Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1851&start_row=51

Reasoning with bredren and sistas about RASTA

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/15/2007 10:41:00 AM

And now you have a problem with the living trumpets dem. Cos you are "real" RasTa right?

This is exactly the problem with white privelege mentality I was talking about in another posting. And it is the bane of true African liberator's lives!

What happens is, people like this take the grass-rootical originating irits of an inspiration according to JAH from Africans who are the targets and deliverers of the blessed redemption, and think that it has no grounding unless they stamp their approval on it.

It is not "REAL" unless it includes their interests, or the priorities they have set out for "universal redemption".

You can't say fiyah bun to white liberals with dreadlocs because the notion of correction using the metaphor of fire (not water) as a purging / cleansing mechanism is an extremely African concept based in culture and in spiritual ideo-mythologies. Without apology.

Wait and see if Dominic doesn't start to say... "RasTa is not an African thing".

There is no getting away from the fact that wherever you come from, Ras Tafari & Christ livity (the original notion of Christ from the KMTic spiritual system of the KRS - Christ heart) exists for the security of African people in the natural order of humanity and general creation. While Africa is in a state of dis-ease there will be no peace for the remainder of humanity.

If there is a qualifying criteria for RasTa, this is it; the upholding of that notion and principle. Africa first.

Anyway, I just wanted to highlight that little white privelege thing for people to see an example.

African people on this board know exactly what I'm talking about. Anything too raw and too grass roots, and originally African in character is always put down as being unrefined, violent, aggressive... blah blah.

We've already mastered all them passwords. InI are just real!

Our refinement is not in the europeanisation / "liberalisation" of our expression... InI only have come this far through because we never bow, never compromise. It was InI first, and humanity rests in our nature. We can rest assured of that.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 6/15/2007 1:56:18 PM

You dont even know me...

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/15/2007 9:53:46 PM

respect,

Yaa have you read the article by a white college prof ( i think his name is robert jensen) entitled "White privelege"?

you might find it interesting

Thanks for the words

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2007 10:29:25 PM

" Me as a RASTA I know Im different from bobo shanti because I dont worship Emanuel and I dont worship Selassie I or Christ.......
I worship the Father JAH-RASTAFARI! ?

Can someone explain to I what is happening here

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/16/2007 8:08:33 AM

I"ll explain what i know,

rasta is evolving like all religions/philosophies do.

many branches of christianity
many branches of buddhist
many branches of hindus

and i could go on and on ---- rasta it appears it no different in that respect

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 6/16/2007 9:49:43 AM

Yes, I.

When I read posts about African believes, Egyptians mystics, Black supremacy etc. I am wondering, if it's exactly that what is Rastafari about. Why some of I_s, try to create them own believes, but not stick to mystical, theological, philosophical, legal teachings of His Majesty?

More I read of I and I reasoning, more I am sure, that if you follow believe that HIM was Black Christ, then you are completely wrong, because He never said that any body should believe it. From this what I found, I quoted in another topic ("I am God?"), there is only One God - Jah Rastafari (JHWH - Might of Trinity), and in the next following paragraphs of Fetha Nagast, He set what kind of punishment will meet one who will try to promote between brothers and sisters any other gods and if I_s don't know it is death.

So if I_s have a problem to overstand that (no matter how old I_s are and what color of I_s skin is and whats orgins of I_s are) then better hold I_s mouth shut, as you may disrespect the commandments of Almighty and scandalize brothers and sisters.

I don't mind all Rasta sects, I and I have its own mind and overstanding for the things, and I and I don't need to create new philosophies and interpretation, good enough to overstand what already has been told by the Highest authority of King of Kings.
He doesn't came to make him self a god, He came to teach and guide I and I to our Heavenly Father.

Behold and Love Rastafari

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/16/2007 8:07:46 PM

Elijah

where would this world be if any or all of the following people held their mouths shut;

martin luther king jr?
malcolm x?
selassie I?
Gandhi?
Marcus Garvey?
Mandela?
Dalai Lama?

and we could go on.

quesitoning and/or speaking out against those things that do not feel right to one is part of our rights as humans.

INI know that some are offended with some of my views, but i haven't name called or thrown fire at those that disagree with I.

