Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1984&start_row=21

Tattoos in Ethiopia

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JahWoek Sent: 7/18/2007 9:44:40 AM

Blessings Always!

InI didnt waan to stir up any commotion..give thanks for everyones comments..I feel thee I's from every point of view..no one really kno but Jah..all the confusion is man-made..As an artist I do see a lot of disrespectful tattoos but also I see alot of people find self and comfort in there tattoos as well..so its like in anything in life...music,art,teaching...its how they use this talent or expression..please kno that InI dont just tattoo anything on anyone,as far as justifying life according to the bible..InI haffi check pon who is the author and wha was dem intentions..now InI now of Ithiopia and the untarnished tradition of the Church Ova there and see clergy and Empresses wearing bodymarking and make me wonder a who really is this a king James cause InI only kno of one King who was worthy enough to sit upon the throne..so I say Bless Up everyone everytime..ONE LOVE
humbly..
~Jah Woek

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 7/18/2007 11:07:17 AM

Ah... Ises...

I see Bro. Anbesa is still ministering to the cyber masses.

Don't diss the iverlasting balance of man&womban... King&Queen my dear guy. There stands the keys to irational power, especially if the intention to oneness is manifest in the two individuals. My Kinghead is very important to me. If you knew Fari, you would know what that means to InI trodition. I wouldn't expect the I to overs the mystical strength in ivine oneness between him&her... that would mean you had a real and ightstic rems. Which you don't.

I think you should be more honest with your ministry and congregation about how isolated you feel as a dread, how disparate the gap between the meds you aspire to, and the one you are able to live physically. Being of Ethiopian nationality, or wherever, does not make you more ilaful. I think the I will find there are as many pharisees & saducees in "modern" Ethiopia as anywhere else in Babylon societal region. There were many of them surrounding I-King & Majesty.

If you had a live and functioning innection, you would be so much more reassured. Your lack of solid and fundamental communication with the Irits shows in your all round misguidedness, crassness, and total lack of Self. When you write, I see no 'Self', all I see is your attacking.

Don't worry... I have taken the attacking it as a compliment, cos I think that you have a problem with the fruits and rewards of RasTafari for the enlightened and awakened... and clearly feel a resentment for the beautiful ones. Particularly as you struggle day to day to remind yourself of Fari Ights, which for you is virtually impossible without www.jah-rastafari.com

Cool anyway. I won't bother with "blessings". It's hypocritical. I think you're an a**hole, and given what I can rems up about your attitude... I think setting lines of demarcation between ones such as yourself, suffering with deep rooted angst and lack of self-affirmative energy, and those livicated to an active non-compromise trod is better and in keeping with prophecy & history.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/18/2007 4:07:57 PM

Ai,Ai Ai

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/18/2007 4:22:19 PM

sickening

lol Cyber masses ? Convenient isnt it?

Bro.Anbessa, i beg the I brethren, dont come back with more animosity and rancour, i am sick to death of this crap.
Just say in thy heart,
Jah,If i am wrong, show i the error of i ways and correct I, and if i am in the right, then show I sistren the error of her ways and correct her.
Thats all you need to say, plz

I have seen what passes for humility these days and i say Fyah Judgement

Remember say this is Judah month!!! Hold your Order, everyone

Rastafari IS

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 7/18/2007 4:23:30 PM

Paintings in Ethiopia or tattoos on the Ethiopians skin?If is it tatoos on the flesh i will not take part with the carving of my skin or any other forms like some other tribes.I and I put large pictures of Haile Selahssie around my neck and pin them on my shirt because i have him inside of me first.Just By the pictures of my king it so dread for some to look upon.I and I love the Ethiopian arts and crafts thou.One Love me Kindread!

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/18/2007 5:02:48 PM

Greetings
Aya I imagine you must be very upset to speak of another brother in that way, but sister please don't let things get to that level - Jah love first above all things. Some battles are better won through humility and love rather than head on confrontation. Hold your dignity as an Empress and Brother hold your dignity as King. There's no need for things to degenerate to this level where insults and profanities are used - that's unacceptable. To disagree is one thing but this most recent post is a bit much Sister, I didn't see what in the brother's post insulted you so badly you had to retaliate so violently and refer to him using obscenities. I hope you can make peace with each other. As the I said, it is the moon of Judah, a time of ilabration, happiness and love. Let it be so. Sellasie I be praised.

