Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1951&start_row=11

ten, rask, broD, dom .....what do....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/18/2007 10:21:39 PM

Respect ten,

we may have addressed this earlier, but there is absolutely no anger in my tone. i think maybe that you are taking this cyber issue and thinking what it sounds like in face to face meetings and are assuming it is the same.

what are the two things they say people should never discuss? religion and politics---i think they say stay away from them because they tend to get heated. i would agree this is true when i've heard others in these discussions, but i could discuss our differences all day and rarely will i get upset.

i know an eye for an eye will leave the world blind and i know that if i match yelling or name calling with yelling and name calling the bridge to any type of positive relationship is more than likely going to be burnt.

i think working with teenagers who sometimes let the tongues go to fast, require a teacher that won't blast them in front of everyone and make them not wish to come back the next day. i guess it is good practice for patience.

hey I will get back to the other post questions tomorrow, but while i'm on this one i would like to ask-----are you from zimbabwe or where did your interest in it grow?

respect

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/18/2007 10:22:52 PM

RasK i think you are just projecting on to me what you feel.

i have no problem at all with your name

respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/18/2007 11:40:03 PM

Let i explain once and i hope that will be enough

You say you have the maximum respect for HIM Haile Selassie I

well I Father said, " However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God."

Now my question is, do you respect HIM enough, are you humble enough, do you overstand enough, to say, Yes,I hear you,Father

From everything i have seen and heard, i dont think you are, at least not yet.

I know you have good intentions, i know you are seeking for many things in life, but as far as i am concerned if a man is not "still looking" for the True and Living God, then everything else is worthless. You can disagree with I, but like i said , thats how i see things.
I am sorry if this offends, but that is how i see ones like you, like a ship without a rudder. You might sail peaceful in calm waters and fair winds, but when the whirlwind comes, that ship will be dashed against the rocks. So why would i get onboard that ship?

Now, for the last time, i do not wish to argue with you. There are plenty ones here who dont see it like i do. And i said to you already, plz speak with those that speak to you and let i be, because from a man says I have No Creator, there is no point in which I and that man can meet, none.

All i ask of you is to stop calling i name. Its not so hard is it?

If you happen to read something i write that you think might be directed at you, plz erase it from your mind because i wont.
I have already apologised for any harsh thing i said, and if you want i will again, As my elder, i owe my respect. But i really took it as disrespectful how, you came here, to a Rasta Forum, claiming that you are "still looking", but then you go on trying to show everyone what you think of the word God and how you believe there is no creator, when you know, YOU KNOW ,that Rastafari are a people that Praise INI God and King morning noon and night. Isnt that disrespectful? really look within yourself
Thats all i have to say
I say Love and Honour ,Peace and Prosperity. I wouldnt wish you anything less, for even if you dont acknowledge the Almighty Irator, InI know he Sits and Reigns over your heart too
Plz,there is no reply required for this

Rastafari Blessed Love

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/19/2007 4:31:39 AM

Yes I am from Zimbabwe, born n raised and hoping to make my way back as soon as I'm done with my commitments in this Concrete Jungle of the West.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/19/2007 7:46:53 AM

how long since the I has been there? and are you in the states or europe?

my wife and i hope to move there when our youngest is done school, but right now as you are aware--things are not going to well.

robert is struggling.

respect

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/19/2007 7:54:37 AM

rask will you read what you just wrote to me,

you asked me questions and then said do not speak with you----huh?

Yes I give maximun respect to selassie I, but that does not mean i blindly follow----i did not and do not even blindly follow my parents.

there is a qoute that i have up in my classroom which reads

"if you leave your education up to someone else, you may become who they want you to be"

this is to remind my students to think and to question----and they are free to even question their teacher(s)

so i believe in Selassie I -- I do not believe in god.

why does this have you so hung up?

respect

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/19/2007 8:03:56 AM

Hi Still!

Blessed Love! Yeah, I saw the I plug for me in one of the posting. Ras-pect.

I was a bit vex about the attitudes... which I feel like have cooled down quite a bit now. I am appreciloving the new refined vibe.