I chant up africa africa africa and selassie I---I do it without god or jesus christ ----so what?

do we have people on this board that think gandhi or the dalia lama will end up in some kind of eternal hell because they both do not believe in jesus christ and the lama does not belive in god?

words are ok, but watch a person's actions-----but unfortunately all one gets over the net is words-----and it is easy to have them misunderstood in this form.

respect

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 6/17/2007 11:16:15 AM

Still looking,

From this what I know, the people that names the I have called here, where Christians or accepted the teaching of the Christ, for sure they overstud the wisdom of Bible and even if they were living under influence of different cultures/religions, they doesn't negate that the Christ was Son of God (sometime people of different religions has more overstanding and respect for dogmas of other religions then to believes of them own brothers and sisters).

I said it is better to keep mouth shut, if I_s want to bend or decline the teachings of HIM, as it is Rastafarian forum, so who ever try to manipulate the message should be careful, as not man will judge them but the God (there is so many warnings in Bible against the false prophets).

I am not an authority in any way, I am still looking too, not for the way, I found mine, but for the Love and Peace that Almighty give to I and I. The problem that I an I have is forgiveness and mercy which is solution (I believe) for most of problems that I and I have.
Believe in what I_s want, but remember, that what we communicate do matter, as we are not alone in this world.
I will not argue to put the final seal on my words, it really doesn't matter, life will shows who has right.
I and I have enough confusion in world of today.
Division and isolation is main aim of babilon against I and I.

His Imperial Majesty is the King of I&I and as the King showed to I&I how to maintain personal live and community live, for prosperity and peaceful living of all the nations (not only African people), if I could use nowadays words, Sellassie I promoted global way of thinking, because if there will be disaster and war in personal lives, then it will be in the country and if one of countries will be in war then the whole world will be in war.
Do I_s remember what HIM said about repatriation from Jamaica? First do order in your country, so you could bring whats the best of your experience to Africa, because if I and I is not ordered in its own country, then there will be no miracle and I and I will bring these confusion and fuse to Africa, and there is no need for it as there is enough problems.

To last point, I didn't say that any one will end up in hell, because of not believing in One God, don't take I message to directly, HIM showed example from rules of the Old Testament to emphasis importance of the Orthodoxy, where in old times death was punishment for idolization, it shows the danger which is brought by human nature, people will always look for new gods, because then they can make them up for their own needs.
One rotten fruit can destroy lots of healthy ones.

HIM words:

"(...) And John the Evangelist said in his second letter:''Whosoever revolts against the doctrine of Christ and does not stay in it, has no God. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house, nor even greet him.'' Moreover Apostle Paul has said:''If there is one, even if he were an angel of heaven, who teaches you differently from that which we have taught you, let him be excommunicated.'' ''Beware lest they cheat you with the art of talk, which seduces the teaching of men towards vanity, which is an invention made in the corners of the world [1] [and which is not] like [the teaching of] Jesus Christ, whose full divinity dwells in the human body.''"

Haile Sellassie I, Fetha Nagast: Law of the Kings, p.287

[1] In all corners of the world.

inc as follow:

II Jn. 9-10
Gal. 1, 8.
Col. 2, 8-9.

Behold and Love Rastafari

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/17/2007 1:34:15 PM

much respect elijah

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 6/18/2007 11:23:53 AM

Greetings in the name of the most high JAH

Wow Elijah, you really know ya bible. thats nice! How many times have you read it? I am searching and searching for a bible that I can TRUST if you know what I mean.TEN gave me some suggestions.(thanks TEN)What version do you read? The reason I say a bible that I can trust Its like this. I know JAH message is in EVERY bible, yet some are more edited than others, I want a bible in english language that is not edited or corrupt. Someone give I overstanding about bible versions, Im confused. Some JEHOVA WITNESS people gave me a bible to read but when I looked at their watchtower magazine and its a white (brad pit)lookin christ, I dont go along with it. They also told me there we NO black people or prophets in the bible. They also said only one Asian named Job was there. I dont know if thats true but It seems kind of shady. I always thought africa is the beginning of the world since its a big continent and the music land and history are soooo broad how can you say life didnt start there. EVEN the wack scientist who say we came from monkey say things started in Mama Africa. Anyway this Point they tried to prove was hurtful and made me very angry. They didnt even know Selassie I yet downtalk him. So when It came to their bible I had bad vibes dig? I dont want a black mans bible or a white mans bible or a mexican bible I just want a people bible. A people bible which shows the truth about the human race and is least modified out of all of them. I REALLY want to read the bible from beginning to end but Im kind of weirded out after meeting dem JEHOVAS. I like their bible though cause it keeps JAH name in it instead of taking it out like most of the bibles do.
Thanks for all.

JAH bless.
Dominic

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I