.

Mr Bashir, who has long argued that a UN-backed force would be a violation of Sudan's sovereignty and could worsen the situation there, backed Mr Konare's plan.
"(We) support the AU force, which consolidates the efforts of the Sudanese government to ensure security, peace and stability in Darfur," he said after their meeting.

Mr Konare did not give a breakdown of the countries offering to supply more personnel, leading correspondents to question the viability of an all-African force.

The BBC's Africa editor, David Bamford, said it was unclear where so many African troops would come from.

Our correspondent questioned whether African nations would have the political commitment to stand alone against the forces seeking to continue to disrupt lives in Darfur.

Deadline looming

Mr Konare's announcement came just days after the UN published a list of Asian countries it said had already committed troops and police officers to a Darfur force.

UN officials said the joint AU-UN force would be "predominantly African", but confirmed that countries including Indonesia, Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh had pledged personnel.
According to a UN resolution, the composition of the force must be decided by 30 August.

At least 200,000 people are believed to have died and more than two million have been left homeless in Darfur since fighting broke out in 2003.

Sudan's Arab government, and the pro-government Janjaweed militias, are accused of war crimes against the region's black African population - although the UN has stopped short of calling it genocide.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/12/2007 9:03:56 PM

Blessed Thanks sistren

needed to see something positive before i left here and nothing more positive than seeing Africa unite under a right and just cause. INI pray it will happen soon, hope they will meet the "dead"line, hope the funding will come without any disruptions and unattached to any "conditions". My father had already warned me that it would bring more disaster if outside forces came in so really glad to hear this

Bless
RAstafari Guide

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I