Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1851&start_row=1

Reasoning with bredren and sistas about RASTA

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: dominic Sent: 5/2/2007 4:02:39 PM

Greetings in the name of the most high *JAH-JAH*

I was just blessed to meet bredren from zimbabwe. WE meet downtown infront of one of the music shops in lawrence Kansas.I dont know about the rest of you but whenever I see bredren with locks I aproach and Greet them in the name of the most high. They were coming from colorado and were doing wood carving shows and drumming shows and kids education along the way. I knew from our energy towards eachother that they TRULY were RASTA, and not just a fassion dread. We exchanged numbers and meet up shortly afterward. When we got to the pad we had some tea and Smoked. While we were reasoning I realized that we were VERY different RASTA but still the same! I know its hard to overstand but thats how it was. The more we reasoned the more knowledge was spread between us. They didnt see Selassie InI as most of us do, nor do they beliefe in the bible or Yesus the Christ. This makes sense cause they come from the Bush of zimbabwe. They wasnt Bobo or From the 12 tribes, yet I could see they were RASTA. Theres many mansions in the house of JAH. I also realize all people are born RASTA, but sadly we never find out because of brainwash. They say RASTA started in 1930's when RASTA is way older than history itself. we jamed and then went to do a show. After that we went to see victor wooten, cause they knew the drummer then we went and got some food and cooked dinner, and went to bed. The next day we ate the leftovers and They left to go back on the road. Some time passed like 5 days when I got a call and they was commming back to lawrence so we reasoned again and we made plans about travels to africa for myself.RASTA pay back favors to bredren. The reason i put this up as my first post is that I want all RASTAFAR-I to overstand that no matter if U a bobo or from the tribe or from Mama Africa. WE ALL ONE! we wont be like no others and get mixed in wars or politics drugs killing racism and all that because we got love. We RASTA dont hate other RASTA we reason and then we overstand our differences, dig? WHAT DO THE REST OF YOU THINK ABOUT RASTA? Anyone living close to Lawrence Kansas wanna jam or reason hit I up!

JAH bless :)

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/2/2007 6:19:26 PM

Man Bredrin, what a small world. I used to live in Lawrence from 2002-2004. Did the Idren by chance meet outside of Mass St. Music? I agree with the I, any kind of division is from politricks, and denomination mentality. One God, One Blood, One People.
I love this lyric from Bunny Wailer:
"If you belong to one party, and not to another, you are a subversive to unity and no man is your brother".

Bless

Messenger: 505Rasta Sent: 5/2/2007 7:18:17 PM

If they dont believe in Bible or Yahshua then how are they Ras?? How do they view HIM??

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/2/2007 11:16:42 PM

I feel that sometimes people use the word Rasta too loosely.

There are many people that I have met that are not RasTafarI, but are righteous people, and I consider them God's people even though they are not RasTafarI.

I feel it is best to call these people what they are instead of just calling them all Rasta, so there is not confusion about what is RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: dominic Sent: 5/3/2007 4:35:26 PM

Greetings in the name of the most high *JAH-JAH*

We meet infront of the supersonic sound.Its hard to overstand these bredren but they RASTA for sure. All people RASTA from creation.They dont believe in Yesus cause hes in the bible. and they dont believe in the bible cause it was used by white people when they came to africa and killed us off. See they say that they live in africa-zion and can check the real scene of whats goin on. They Really african and see more than some of us cause they actually live in africa. They want all africans to come home. Of all shades of african skin to light and dark.They see Selassie InI as a symbol and spirit of god. but dont give respects to the flesh for flesh sins and commits fornication etc. Its hard to overstand,and our solution at the end of my reasoing was to come to africa. I suggest that for the rest of you cats who actually RASTA and wanna help JAH planet, dig? They RASTA cause they fight the struggle of babylon by living and eating right and such things. Its a trip I know but I mean go to their website they got some nice pictures with andrew tosh and sizzla, junior gong and other bredren. And if a bredren can reason with them cats and not give thanks and praise to the bible and them things then somethings good seen? Check out the site at Bongolove.com. They also on youtube for bongolove. They went back to africa, and I cant wait to go home when I go in december.Africa 4 times bigger than the US and all we see on tv is war and starving kids.but what they dont tell black people that in the rest of the spots is familys and tribes that grow food and play drums. Find your culture Go to Africa!

JAH bless
Dominic

-ARK I-thanks for the Site its a blessing!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/3/2007 5:17:23 PM

Yes I...

