Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1917&start_row=51

I am God?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 99
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/12/2007 3:51:14 PM

" Still looking, does the people that you mention really believe that God is or they just lie about it or pretend to believe, like they use to do?
I don't want to judge them, as I don't know them hearts and is only Jah who knows what is standing behind. I can only look at what they did or do and on the base of that think for who them are serving to."

Idren, its not that these people didnt believe in God, im sure they did.

Seen , i have never believed, that anyone does wrong just for the sake of doing wrong.
If you really check it, everyone who has ever done wrong, believed at the time that he is doing right.Murder,rape, arson,robbery,genocide,slavery....all those things were justified in the eyes of the people committing these crimes, such is the human mind.

if u ask why

This kind of amusing to i, Still looking, but the i ,unknowingly, in another recent post, described the way most of these people think, when describing something about the iself.....yes i know thats not what the i meant, so dont think im trying to pick on you........the i said
" some one says that i am a great guy ---- i say thanks but it doesn't mean too much other than i fit into an image that they approve of.
someone says that i am a lousy guy ---- i say thanks but it doesn't mean too much other than i do not fit into the image that they approve of. "

And there it is...perfectly put....with just that simple concept, the mind will justify almost anything
But if the idem really check it, this concept is very removed from the African ancient livity of ini societies.

And besides, if we go back to the original topic of this post, if we are all One in God, shouldnt it matter whether or not all those around us approve of our works and words?

Wise man seeketh Council

Jah Love
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/12/2007 3:52:32 PM

Yes I Elijah, Bless I, Rastafari

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 6/12/2007 4:53:35 PM

Idren Kebre,

That what I wrote, was a bit rhetoric. Of course they believe in some kind of God, but what was them God or the image of the God they have created to believe in? For I it looks like them God was the evil. It was them ignorance that mislead them.

The example of people that do wrong believing that they do right is very good.

It is the thing, if I don't know what is truly good, I can do wrong believing that is good, that is why conscious man need the knowledge and guidance to overstand the value of doings and I know that is only Jah Love, which can open our eyes for the true ( I mean, the man needs the impulse from 'I side' to awake and stand up for the right way ).

There was great Russian writer Dostoyevski, one of his main objects of interest was the tendency of man for doing evil. He set many questions
about it.
What I found in there, it was very interesting. He observed, that many people do wrong (and they do, as the I said, not for sake of it),because they want to provoke God, them are so desperate and lost so the crime is like behavior of naughty kid, who wants by misbehave get attention of parent.
Some people do wrong, because the punishment (not the one made by other people, the one which they do to them self) is a proof for them that THERE IS 'SomeOne' who see what them are doing and is judging according to them doings.
The biggest punishment and hurt to our conscience is that we overstand that we did something wrong, and the One who is suffering the most is our I. It is kind of not nice surprise, we were so sure we did good, but the consequences showed to us, how wrong we were, no one likes looks stupid, especially in his own eyes. :)

It may looks as a bit tricky way of explanation, but to be honest I my self experienced that, so I know it is one of true reasons.

Going back to the I last question.

If 'I' approve I's doing there is no matter if those around do it.
Jah Know, Jah See.

Blessed Be Love

Love Rastafari.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/12/2007 6:29:19 PM

Yes I, give thanks, it is truly a joy

Well in dealing with Dosteyveski, we are talking more about the subconcious side of the mind, but i sight what the I is saying.

What the i said in the end
"If 'I' approve I's doing there is no matter if those around do it.
Jah Know, Jah See."

I am not disagreeing ..just trying to show both sides of the thing.
True, I live i life by the concept that i am not here to live up to no mans expectations
But on the other hand, if ini , as Jah Children, do not approve of ini when ini do good and burn it out when ini do wrong , then the concept of Iron sharpen Iron cannot work
The True voice of the people is the voice of Jah

Selassie I Liveth
Rastafari Is

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/12/2007 10:32:45 PM

Ras KebreAB,

it is funning how the I asked the "are they just pretending?" question. INI do not know the personal God that most speak of (the one that has been given an almost individual being feel), but the other day I was saying jokingly to I wife things like "oh lord" this and "oh Lord" that. after saying it the second time I said to I wife how easy it is to use those words ---to which I wife said I wonder if most people are just saying it as a figure of speech or they say they believe in god because they think they have to.

to I the name god is a very weak term that is used to expalin the wonders of life that we will never overstand----not personal, not a thing, not some kind of being -----just an IS.

