Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1870&start_row=1

Don't Know What To Do Please Bredrens and Sistrens help and reason with I

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: I Youth Sent: 5/15/2007 8:46:00 PM

Greetings bredrens and sistrens,
I am a youngsta from a small,country town in Florida. I'm only 21 yr old and until recently I was livin like a thug.but long story short, I decided to leave the street life, grow up, and become a real man instead of settling for being a "real nigga".(no offense or disrespect intended the term "real nigga" is American slang for someone who is thug gangsta or shotta). I was searching for an answer and I went to church but just like when I was younger Christianity could not reach me. it was as if pastor Kendricks a man I have known all my life was speaking a different language.so I kept searching and Jah RastafarI found me. it was like HIM speeches and messages, and the words of the Rasta bredrens and sistrens and the messages in the songs were exactly how I felt and what I had been thinking on the inside my whole life and I love the Rastafari culture and I wish to be full Rastaman I pray to Jah each day for more guidance. What books or speeches or materials for meditation do the Ras reccomend?

Messenger: Rasta J Sent: 5/15/2007 11:58:16 PM

Greetings I Youth in the name of the Most I God Jah. Blessings for your newfound wisdom and journey down the path of righteousness.

I recommendation for the best understanding of RastafarI is to search your heart and develop your understanding of love. In our hearts we've all been given Jah Love by our Creator but Babylon does many hateful things to trick us out of Jah Love. Learn to recognize Babylon Hate in all of its' evil forms so you'll know better how to resist it. Resistance I Bredren is the key to staying on the loving path toward Zion where the Most High resides.

Speeches and materials are wonderful tools to develope your knowledge base, but the key is can you apply the teachings, teachings which at the root all basically implore us to love more and hate less.

"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."

Haile Selassie I

"If there is no enemy within, the enemy out side can do us no harm."

African Proverb

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 5/16/2007 9:08:46 AM

Greetings I Youth!
I 'm a young man too, seventeen years old.
I 've never looked for RasTafarI, but RasTafarI's called me, so now , yes, i'm seeking RasTafarI, Jah pretty little Face.
The Words of Jah are your meditation , Jah Jah Wind which blows.
His Words are coming from His Holy Books, written bu the Oly Fhaters, and the Words we are going to tell to the Bredren and Sistren for divine inspiration and meditation, because "and when ye hear something said in a low voice, then cry it aloud on the roof".

What does His Majesty says for those who are coming unto HIM?
He says:"you need to trust and have faith in tha AllMighty God, HARBOUR LOVE and behave according to what has been taught us by
the Holy Bible; I would suggest you to think about all the way you could serve your Lord. By this meditation you shall inevitably find the way you can be usefull to your bredren and sitrens. If all the Crhistians would behave so, if we all would dedicate ourselves to his foundamental goal, we'd have a peaceful world, and we'd be sure to disobey not the Will and the Commandements of God."
You see now, that when HIM speask about serving the Lord God, he says that when you know how to serve HIM, you know how to be useful and to serve your bredren as well. Infact, Jah is Love, and is has been and is in flesh, Holy Flesh, so that when you see a man like oneanother, you can see HIM as your bredrend , for he's got the same flesh, Jesus RasTafarI took.
The Lion of Judah comes to Conquer; you can study, but if you have not the Revelation, you can't understand it. "All you could be given, comes from the Heaven!"and more, "Who got ears to hear, let him hear!"
I think the way Jah chooses His People, is a Mystery; "is not you to having chose Me, but Me to having chose you". He called Paule, with His Light, and he was not a good man, he persecuted the early Crhistians, but He called Him, and He could have denied Him, but he didn't.
Now your question concerns also the books you can find: well you can find some of them on www.onedropbooks.com , if you want to look on the web; otherwise, look for "Selected Speeches" or "Important Utterances of H.I.M.". These here has been printed by the very Government of Ethiopia, under His Direction.

This reasoning helped me alot, Give thanx ans praises!
Hope it could go forward.
Humbly, from Italy

Diego

Messenger: I Youth Sent: 5/16/2007 10:47:20 AM

Thanks and praises unto the Most High Sellassie I and thanks unto the bredren and sistren who so openly show love and impart their wisdom and experience to InI. Thanks to the I Ark I for this site. InI am learning so Much. InI am learning to heed the words of HIM the Lion Of Judah, King of Kings,Lord Of Lords,and the Comforter in this Iwah and learning from HIM's faithful follwers who have gone before me. Give thanks and praises unto the Most High and chant a little chant for the I as InI trod forth in the love and kindness that is Jah.Jah is love and if one know not Jah one know not love.

Praise unto the Most High Emporer Haile Selassie I
Conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah who come forth to comfort
and break every chain of babilon to give InInI the victory Again
and again and forever more

Bless Up & Give Thanks
Raspect
Sealassie I

Messenger: still looking Sent: 5/16/2007 7:24:27 PM

Much raspectI Youth,

The I has found the path and the path has found I. There is no turning away from Rasta once the I has become conscious of Rasta and it is obvious that the I has become conscious. The I knows what is best and though InI may stumble every now and then, the I will always find the path.

read, listen, think, and live and all will stay positive if that is what the I wants.

now-- since the I has asked for specific readings InI will through out a few that I have enjoyed (though they never have replaced Life)

The Kebra Nagast by gerald Hausman/ Dread by joesph Owens/ Rastafari - A way of life

peace be the journey

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/19/2007 11:02:52 PM

I Youth, you said,

---------------------
InI am learning to heed the words of HIM the Lion Of Judah, King of Kings,Lord Of Lords,and the Comforter in this Iwah and learning from HIM's faithful follwers who have gone before me.
---------------------

That is the way forward. Also, communicate with Jah RasTafarI and Jah will communicate with you. Jah is the best Teacher of all and Jah will also help you filter through what other people say to see what is Truth and what is false.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I