I did meet the I Bongo Love in CO at a Damien Marley show, a very nice guy. He was telling I to forward to Africa too...good vibes with the man. I spoke with the man and his bandmates for a while, that was years ago, so give thanks for bringing up the memory again...He never told me that he was a Rastafarian, but I understand the thing Dominic is trying to say, Bongo was a man from creation, upfull, and good vibes.

give thanks..
SELAM

Messenger: dominic Sent: 5/4/2007 12:36:32 PM

They Reason I put the post was to see what other bredren though of the division in Rastafar-I, between BOBO, the tribe and other RASTA bredren. Because with us there are many different mansions in the house of JAH. So if a bredren told you they dont believe in the bible christ and only kind of respect Selassie. What would yall say?
Bobo give thanks to SelassieI. the Tribe gives thanks to Christ and SelassieI. Some RASTA give thanks to JAH-JAH ONLY! I can dig it all.
All RASTA from creation and all have a right to a decision in RASTAFARI, right?

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 5/4/2007 1:08:28 PM

Ises

It is not about different mansions or things like that. We ALL are in the house of I MAJESTY. Iman nah speak about man-made rules of any house or mansion.... I n I speak about HIM own teachings. So what's up with selfcalled Rasta who don't give a d*mn about what His Majesty struggled to teach us.... aint they got no ears to listen or eyes to read?

Stop the talk about houses. You are missing the point for miles. We have his majesty's teachings black on white written down. There is no compromise on that. Give I the teachings of Janhoy for I nah want no devil philasaphy!

If one does not live by the words and teachings of the man who's name he dares to bear.... then I say he is not worth this name.
I do not say this to tell anyone what he is allowed or not.... this is only my opinion....

The thing I try to say is.... what has houses and mansions to do with that? Whether you live by HIS words, or NOT. Ethiopia and RastafarI Worldwide need people who are ONE in HIM and no conman and frauds... we already have enuff of them. LIGHTENING AND THUNDER

Yeh Haile Selassie nän.
Selah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/4/2007 1:44:22 PM

I agree. if a man calls himself Rastafari, then he should follow the teachings of Ras Tafari, Selassie I. Just so there is no confusion.

All Bredrin should be welcome to sit at the table and learn and share what they know. There are those who strive for righteousness through good works of all cultures and identities. But to call ones self by His Majestys name and not make the effort to apply his teachings to everyday life dosen't make sense.

Messenger: dominic Sent: 5/4/2007 2:11:15 PM

Greetings in the name of the most high JAH-JAH

Bredren and Sistas! Thats not what InI sayin. What Im sayin is that a RASTAMAN from the bush of Zimbabwe aint gonna believe in the bible. The reason because of that is white man took our land using the bible! What I sayin is that RASTA is before Selassie. you read babylon info and they say rasta started in Jamaica in 1930. RASTA is from creation. People used to all be natural RASTA. Christ Yesus was a RASTAMAN! Selassie I was a Rastaman! all dem people walkin the earth now, they confused and brainwased but they A RASTAMAN! Bobo shanti believe in Selassie and worship him, but dont care about YEsus. Does that make sense? Prolly not but what im sayin is that in RASTAFARI theres differnt mansions in the house of the lord. thats from the bible. SO when you see bobo or RASTA from the tribes of israel or other free minded RASTA aint it all the same, as long as we have love in our lives and hearts? And Selassies teachings the same as Yesus. Yesus teaches obvious love and unity. People been loving eachother since forever. They a RASTAMAN even without Selassie InI.Someone from the mountains or the jungle can be RASTA without a bible or the knowledge of Selassie I or Christ. And even though I respect Selassie InI, Yesus and the bible I wont call a fellow bredren a not-RASTA because he dont beliefe in what I do!What I connect with is love, sharing, reasoning, overstanding , caring and dem things.I know its hard to unerstand the Bredren Bongo Love. But its like I said. I live in Babylon america and I dont see what goes on in africa. Remeber History is from white people and so is the bible, cause in africa we use story telling as history. Anyway I know mine or our believes which are different from other bredren who still claim RASTA. So where do you set up your borders to say OH HE RASTA and OH HE AINT RASTA. ALL MEN RASTA FROM CREATION! Small differences in my opinion only sets RASTA apart. I think its unique that were the only people in the world who can reason about difference instead of hating one another.The Reason I brought up mansions of the lord is because it state in the bible, and I think this explains why we have different standpoints on RASTA. Not for fraud or blablabla Just to say we are unique and differnt, but still understand oneanother. And if people went by dem teachings we wouldnt have religious war.We would see that were all unique and blessed. Anyway Im gonna go cook some food :)

Thank you all for reasoning and being loving RASTAFAR-I!

JAH BLESS!
Dominic

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I