Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1941&start_row=31

wolves in sheep clothing

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2007 8:55:55 PM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2007 8:58:48 PM

Yes I

Give thanks everytime

Blessed Love
Holy I Selassie I Jah Rastafari Mighty and Dreadful is JAH Name in all the earth
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/16/2007 11:40:03 PM

still looking, since you came with the same thing here, I will repeat my post that I made in the other subject.

still looking, you said,
------------------------------
i could go on and on, but when i see a rasta site and start reading jesus this and jesus that and discussions on noah ---- i just get the sense that it is more christianinsanity rolling into africa to do its oppression business again.
------------------------------

I will tell you what RasTafarI rejects. RasTafarI rejects the teachings of those that say they are christians, but are not, but have performed wickedness and pretended that their wickedness was christianity.

RasTafarI doesn't reject the story of Christ, or the other stories in the bible, I and I glory in it. Maybe you have been misinformed about what RasTafarI is about, or maybe your thoughts are of your own imagination, but either way, you are mistaken.

Why don't you go a read the speeches I have placed on the website from Haile Selassie I. You will see a lot of Jesus this and Jesus that and other discussions related to the scriptures. So don't expect I and I to reject the ways or RasTafarI Haile Selassie I. I and I Itinue HIM ways.

Some people who call theirselves RasTafarI are not, but are the same as those who call themselves Christians, but are not.

The fake christians call themselves after the name of Christ, but reject the teachings and ways of Christ. Some don't openly reject the story about Christ, but just ignore the teachings, but others reject the story and say that the story didn't really happen, or that the translations used today are made up stories that are different then the original true stories.

The fake rastas don't have the convenience of 2000 years to make the claim that the words attributed to Haile Selassie I are not really HIM words, because it can't be disputed that they are his words, because there is evidence that they are truly HIM words. But some of these heathens still try to reject Selassie I words by claiming some foolishness that they were mistranslated into English. And other heathens still try to reject Selassie I words by claiming some foolishness saying that Selassie I didn't really mean what He said. And I can almost guarantee that after enough times passes, the heathens of the future will claim the same thing that some of the fake christians claim today and they will say that the speeches were not really said by Selassie I.

It is the same as all time, people have no desire to Live by the example of the Most High God, so they try anything they can to talk themselves out of it.

And in regards to religious wars. Most if not all of the wars that have been called religious wars are not about religion, they are about power struggle. The heathens who struggled for power misused religion as a way to gather people together to fight for them.

Here is a reasoning I made about those power struggles.
Power Struggle

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/17/2007 10:01:44 PM

Ark:

Rastafari as Selassie I may not reject jesus and the bible, but there are rastas that do.

humbly, what does that mean to you?

isn't it similar to the followers of jesus not being jewish even though he was or the followers of buddha being buddhist even though he wasn't?

respect

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/18/2007 5:35:13 AM

To I it means that Rasta is not solely about the Bible, Rasta is not about Jesus its about JAH and the infinite forms HE is, that's the underlying philosophy of Rasta. Ites might have questions on the Bible and reject Jesus n such, but what is common to all is the concept of God and the many forms the Creator may take so that its open to interpretation to whom ones and ones over JAH to be. Bible or no Bible, Jah is ever there.
As for followers of Jesus and Buddha - Yesus was a Nazarite/Jew but his followers call themselves Jewish because they believe in Yesus not in Jewish practice. Jews themselves believe the Messiah is yet to come so that differs from those who believe Yesus was the Son of Man, hence call themselves after Christ (and all the varieties therein. Same thing with Buddha, Buddhists seek to exemplify Buddha and their belief is based on ancient philosophies such that the concept of Buddha is an open world-view. If Buddha was Buddhist...He already was in practice not by name - people named His works as such and follow this.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/18/2007 6:33:15 AM

Ises

"Rastafari as Selassie I may not reject jesus and the bible, but there are rastas that do."

So what does this tell you, people calling themselves by a man's name but do not follow the man's teachings?

Selah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/18/2007 3:08:14 PM

still looking,

You made mention of Jesus followers not being jewish, but if you look at the christian bible, it also contains the jewish holy books. It is true that many christians today basically reject the old testament and put all their concentration on the new, but that is their own mistake. I see little difference between the old and the new testament, Christ just explained the things that the people didn't Iverstand.

