Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2052&start_row=41

?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 9:57:54 PM

Selassie I, what am i to do JAH?
I know what you expect of I, but if i dont defend iself, they dont even recognise they have done i wrong?
What am i to do, i pray thee
In thy name, i humble iself, all glory be unto thee. I leave it all in thy hands
Give thanks for life
Holy I Jah
Rastafari

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/9/2007 11:13:21 PM

stay strong rask and let us get to the important issue.

this whole thing of how women should dress .... shouldn't the real issue be placed on how men look at them?

the female body (as well as the male) is nothing to be ashamed of and does not need to be hid, but i know most of the major religions try to oppress women and make the issue of sex taboo, but if you are one that was raised on that whole adam and eve thing and she was portrayred as the tempest then i can understand why you feel as you do. because in the greatest book ever written right in the beginning the woman gets blamed for offering instead of the man for excepting.

but you know where i am coming from? i am coming from at least 5 family members in zimbabwe who are HIV positive. I am coming from the women not being able to say no to sex without fear of being beaten up. I am coming from the women in my family having to deal with their husbands having multiple wives while they cannot. I am coming from an area that has a life expectancy of 37 and if you try to talk about sex or mention the parts that are used for sex (mboro and beche) the people run and hide (I'm sorry ten if you feel uncomfortable while reading that). I am coming from 2007 while some males are coming from 36 AD.

In your language ... why should a women have to hide what she was given by god and that was made in god's image and why can't men use the mind that god gave them to have self-control.

now in my language.. No i do not believe in a god, but i do know that this body that we are give is an amazing and beautiful thing and it is nothing that needs to be hidden.

nor does a women need to be kept away while she is having her period. I know there are still rastas that adhere to that archaic law of women are unclean at the time of their period. Her body is working as it should - as your god made it to - and some rastas are going to restrict them from being somewhere during that time because of who they are? how they were born? that is what was done to blacks remember?

now tell ME how i have wronged you? What because i disagree with you. get down off your high horse and join the rest of us. pray to your god in the sky all you want, but i tell you, it will do you no good. you will start to make head way when you start to look into yourself and start to question all of your christain teachings that were forced on you as a youth.

i do not see you( though my opinion matters not at all)as rastafari but as a christafari --- afraid to make the break completely away from your youthful brainwashing.

peace out and try to come at me with something more mature than "is someone talking to me?" Did he say flunk them?" or that nursery school crap "lodiodilodida"

JAH GUIDES

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/9/2007 11:43:30 PM

still looking,

christafari people deny that Haile Selassie I is the Most High. Ras KebreAB never denies Selassie I, so don't compare him to those people.

You come and try to convince people that they shouldn't deal with Jesus Christ and you try to separate Haile Selassie I from Jesus Christ. Why would I fight against a Man that Haile Selassie I promote? Why would I separate Haile Selassie I from a Man that Haile Selassie I doesn't separate HIMself from? Do you not know what I and I name is?

And in regard to Ras KebreAB strictness about clothing, there is nothing wrong with that.

Why do you feel that you have to fight against another man's culture. There is no harm in woman dressing modestly, it is not a downpression to a woman. And Ras KebreAB probably dresses a particular way himself by his tradition and it is not a downpression to him.

Just because your culture and his culture are different doesn't mean that his culture is wrong and yours right.

And did Ras KebreAB use the reasoning that a woman should dress modestly because men can't control themselves? There are different reasons that people have for sighting this or that.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 5:38:51 AM

Let it be, Iyah, let it be

You, with your nasty mentality, 6 billion ppl pon earth. One man dont want nothing to do with you and you cant leave him alone?
And You talk to me about responses? are u ignorant?
I dare you to show I where i said anything that refers to you except when i asked "is someone talking to me" and that was only because you started attacking my words and twisting them to suit your own judgements about i without even mentioning my name ( anyone can look at the post that started with "who is missing the point" ). I dont like anyone taking subliminal shots at me, so i asked is someone talking to me.
Next you started mentioning my name and i had the misfortune of reading one of the most idiotic posts i have ever read.
Well, since you claim the Honorable Empress is reading this, I advice her to tell her man he would do well to keep his daughter´s sanctity unto himself, no one wants to hear it on the net. I feel strange enough telling people that i dont know, even things like where i live, i keep it to myself. And you come on the net and talk about my daughter has a beautiful body and all that. Are you sick in your damn head? And you wonder why all my attempts to stay far from you?
I just want to say, where the .... do you think you know me from to talk about me in such a manner, as if you know I, talking about " you would caste judgement that no matter how good of a person she may be she is somehow lower in your moral status of what you feel is exceptable" .
wouldnt a person who doesnt judge others first ask "if my daughter did this and that, how would u feel about it" instead of already deciding what i would say and feel without even asking me?
But i still held my peace.I didnt say anything about how you were making me out to be something im not.
But i couldnt let go of that "flunk them" comment. i couldnt believe someone of your age who works in a school could say something ignorant like that.
You want to disrupt the education of little youths? why? because they are acting towards their natural instincts as human beings?
i wonder how disciplined you were when your bloodclaat hormones started kicking in.
And i am made out to be the judgemental prick here?
seen, alright.
and still i didnt want to have nothing to do with you cause i could see it was only going to cause a disruption so i asked the idren them, "did he really say flunk them". if i wanted to talk or reason with you, i would have said, did you really say flunk them. but you are too blind to see that. And now you say your princess was laughing at my response to you, but i cant believe the Empress would be just as blind as you, because ther was no response, only two questions,
one to u, cause i wanted to know if what u were saying was directed to me or if i was wrong, and the other question was to i dren, to ask them if they saw what an idiotic thing u had said

"here is a truth rask --i'm on this site for a while and if you wish to communicate (i won't call what you are doing with I as reasonning)
with me the way you are, feel free; but i'm not going anywhere and you really do yourself an injustice
lol ok,
let me make this clear, i dont want to communicate with you. i dont want to reason with you. i dont want to do nothing with you or your sort of bad mind people.

i dont have any wish to try and drive anyone from this forum, neither can can anyone drive i from this forum, so keep out of my way, and i will.....well, i have been doing so already, though you are too full up of your pride and weak heart mentalities to sight that.

