Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1917&start_row=61

I am God?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 99
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/13/2007 8:01:05 PM

Like Ras Kebreab, I too did not misinterpret what you'd written, I how can u say Gos is not enough to explain the wonder of creation, yet God is just that. Science explains the process, but the maker of it all is the Most High. Should we not be amazed by the skies, trees, animals and plants because God is our explaination? Its like saying the process of precipitation is not enough of a theory to show how rain forms or to say that pregnancy is not enough of an explaination of how babies are born? Yet this is the blessed, wonderful work of The Almighty's hands. Aya God is not a cop out but the truth, surely within you, you have some concept of God that acknowledges the self as a spiritual being and to say something like saying its God in me is not enough - there's got to be more. Aya keep questing and still the Most High is the answer, HE is the source. Don't get jaded by other people's views because you nah live for others but for yourself and your spiritual relationship is about you not agnostic, athiest or over-publicised orthodox structures of governance. That's why people say JAH lives in us, not in inanimate power structures and philosophies - through faith I n I come to explain the metaphysical which is the Most High. Whichever view you chose to take of wo/man as God or as wo/man as Jah creation as has been expressed in this post, Aya I think you'll find one common thing, that there is acknowledgement of a higher spiritual source that enables us to be amazed and to appreciate this wonder that is life. God is life I, God is the beauty of the hills, the sunsets, the rains, He is every particle every substance of matter on this earth. That's how amazing HE is, so please don't reduce the Creator to just a word or a "weak term" - His works attest to greater than that, and surely your own ability to think, eat, sleep, breathe is testament to that greatness to - regardless of whether you believe in HIM or not.
And yes I, no offence taken, this is a reasoning forum and I n I seek to discuss and share views. Hopefully you will be persuaded to overing God as a term manifest of greatness, not what secular or religous beliefs have turned it into. Faith comes from within not from people talk, its that inner instinct that tells I JAH lives in I heart, I am anointed by His everlasting power and simply saying HIS name God, has so much power reflected in all Creation and saying God, Sellasie I gives I so much peace and love and I know this world and worlds beyond are a beautiful place. JAH Bless.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/13/2007 8:51:50 PM

RasK said:"For the life of me, i will never overstand how the created will say he has no creator."

and I say; creation always was ----there never was a time when there was nothing which became something. something cannot be made from nothing, so there always was something which is still here today.

now Selassie I is real and I hail him up ---god is not

Rask Said "I suppose I have to stop assuming ..."

I say it is assuming that all think alike or should think alike is what causes so many problems.

what does the phrase InI mean to you?

to me it means that never will i separate man from creation. there is no creator only creation and we are it.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/13/2007 9:15:09 PM

Excuse i

I man tired of this

Rastafari Is

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/13/2007 9:16:55 PM

Raspect Ten, but this is going to seem critical,

you hope to persuade me? to what ---believe in something that you have absolutely no proof of.

if you have ever wondered why women have been second class citizens for so long all you need to do is to look at your post.

look how many times you refered to this almighty being as a he.

one does not need to believe in a god to live in awe of the world and all its beauty. there is no god and i awake everyday in wonder at how this all works. i am as amazed as you are at the workings of life and there is no god that drives that thought and there is no god needed for me as an explaination.

pregnancy explains the physiology but it still does not explain the real why or how?

no one knows what is beyond this time of ours called life ----no one. and anyone attempting to sell that truth is either dellusional , or a liar. I know that is going to offend you but those lies have led to the oppression of humans forever and i will not sit quietly and let them pass.

this life is all we have that we know and my actions are based on what they will do for me and mankind now and those beings that will follow i after i am gone. none of what i do now will have any implications on what happens to my flesh when it rots.

god is a weak term to this miracle of life so please don't you diminish the beauty of life with such a term. the next time someone asks you to explain one of those unexplainable beautiful events (say a majestic sunset) don't just say "god is great" instead just shrug your shoulders with the look of awe on your face and watch in silence----that to me would be the loudest most powerful statement.

AWE GUIDES

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/13/2007 9:19:48 PM

Fire

Why are you even here
im sure if u look hard enough you can find a nice new age forum for yourself
I never mind reasoning with anyone, rightous or not, but i do not come to a Rastafari site to hear about no god

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/13/2007 9:20:33 PM

I thought RasK was Rasta because your response is a typical christian response to those that do not see things their way.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/13/2007 9:22:59 PM

LOL

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/13/2007 9:27:08 PM

What them think?

Rasta say One Love, and you think say you can come to a rasta site and say there is no God and im just going to take it, you think i will sit by while you disrespect I sistren when she a speak of InI King?
Think again Idren

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/13/2007 10:01:25 PM

" and I say; creation always was ----there never was a time when there was nothing which became something. something cannot be made from nothing, so there always was something which is still here today."

first
Isnt creation, by defintion, a beginning?
Isnt to "create" something to "begin" something?
And if something is "created" or "began", isnt there something or someone to "create" it or to "begin" it.
Doent even science tell you there is a beginning?
Isnt this just common sense or am i mad?

Today, scientists, have gone so far down to the molucular level, that they are finding machines within the cell structures. And when i say machines, i mean that literally, machines with pistons and spark plugs and what not,within the body. And you think this was done withouth design?

Well ,each to his own mind, right?
Would have been nice if you could see I fire was for your benefit and not for i own.

Done me done
Selassie I Liveth
Rastafari Is

Messenger: ONE Sent: 6/13/2007 10:27:08 PM

still looking said [and I say; creation always was ----there never was a time when there was nothing which became something. something cannot be made from nothing, so there always was something which is still here today.

now Selassie I is real and I hail him up ---god is not]

Your thinking in a box...something cannot become from nothing?...and you say something has always been here then where did it come from...isnt this feat (something from nothing) exactually something a GOD is capable of?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 99

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I