Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1847&start_row=1

Meaning of Adultery

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/30/2007 4:43:38 PM

blessings,

i want to hear some of the i reasoning on adultery. it is a great sin but what does it consist of. i see it as if you are married to a woman and made one in the flesh by jah, then you cannot marry another and be made the same. and you cannot have relations with a woman who is married to another man, for they are made one in the flesh by jah. but you can have relations with another woman if she is not married, if you love her. it says you cannot marry again if your spouse you married, made one with, is still alive.

Haile Selassie was married before his marriage to Empress. any one know why it ended? and empress was married several times before marrying Haile Selassie.

amen

Messenger: 505Rasta Sent: 4/30/2007 7:02:03 PM

His first wife died....

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/30/2007 10:30:07 PM

From the way I see I trod and the example that Selassie I show I and I, when a man and woman come together they are One. So whether another woman is married or not, I am married to I wife and I only deal with I wife. I couldn't bear the thought of her being with another man, and I would never want her to to go through the pain I know she would feel if I was with another woman.

And even if I put her feelings aside, it goes against I trod so I don't want any part of it.

There are many different trods on the earth. All should sight what their trod is. One thing I will say is whenever a man or woman who is married deals with somebody other than their spouse, their spouse should know before they get involved with the other person, then it will be up to their spouse to decide if they want to be with a person that wants that. Otherwise it is deception and wickedness.

And it would be even more right and true if people who wanted that way of life to tell the people they are dating so the other person doesn't waste a portion of their life on someone who they would not want to be with. It is best to be truthful in all things so that you allow others to spend their young days finding the kind of person that is for them.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: White dread Sent: 5/1/2007 3:57:13 AM

What about being the other man/woman?

Bless

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/1/2007 12:40:01 PM

Blessed Love....

They say you learn something new every day. With whom was His Majesty married before Empress Menen, and with whom was Her Majesty married with before Emperor Haile Selassie? Where did the I get this information? Were these facts (are they really facts?) mentioned in His Majesty's autobiography and I actually missed it? I don't think so, but why would His Majesty leave out His first marriage? These notions bring up a lot of questions for me, and I can't believe that this is the first I've ever heard of this. Wow, Young Lion, the I's post really threw me for a loop, please get back to me with the source of this information, likewise 505Rasta, as both the I's seem to know, and same goes for anyone else with information on both Alpha and Omega's previous marriages. Is this really true?
Betam Amessegnallo
Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/1/2007 3:19:55 PM

I don't have an actual source for the information so it may or may not be true, but here is what has been said on certain places on the web.

Emperor Haile Selassie, by a previous marriage to or relationship with Wayzaro Altayech, had a daughter, Princess Romana Worq.

In regards to Empress Menen,

She first married Dejazmatch Ali of Cherecha, and bore him a daughter, Woizero Belaynesh Ali, and a son, Jantirar Asfaw Ali.

She divorced him and then married Dejazmatch Amede Ali Aba-Deyas, and bore him a daughter, Woizero Desta Amede, and a son, Jantirar Gebregziabiher Amede.

Dejazmatch Amede Ali Aba-Deyas died suddenly and then Menen's grandfather, King Mikael of Wollo arranged a marriage between her and Ras Leul Seged Atnaf Seged, but she had no children with him.

She then separated from Ras Leul Seged Atnaf Seged and afterwards she married Haile Selassie I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 5/1/2007 4:04:31 PM

After I pressed the send-button I discovered that Ark I already had answered the question about a minute earlier so this info is just a repeating. It's not possible to delete it though so I just add this info here at the top.

