Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1917&start_row=1

I am God?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 99
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/4/2007 11:38:59 AM

greetings,

i met a bredren who started a youth center in Cincinnati, Ohio. trying to do positive for community. i noticed how his name is IsLord Allah. so ini reasoning off the herb and he tells me about his beliefs, he says i am God, God made man in his image, we are all Gods. he says he doesnt pray because he is the highest element, there is none higher than man. I try and tell him God is greater than man, look at the wonders of floods, lightning, tornadoes, he says thats just nature

if the i could give me some great inspiration to tell him how God is greater than man, and there is a greater force outside of us. if i can pass on some seeds to him it would help because he has a big influence on the community and he can pass on seeds to the youths. i dont want youths thinking they are Gods, and not to pray, because they look up to this man.

Blessed

Messenger: 505Rasta Sent: 6/4/2007 12:25:47 PM

If the offspring of Horses are horses and the offspring of dogs is dogs then wouldnt the offspring of God be gods.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/4/2007 12:37:35 PM

yes i, ini teacher told us we are all Gods, but what i'm trying to say is we are not the almighty, there is a greater force than man that controls things, and the almighty created horses and dogs

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 6/4/2007 2:23:47 PM

That is an interesting philosophy. If this man is truly leading the youth astray then I am sorry, but remember JAH say you shall know the righteous by their fruits, so I would check the bredrin more by his works and not his words.
As to the nature of God and man, i would say that the nature of man is made up of darkness and light. the light part is where God lives in each of us while darkness is where our imperfections lie. That is why I say check the bredrins fruits as they will tell the I if he deals in righteousness or self-righteousness.

Bless

Messenger: HIMrulesWEall Sent: 6/4/2007 3:30:50 PM

Yes Iyah. InI Gods. InI Be in the image of the Imighty.

InI know where We stand at the same time also, seen? Jah is InI Irator, InI Father.

Jah Manifest all.

Bless.
RasTafarI
Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/4/2007 4:07:51 PM

young lion

there is no force greater than ini because ini cannot be separated from the force. the force is ini and ini is the force. for I it is what the meaniing of

INI

the problem with religions is that they separated humans from the force of creation------ RASTA tells INI that all is ONE

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/4/2007 4:11:16 PM

also putting the power of the youths into their own hands is not leading them astray. why must someone bow down and look into the sky for inspiration when the power can be found inside?

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/4/2007 5:25:54 PM

1.Aya its true that all of us are Gods and this brethren seems to have a sound philosophy - although at the same time there is a danger with this way of thinking if the youths are not fully educated on what the man believes. Too often youths say them rasta as an excuse to puff ganja not for isis but to get high, in the same way if this brother's beliefs are not understood, youths will just see it as a chance not to pray, but to continue behaving badly. I think its a powerful philosophy that could change the minds of many though.
2. On a separate point, don't dismiss the value of praying to the skies so easily - I n I ancestors prayed as ritual and its something that is a mediatational practice. The skies are where God was thought to dwell, as much as HE dwells in I n I hearts - in the Ible how many images are there of Sellasie as the rider in the clouds? In the Psalms, Revelations, John JAH is the clouds, manna comes from the heavens, the sun, moon n stars shine in the sky, rains come from the sky so does snow so you can't deny their power...The skies are beautiful and when I rise up I look to them to give thanks to JAH, yes the JAH within for creating such a beautiful day. I know I am blessed when I see JAH sun on the rise as Bob sings. So its one way of worship and making a connection with the spirit that dwells within. SELAH

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 6/4/2007 5:56:34 PM

In the philosophy, the idea of a man being the God dominated end of 19th century , many years after the enlightenment revolution.
Nietzsche "killed the God" and after him, so many have done it.
Consequence of that murder experienced billions of people in 20th century and nowadays.

In I recognition, man who believes that is a God (God for him-self, no master above him) is cursed by satanic illusion and thats looks to I very luciferian. The bad wants his victim to believe it, then the person is very easy to manipulate and is loosing the contact with its spirit ( I ), it is the worst curs that can happened to a man and is often happened on the person own wish (own believe that it is true that there is no God).

Evil is giving then powers that are unusual to ordinary people, first is the self confidence (in extreme - megalomania), another can be believing in forecasting of the future events - more like some material and intellectual powers, wishes and needs of spiritually poisoned person can be easily fulfilled - that is the kind of power that was promised to Christ when He was under temptation during His fast.

The energy that is used to fulfill the wishes is taken from the spiritual fire of the person, what can finished with serious physical sickens, mental disorder or even death/suicide. Usually, potential victims are unusual personalities, especially people who has high intellectual and spiritual potential as they may lead others on the same path.

What I can advise to the I?

Be very, very careful in contacts with that man, from that what I see now, the I is already under influence of that man ( the confusion that the men caused to the I are proof of that, the I is right in believe and is The Mighty who warn the I about the man).
If the I will try to influence this man then the I will see what is going to happened, he will try to manipulate the I - Danger!!!
If its the I friend that can be so hard to the I and even more dangerous.
What I would do if I were in position of the I, I would pray for that person, so Jah could take away the influence of the bad from that man as well try to stand away for sometime from that man and see what is happened with what is he doing.
Sometime it may looks like it is great work what that person does, but it may be illusion, some plants has beautiful flowers but it doesn't means they will bring healthy fruits as it is a long way and so many things can happened.

I don't know the I spiritual strength, but there is not so many people who can deal with those matters.

This, what is that man believing in, is big illusion
and betray to Almighty.
It is against the First Commandment.

If the situation is close to what I described, that man is in danger and is danger to others too.

Jah Save I&I

Blessings in the name of Almighty

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/4/2007 8:16:18 PM

Give thanks for that idren

I for one will never understand how one can jump from saying We are all created in the image of God to saying We are all Gods. Does anyone even think what the word image means anymore?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 99

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I