Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1941&start_row=1

wolves in sheep clothing

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/14/2007 1:59:20 PM

InI thought i came to a rasta site but what i came to was a site with many christians in rasta clothing.

go to a christian site and you will hear much of the same rhetoric as here.

posting scripture and praising there white mythical figure jesus----and if you disagree with them they will say things like burn in hell or go to hell ---you think cutting it down to just FIRE is any different?

SELASSIE I is a strong black man ---don't diminish him with the white man's game.

EVERY OTHER NATION HAS THEIR GOD ---WHY CAN'T INI HAVE OUR GOD? WHY CAN'T INI HAVE OUR SPEAKER.

HOW WILL THE BLACK RACE EVER HAVE THEIR SELF RESPECT IN PLACE IF THEY DO NOT HAVE THEIR OWN GOD TO CHOOSE IF THEY SO WISH?

not all whites choose to follow jesus, but he is there if they would like

not all asians choose to follow buddha, but he is there if they woould like

not all middle easterners choose to follow muhhamed, but he is there if they like.

not all indians choose to follow krishna, but he is there if they like.

where is the story for the African to hold up if they choose?

were the men that sang "most people think that some great god will come from the sky and make everything alright" Rasta.

a mighty god is A LIVING MAN

YEAH I BELIEVE IN THE CONCEPT OF GOD NOT THE REALITY. IT IS A WORD AND IT CARRIES MEANING.

When stevie wonder talked of Mandela he refered to him as a "GOD SPIRIT" that is a concept i can live with ---to i it is a figure of speech which lets us know that mandela did good work.

DO GOOD WORK AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 6/14/2007 2:42:51 PM

Yes I that true,alot of white jeezus people trying to change our Rasta way of living,!We fe just live Rasta.I still living a Rastaman life.A sheep is a sheep a wolf is a wolf,run the wolfs from around the sheperd sheeps.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 6/14/2007 2:48:25 PM

Still looking,

Concept and Reality are as different as Knowledge and Belief

To know JAH is Reality.
To believe in JAH is a fairy tale as it indicates illusion and doubt. Where does one's concepts fit if they don't fit into one's reality?

Rastas have their God. He is Selassie I. The truth is Selassie I told us to read the bible. Selassie I HIMself is also a devout Christian. How can the I tell others they are acting like Christians when Selassie I HIMself acts like a Christian? Rasta only tries to act as Ras Tafari would act.

The African story is the Bible and the Kebra Negast. These are African stories brother. Half the story has been stolen and re-told, but one must try to place it back in the right context.

When Tosh said "the mighty God is a living man" he meant Selassie I is God.

“JAH alone a Christian”
-Joseph Hill

reason forward

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/14/2007 4:08:02 PM

blessings, reading this post and previous posts by still looking, i see the I is truly on a search. Here you claim Sellasie as God but in other posts you vehemently argue there is no God concept. Wa'gwan I, some confusion agwan here? And then you claim Jesus is white, since when? You have proof of that? Your claims seek to divide by race and as though Rasta were anti the world, no I we are on a quest for spiritual overing, we seek peace and love, to burn spiritual wickedness in the name of His Majesty. HAIL HIM.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/14/2007 5:05:51 PM

Idiot

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 6/14/2007 5:57:03 PM

Hes not an idiot, If you read his name he still looking so maybe some confusion comes in when people like you dont educate him but instead cuss at him.

Still looking im not sayin your confused im just saying its not cool for anyone to call my bredren idiot. no RASTAMAN is a idiot, not even if they a young bredren, overstand?

Bless up

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/14/2007 6:21:02 PM

where did i claim SELASSIE I was god? He is a Man A GREAT MAN -- A GREAT AFRICAN MAN.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/14/2007 6:29:30 PM

When the I wrote mighty God is a living man I interpreted that to mean His Majesty and when you say you hail Sellasie is that not an acknowledgement of Him as God? There is much for the I to explore because still the I makes statements like "YEAH I BELIEVE IN THE CONCEPT OF GOD NOT THE REALITY. IT IS A WORD AND IT CARRIES MEANING.", but in another post you say "God is weak term". Which is it - "a word that carries meaning" or a "weak term"??? And where oh where have you found proof that Jesus was white, disputing the masses of evidence that show He isn't and neither is He a white God. Let's not make a rat race out of spiritual beliefs saying this is this race and this is for that:
As JAH speaks:
"Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned;..
that until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained."

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/14/2007 6:54:53 PM

with your line of reasoning on selassie I and being a christian than all of these jesus followers should be jewish because that is what he was in the story.

maybe if all rastas would break off their christian ties then burning spear will no longer have to ask;

"IF ALL OTHER NATIONS HAVE THEIR GOD THEN WHY CAN'T INI?"

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/14/2007 7:05:13 PM

I think Burning Spear sings that because there's been a lack of recoginition of Christ's true origin. The I sings that because the Bible has been distorted and used to centre the West yet it begins as Genesis records, where the Pishon and Gihon and Niles meet, in the the Motherland Africa. The I sings that because Black people have been told they are the cursed sons and daughters, and they are not, they are the Judaic Christians and so Rasta will not 'divorce' itself from Christianity when Rasta hails from that very dynasty. Burning Spear is rebelling against centuries and milleniums of distortion, denial and oppressed truths thus wants this truth to be known, that from the Solomonic line was the Lion of Judah, let the world know this, let them know the Black Jesse Christ reigneth, chant His name Sellasie, over and over and know He is the King of Kings, Almighty Bless.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I