If the Empress is reading things, i apologise for having to say thsese things, but they must be said. Your man like to go into the lions den and disturb the lions. Mind he get bitten one day

Fire pon your badmind mentality

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 5:58:45 AM

The sad thing is, no matter what you say about INI God and King and INI as a people, no matter how many times you deny the Almighty, there are good idren here who are still willing to reason with you, and i give thanks for them, they are more patient than i.

So stop exposing yourself, before they all lose any respect for you, as i have from long long ago

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/10/2007 8:30:12 AM

much respect for your words Ark I

as long as the "culture" speaks about controling a specific group within their "culture" (i qoute that because some people seem to think that by saying culture it means all their actions should be acceptable) i will speak up and out. If we check our history we will see that it was part of american culture to place blacks at the back of the bus and push native americans to reservations. Should we have stayed quite on that and said, hey don't attack their culture.

As far as women dressing as you say "modestly" --modestly according to who first off?

but secondly and more importantly if the women is dressing in that "modest" fashion because it is her choose then fine, but if she is being pressured by her man or the powers to be of some religion than i am 100% against that because we are now dealing with a form of oppression.

i honestly appreciate your respectful approach to this issue with I. I see we disagree, but you did not come with insults. Now go check RasK's responses to this issue and see how he resorts to name calling. Now if you feel that because i disagree with him then he is justified to resorting to name calling fine --- but i did nothing other than disagree with him. he had multiple chances to enter into this discussion respectfully, but instead he choose to write snide little posts to others.

now may i disagree on an issue that is very personal to him (denying jesus to focus strictly on Selassie I) --- yes. But that issue is also very personal to me, but i am not going to start (at least i'm trying not to) throwing around insults.

much respect

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/10/2007 8:38:00 AM

okay

respect

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/10/2007 9:10:06 AM

Ark I

may i ask you.... what do you think of the Muslim women that have to dress in such a way that only their eyes are revealed while out in public and they are not allowed to go out in public unless they are with a male family member?

also sorry for not knowing this, but i do not know if you are male or female. would you mind telling me.
i do not wish to make an assumption.

respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 9:21:16 AM

ye ye keep saying that and make yourself feel better, stay ignorant to the fact that almost everyone, at one time or another has had points in which they disagreed with i.

So it is my youthful brainwashing is it?
At least i am still a youth. What is your excuse for being once a man and twice a child, big man?

Take it like a man and move on, stop crying to people. Anyone who wants can open the last two posts "?" and "judge" and see what has been going on.
You would dare to say to me, pray to your god in the sky, and you are telling people that i am disrespecting you??? Right, i will show you what disrespect is, just come in my way again

Didnt i say, show me where i said anything directed towards you until you directly started using my words for your own purposes? i am still waiting

Remember this , none of this would have come about if you had left me alone and stop mentioning me, like i told you a long long long time ago, many many many times, so blame who you want to

lol snide remarks...haha...i see how your mind works..didnt i just say stop exposing yourself?
i am passing snide remarks to others ? ...so how comes you are now passing your remarks to Ark I instead of to me if you have any truth in you?
people funny bwoy

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/10/2007 11:36:13 AM

Blessed, I have to go forward and read these posts, but I have to forward. I just wanted to say something. I am an empress, I don't tell other empresses how to dress. I would tell them why it is good for I n I to dress royal. If society wants to wear jeans, fine, but I n I rastafari empresses should not. This livity is to seek salvation, it is a spiritual livity. Sometimes I n I get distracted with lustful feelings and flesh. So, if an empress dressed non-revealing it is taking that lust feeling away. This is not downpressive to I. Plus, if I n I say I n I are rastafari, then I n I see with I n I spirits and not focus on the flesh. But, if an empress has tight jeans on and her cleavage is right in ur face, then I'm sure it will be hard for the bredren, cause it is natural to be turned on. Plus I n I represent mama omega, she always dressed royal.
In society men will seek a wombman based on her physical measurements, and ignore the sistren who may not have that. But, a real man with a spirituality will search with his spirit.
Now, some wombmen do dress royal but are wolves in sheep clothing, but so it go.
I think a wombmen can dress sexy for her king in private and do watever she wants with her king in private. But, when she walks out her gates she should be covered. Every step she takes she represents Empress Menen and must be upright with her words and works.
I personally had to break up with my man because he wants i to go out in the public and dress sexy. He wants I to wear tight Jeans and shirts. He thinks I'm ugly the way I dress, the words he said and the reaction, really hurt. He acted ashame to be around me and so forth. He would jokingly say how I'm ugly, and strongly fight I dress with words. But, I know who I am and I refuse to bow down.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I