Her Imperial Majesty Empress Menen was born in Wollo in 1889. She was the daughter of Jantirar Asfaw of Ambassel, and his wife, Woizero Sehin Michael. Woizero Sehin was the daughter of King Michael of Wollo and half sister of Lij Eyasu. Through King Michael, Empress Menen could trace her ancestry back to Emperor Fasiledes and also to the Prophet Mohammed. Empress Menen had been married three times prior to her marriage to Emperor Haile Selassie. Her husband immediately before the Emperor had been Ras Leulseged Atnafseged. From her first husband Empress Menen had two children, Woizero Belainesh Ali, and Jantirar Asfaw Ali. From her second marriage, she had two more children, Jantirar Gebre Igziabiher Amede and Woizero Desta Amede. She had no children from her brief marriage to Ras Leulseged. The Empress thus had ten children altogether and the Emperor therefore had 4 step-children. Empress Menen married Emperor Haile Selassie on July 30th 1910, while he was still Dejazmatch Taffari Makonnen of Harrar. Unlike her previous marriages, this one was a church wedding with a communion service, thus the only one of her marriages recognized by the Orthodox Church. The marriage is said to have been promoted by the Lord Regent, Ras Tessema Nadew and Fitawrari Hapte Giorgis Denagde in order to tie Dejazmatch Taffari more closely to Lij Eyasu and ensure his loyalty. Some say Lij Eyasu ordered his paternal niece to marry his maternal cousin, while others say he actively promoted the match after the couple first met at his home in Addis Ababa and were smitten, and he realized the political advantages to him. Whatever one believes, what is certain is that their marriage proved very successful and long lasting. The Emperor and Empress celebrated their golden wedding aniversary in 1960. Her Imperial Majesty died in 1961 after 51 years of marriage, at the age of 71. She had been Empress of Ethiopia for 32 years at the time of her death. She was buried at Holy Trinity Cathedral in Addis Ababa.
Imperial Ethiopia Homepage

Emperor Haile Selassie had a large family. His first marriage was to Woizero Altayech, by whom he had a daughter, Her Imperial Highness Princess Romanework Haile Selassie.
Imperial Ethiopia Homepage

Same information is found at:
Imperial Ethiopian College of Heraldry of the Solomonic Crown

By Empress Menen, the Emperor had six children: Princess Tenagnework, Crown Prince Asfaw Wossen, Princess Tsehai, Princess Zenebework, Prince Makonnen and Prince Sahle Selassie.

Emperor Haile Selassie I also had an older daughter, Princess Romanework Haile Selassie, who was born from an earlier alleged union to Woizero Altayech. Little is known about his relationship with Altayech beyond that it allegedly occurred when the Emperor was in his late teens. His Majesty never once mentioned any previous marriage, either in his Autobiography or in any other writings. The Princess is listed among the Emperor's children in the official Imperial Family Tree published after his coronation[citation needed], and in every version since[citation needed]. She was granted the title of Princess and given the dignity of "Imperial Highness" upon the Emperor's coronation along with his other children, not something that would have been granted an illegitimate or adopted child.
Answers.com

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 5/1/2007 4:39:51 PM

Bible passages containing the word "adultery"

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/1/2007 5:40:34 PM

Give Thanks to all the I's, for the information....

I managed to find all the same info on the net this afternoon as well. I would very much like to know more about Woizero Altayech, but I couldn't find anything. We can only speculate, but why do the I's think that His Majesty would not mention Woizero Altayech in His autobiography. Also, 505 Rasta, where did the I find the information that Woizero Altayech died? Has anyone ever seen a photo of Woizero Altayech, or Princess Romanewerk?

All the information I found was on the same sites that Youthman presented, if anyone finds other info worth mentioning, on other sites, please post it, give thanks...

Selam

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 5/6/2007 3:20:44 PM

Young Lion, you mentioned Yahshua's words on adultery.

Luke 16
[18] Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

I don't mean to be rude or to judge Selassie I. I honestly consider myself having respect for him. Nevertheless, I want to bring this up and I'm trying to do it in humility.
It seems possible that Selassie I commited sin. I don't know about the circumstances but it seems likely.

The following verse also dwells upon my thoughts. I believe this second time means his coming back physically.

Heb.9
[28] So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I