I don't feel as if the I was picking on I

now in regards to the end of the I's post:

"if we are all One in God, shouldnt it matter whether or not all those around us approve of our works and words?"

InI would replace God with "Is" and for I personally it should and should not matter if "all" around us approve of our works.

by that it means, i should listen to and consider criticism that comes I way however InI know that I will never please everyone so I must in the end be true to the acts that I can live and die with.

much raspect

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/13/2007 1:27:18 AM

Still Looking please explain what you mean before I n I misinterpret your words when you write:
"to I the name god is a very weak term that is used to expalin the wonders of life that we will never overstand".

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/13/2007 4:57:41 AM

Yes i, and explain to i what you mean by "INI do not know the personal God that most speak of (the one that has been given an almost individual being feel)" before i misinterpret your words.

The i should make sure of who said what.Its not a big deal, iknow it is an easy mistake to make, but i dont like someone elses words being put in i mouth.

About the last thing...i thought i made it clear but here it is again

I am not disagreeing ..just trying to show both sides of the thing.
True, I live i life by the concept that i am not here to live up to no mans expectations
But on the other hand, if ini , as Jah Children, do not approve of ini when ini do good and burn it out when ini do wrong , then the concept of Iron sharpen Iron cannot work

Rastafari Is

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/13/2007 3:13:34 PM

respect ten,

Still Looking please explain what you mean before I n I misinterpret your words when you write:
"to I the name god is a very weak term that is used to expalin the wonders of life that we will never overstand".

let me try --though the net it not a very effective method of communication compared to face to face.

the rain and sun nourishes the trees which nourish all of the animals with oxygen -------how or why does all of that work the way it does?-----well science explains the phisiology of the process, but if you just keep asking-----yeah, but WHY? WHY do things work just as they do so that all that we know is possible?

ther is no concrete answer other than for some to say God.
For I to take all of the beauty and wonder and awe of life and narrow it down to the term god just does not do this amazing thing called life justice.

and for I, i see too many people that use that term have lost the AWE experience of life----they just throw out "god's will" and move on their way.

I see the term as one that has separated us from all that is----instead of feeling a part of this amazing thing called life they stand apart.

and i have seen more people that claim to know a god who have broken the people of the world into a them against us mentality.

science cannot answer the questions I have and to say God as the answer is to say they don't want to look.

Now ten, please overstand, I do not mean to offend you with I's overstanding of things.

just reasonning

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/13/2007 3:27:39 PM

raspect RasK,

first sorry if something was attributed to you that was not yours ---this is a long thread and some have cut and pasted from other threads ----of which i'll do now:

Yes i, and explain to i what you mean by "INI do not know the personal God that most speak of (the one that has been given an almost individual being feel)" before i misinterpret your words.

I'll try to keep this short;

as strongly as one may argue that there is a "God" I will strongly argue that there is no "God".

there is energy, there is life, but as far as some supreme being that is controlling all of this----no

this energy is in many forms of which we are one and we are a part of this thing called life----but there is no supreme being waiting to judge me when my energy changes form. i get judged everyday by my wife,my children, my friends, strangers that i come across (including those on this site), and myself.

I hope this helps with overstanding.

raspect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/13/2007 5:19:38 PM

I guess I didnt misinterpret anything.
For the life of me, i will never overstand how the created will say he has no creator.
I dont know who told the i there is someone "waiting" to judge when Selassie I Throne set already.

I suppose I have to stop assuming that everyone who comes here and says InI this and InI that is hailing I King and God who maketh all things possible

Anyway, as long as you are copying and pasting someone elses words, you might think of putting them in "inverted commas"

One Love
Rastafari Is

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 99

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I