Plus, I'm at work all day just searching for distractions... and there is something about this discussio group that does make you wanna come back, and be like... "hm! So, I wonder what Bro. Anbesa / RasK / TEN had to say about THAT?" LOL. It's a cute little online community. It could be worse... I've seen a "rasta" site from Australia and ones on there think that Mount Zion is in New Zealand, cos of some crazed timezone based theory. LMAO.

Yeah. Robert. My Kingman & I were watching Last King of Scotland the other day, and of course trying to read between the lines of the general story we get about Idi Amin in popular rhetoric. But my Mother is from Nigeria, and she's always like... I don't care what they say, I liked Idi Amin, and I like Robert Mugabe. It's a difficult task, but somebody's gotta do it. There is no other way apart from compromise. Which is no way at all.

And watching the movie, regardless of the narrative spin, we found ourselves totally empathising with Amin even though things did go quite wrong for him... we were going along with what we feel like we would do differently given the scenario and the objective. One thing leads to another.

I have some Idren from Zimbabwe, and know some Fari who live out there, and often the picture we get is that the country should be cool essentially (and is apparently very beautiful)... apart from some sell-we-out colonial puppets who want straight Americanisation, and Mugabe says; "them fi DEAD!"... and of course the awful social repercussions of the vile and wicked sanctions and embargos by the West and the rest of their puppets. It's pure wickedness.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/19/2007 8:38:57 AM

Greetings
Well I am fortunate enough to be able to go home quite often, once a year - compared to some people who've never been back to Zim because they sought asylum in England or they can't afford to travel. Its sad that so many people were driven away from home for political and economic reasons and now the country's best doctors, teachers, accountants, bankers and future brilliant minds are scattered across the Diaspora. And they come here in search of a better life but have to work long hours in menial jobs to make ends meet, families get broken up and people get disconnected from home. For the kids they lose their language and roots because there's this stupid vibe going round that kids are better off learning English and 'English ways' from the start bec that's the medium of instruction in English schools - but back home the Indigenous languages are what a child learns first and English is taught at school. And it is possible to teach a child both languages rather than teaching a child to see their Mother tongue as inferior to a European language.
But on life in Zim, things are really difficult for the people. Bob has stood up to the West and I respect him for that. He's also a very shrewd man, good social policies in the 80s and 90s. But at the present time I can't say he's not made life difficult - the haphazard policies of govt have such a negative impact on the economy and life becomes unbearable for the people. The poor survive through incredible means and the rich are struggling, but Zim is not like what you see on BBC CNN n such - that's mass distortion yes we are struggling but the country is politically stable - the economic bread n butter concerns are more of a challenge than the political for most urban dwellers. But with all the problems its definitely a better place to live than England with all the 'luxuries' and illusory 'freedom' it appears to have.
On Amin yes I too walked away feeling I'd more respect for Amin, I think because the film tried to capture Amin the person not this megalomaniac history has made him out to be. True he did some evil things and persecuted people, but I see him in a different light.
...Ah one more thing on Zim, my serious gripe with Bob harbouring Mengistu - the only comfort I have is that Mengistu is quite ill so his time shall come to an end soon (JAH forgive I for finding solace in another's illness). Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/19/2007 10:29:14 AM

Give thanks for that sistren Yaa

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/19/2007 11:57:51 AM

Naturally RasK!!

These are the areas of InI concern. The basis of our iverstanding is important, but it means nothing if InI cannot look to our world today and at least keep a clear head of what is happening. After all, whichever way we look at it, it is fulfillments of prophecy and histories in the making.

Check out this youth project. Love these Honourable Marcus vibes, love 'em!!

www.ujammafarming.org

I would like the I them to give us a breakdown of how the Zimbabwe mystic feels? Every country has a natural feel. And I know Nigeria in West Africa must feel different to Zimbabwe.

What's Zimbabwe like?

I met two Idren on the train a couple weeks back, they were from Namibia, or was it Botswana... and they told me the real name of "Victoria Falls", or at least the name that their people call it... and I can't remember the words, but the literal translation was "the smoke that thunders".

Pretty cool I'd say. Are we allowed to say FIYAH BUN to whichever twit decided Victoria had something to do with those falls! LOL...

ok... after 3...! 1, 2... 3... FIYAH BUN... RrEeDDD HAaT!

:)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I