Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2029&start_row=1

University of Dub Returns

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/25/2007 3:32:47 AM

Praises Ones and Ones,
Some great news for I n I skankers in Londontown:

Greetings to all University Dubbers! Patience is a virtue.

University of Dub is glad to announce that we have a new exciting venue for our next dance. Jah Bless.

This will be on:

FRIDAY 7th SEPTEMBER 2007, 9pm – 6am.

Featuring:

IRATION STEPPAS, CHANNEL ONE & ABA-SHANTI-I.

At:

SEOne Club

Weston Street, off Tooley Street

London Bridge

London, SE1 3QX

(5 mins from London Bridge Rail Station, Underground and nightbuses).

Visuals ~ Hot food ~ Chill out zone ~ Record/craft stalls ~ Disabled access ~ Good facilities ~ No smoking

Entrance £12 only.

Further info: 07745-229970

www.universityofdub.com

(If you want a flyer/s and a map please email)

Promoter deh pon street again! Selassie I workers…….

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 7/25/2007 2:49:12 PM

Greetings

Thats really good news, as we were waiting with impatience.

I am so happy, as my graduation year is coming :). Times up and is 4 years since I walked through the gates of UoD.

Blessings to All Heavy Steppers Skanking Massive!

See Ya in a dance

Blessed Love
Love Rastafari

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 1:16:41 PM

Blessed Ises

Can anyone tell I what is happening with Jah Shaka, if anyone knows from UK

Sis Ten, didnt know the i is a stepper :-)

I am a person who, musically i seem to go through phases or cycles where for sometime i will concentrate on a certain genre until i move on to the next, and the next until i come back again.
And right now i am missing Dub and that hard Uk Sound system vibes, u know people like Twinkle Brothers and such
But since i been away from it for a while i am kind of out of the loop,,,,so if the I dem have good suggestions plz Forward

To get an idea of the sound i am looking for
right now, i am playing two songs by Vivian Jones
Crucial and The Gun

Bless
Give thanks
Rastafari

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 8/9/2007 2:14:18 PM

Yes I

Jah Shaka is back in sessions after more then year of break (there is lots of stories around why he stopped).

Moreover, his young blood aka Young Warrior started his shows with new dub generation performing with many great artists.

Itical Bass Vibrations

To find out more have a look at rastaites.com - actual London Events page.

Blessed Love
Love RasTafari

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 4:27:40 PM

Blessed I

Give thanks
I will check on the site but for now i dont know why but i cant seem to go into the Shaka page. will try again

But tell i more of Shaka and the new youths. I didnt know he had stopped for a time. The last time i was in London was after the fire and he had ofcourse stopped then.Still, glad to know he is back doing what he do best

Blessed
Rastafari

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 8/9/2007 4:54:06 PM

Bless

We were on two sessions at Dingwalls Club in Camden, nice place full of people, but not overcrowded enough place for skanking :)
Really enjoyed uplifting rootical atmosphere,as always great selection and sound system navigation.
Sessions are promoted by: Culture Promotions

Young Warrior is producing his own tunes, and making really well as selector and navigator, I had occasion to see him in a live session at Telegraph in Brixton and this year Lambeth Community Festival. The I can find out more on his myspace site: Young Warrior

Blessed Love

Love RasTafari

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 6:20:50 PM

Seeeeen

When the I said young blood, i just thought the i meant one of his like, you know, a youth he has been mentoring or something
Soon as i saw the pic, i overstood what the i meant. Seen, i used to see that little youth running around the session, with him little mini sound system,skanking just like his father. And ye shall know them by their fruits, u know
A Jah works a gwaaan

Was nice to sight Dub Judah too. Humble Rasta for real

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 7:23:21 PM

By the way Idren Elijah

Congratulations on your graduation year. It is a joy to behold. It is the Key, use it well

Holy I Selassie I Jah
Bless

Messenger: Veuch Sent: 8/27/2007 9:29:01 AM

Hello Everybody,
i'm gonna be in London next week for the first time of my life, and so i'm very interested by the return of the UOD !!!

But I found that : http://81.29.64.98/seone_new/admin/talent.jpg
which is planned at the same place and a the same time that the Dub party, is it normal ?

And if you have some advices for helping me to discover London in one week, if there is some place i can't miss etc etc...

Thanks a lot !
Blessed Love
Veuch

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/27/2007 7:23:11 PM

check out Catch A Fire at the Ritzy in Brixton on Sundays 8 - 11 most heartical reggae sounds. Also David Rodigan's session this Weds in Ladbroke Grove is def worth checking out - for gigs in Londontown checkout www.rastaites.com/events. Haille I

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I