Messenger: I Youth Sent: 7/18/2007 6:41:36 PM

Greetings Bredren and Sistren,

The I have not been to this site in a while cause InI been taking care of personal and legal matters. But when the I was last here I recieved some very helpful reasonings pon I legal situation and I conduct as a child of Jah Almighty. InI really appreciated all the helpful comments and advice but now when I come back the first post the I read I see I brudders and sisters bickering about tattoos. There are more important things to strive for in life than who is right about tattoos. Only Jah can judge anyway right? We can't let small matters invite frustration among us. Hail RASTAFARI and get on with your LIFE its too precious for argument.Take it from this I here who almost lost I freedom and I own life recently. like Uncle Bob say "If you know what LIFE is worth you will look for yours on Earth".

One Love
RastafarI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/18/2007 11:04:11 PM

Blessed Love Idren and Sistren.

Let the 20 day old argument stay 20 days ago.

I am guessing that Yaa Asantewa didn't realize that Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa last post in this topic was 20 days old because JahWoek brought this topic to the forefront again by making a post today. But whether she realized or not, let it stay 20 day old still.

As Ras KebreAB said,
-----------------------
Remember say this is Judah month!!! Hold your Order, everyone
-----------------------

And I would go farther and say Remember who's name we call ourselves by and Live by HIM example. And I also say this to my own self, because I also sometimes get too heated.

Think about Selassie I in everything you do and work to act and react as Haile Selassie Jah RasTafarI. Does Selassie I speak to people in the manner that we often speak to each other here? Selassie I is always majestic and steady and always Holds HIM Order. So should we as RasTafarI people, no matter what day of the year.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 7/19/2007 4:39:09 AM

Ises My Lord and Empress

I see you, never mind, I see you.

I see what hate and evilness I brought to sight in the Empress, and I am sorry that it really went that far. Still I bring love, as it is love abuff all which the Empress needs.

(You see, I am full of love and never anger. If I was, I would never again call you Empress after hearing this words from you, as no Kingman ever would again. But I see it was my fault, it seems you felt these words necessary. I am sorry for that, I truly am.)

Maybe I should not.... but I can't but try to give a good advise.... I just try. When "a guy" over the internet is able to bring up so much evilness and darkness in you, beloved, ..... a guy ON THE INTERNET! .... how much more will it be in reality?
Just think about that. Maybe it's a lesson you learned.

I give thanks for truth being revealed, everything must come to light.
Love I bring.
Selah

Messenger: still looking Sent: 7/31/2007 8:53:32 AM

i have many tats and all of them speak to conscious issues for i life. when i hear people criticize people who have tats i get the feeling that they think this flesh is going to last forever. for i it is only a vehicle that i will be using for hopefully 80-90 years. and now where all of my tats are of the conscious/spiritual nature and means something deep within me -- i would not make a judgement on another's tats. knowing what experiences that went into choosing mine i know it is impossible (unless we ask) what went into the decisions of someone else. someone made the commnet of the dolphin tatoo --who knows --maybe that was the favorite animal of a child that died. but even if it was put on because they just like doplhins --that is cool too (at least to me).

i personlly like to use words as tats --- i have portions of selassie i's speach on Racial discrimination on each forearm.

i have the worlds ahimsa, ubuntu, and one world on my upper arms.

on my chest i have a black rasta reaching over a wall and pulling up a white arm.

and my favorite is a large africa on my back with marley's face over the top of it with his dreads dangling over the sides and his hands are under africa holding it.

someone mentioned that tattos are permanent --- that would insinuate that we are. i am here but for a little time. the oppressors get their air time all the time, my tats are a way to keep me in line and also at times a way to have a conversation with a person on an issue that they may never have had.

now many of you know where i stand on the bible issue, but i believe it is written in there that "upon his thigh was written, king of kings...." maybe that is a reference to a tatoo.

respect

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I