It is true that I don't call Iself a christian because I am RasTafarI. But I and most RasTafarI not only read and learn from the new testament of the bible, but I and I also read and learn from the old testament.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/18/2007 3:20:42 PM

Give thanks I, that is true.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/18/2007 10:01:06 PM

much thanks for the reply

respect

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/19/2007 6:29:20 AM

If I may...

Ises & iditations for blessings and wisemind... InI live up & stick by rightful living in Love that InI may always know the source of my lifeforce and find perfect guidance in divine natural order... perfect irits of JAH! Ras Tafari.

I just felt the need to intervene and suggest a reminder to ones and ones of the notion that in our current condition InI are not in any real state to be able to put ourselves beside the Most High and feel that it's all good, just so.

I am aware that this is not how many of the I approach the livity... I'm just flagging up an added element of how InI seek to find.

We are speaking about RasTafari and how the livity as it is in process now, relates to the personage of the Emperor. And within our overstandings we have gotten to grips with the man of rights is God in flesh (I'm not contradicting myself, I still think there is a bold line between this ideal and actually seeing oneself as God without qualifying in the embodiment of righteousness). We have receieved the blessings of a plethora of prophets and messengers, living trumpets, etc... all calling attention to the presence of the African God & King and we are blessed in the benefits of the culmination of this.

It is all of these efforts that make up the livity of Ras Tafari. It is the blessings of all these men & people embodying the works of the Most High that have structuralised a livity that supports InI free people in a time where without RasTafari InI would be put in mental institutions, or worse. Our predecessors were put away and persecuted for this... and InI in many ways remain persecuted... but InI have been protected by shields of virtue by the Incients of this trod.

I think it is inappropriate to hail Ras Tafari in the specific context of Fari, as InI, and go directly to King. I mean, who is you?!

Again using the Bible as a way to illuminate the point, the Israelites had been held in bondage and spiritual defamation, castrated from their inherent spirituality and direct innection to the Creation (something like the general spiritual state and disconnection I Africans at the four wings currently are undergoing), and Moses their Father of redemption lead them out of bondage, and on their way he trained them out of the state of denigration by instructing them on dietary practice, domestic sanctity, etc, etc. And Moses was just one character that made up the entire picture of redemption.

InI sight I Father Emmanuel as being the figurehead of that priestical guidance. Many of the I them do not. That's cool. Whatever resonates. But what I am saying is that we here must be so much more humble to the Incients who trod the path before and made it so much smoother. InI must give Ises to these people to, all contribute to make up the body of knowledge that lives today to set InI free. They, loyal Ithiopian Africans, did this in the name of Ras Tafari... so to call Iself RasTafari is to name Iself as HIM children, but also in livication to the trod set by those who called HIM name long before.

We not supposed to really sit around now and ask questions about why locs? Why Nazarine vow? Why this? Why that? As if the Incients did not know what they were doing. And it is for InI to come now to refine it. Nuttin nah go so.

We supposed to look to the priests and prophets them, seek their guidance for it is these men & womben of Rights who are closer embodiments of the righteousness that is JAH. It is by the words & works of these people, inspired by JAH appointed time, that InI receive this grace in this time.

So this whole, making it up to suit myself vibe... as I said in another post is a folly thing. Truth stands alone. We cannot use ourselves to justify truth, it's impossible. Only that InI can be justified by truth.

So, what I'm saying is that RasTafari is a whole history of people, and as a whole it has a significance to a people, in the same way that Moses and the exodus has an entire significance.

So, for example... I think you can't be RasTa without locs, because the Incients say InI need that covenant to be able to convene with HIM elements to seek truth & freedom in nature and the ilements, they are for our communication, to be able to come closer to JAH perfect truth. And that is only one of the things InI must do... sight?

(That was not an order... I was just saying... "ye get me?")

I hope I got my point accross.

This is not that relevant to the main strand of this dicussion, only that I was starting to detect a seperation from the character of Ras Tafari and the significance of InI whole livity.

I don't think that people should be mislead into beLIEving that one can take one without the other.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I