Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1827&start_row=1

why all this christ talk?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 4/17/2007 9:08:28 PM

christ in the image of europeans for them and any other that feel the teachings

buddha in the image of asians for them and any other that feels the teachings

yahweh in the image of native americans for them and any other that feels the teachings

mohammed in the image of the muslims for them and any other that feels the teachings

Selassie I in the image of Africans for them and any other that feels the teachings.

------------------------------------------------------------------

InI have been to Africa twice and to walk around and listen to them bow down to the white christ and not even know that christianity was forced on them with the barrle of a gun ---- it hurts my soul.

every other nation has there god or has their myths except africa ---

Rastafari is Africa's ----- Selassie I is Africa's ------Mandela Is Africa's -------Why water them down to european's Christianity"

Christ wasn't a christian ----- he probably was a buddhist ----InI know Selassie was a christian ------ but InI are RASTA ---new time and a new name and a new philosophy.

European's altered african myths and beliefs to fit their time - their reality ---- just as all people do

Rasta is taking Africa back

jah guides

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/17/2007 11:47:31 PM

My Lord...

Not every Christian, and certainly not every African Christian is praising a white Christ, there are plenty of Black Christ icons. Moreover, while many African nations were colonized and then plagued by missionaries, Ethiopia found Christianity all on her own. Beginning with Empress Makeda, and the subsequent eternal protection of the Ark of the Covenant (Original Tabot), to the Ethiopian Eunuch who traveled to Jerusalem on His own ambition, inspiration, to bring Christ in word to Ethiopia forever more. When the I says that His Majesty is a Christian, what does that mean to the I as a Ras, for the meaning is critical.

Africa has always had her myths, Gods, and anything else imaginable, for Africa is the beginning of man and civilization period. Everything that the European brought back to Africa was something previously created in some way, and at the most, changed to fit European needs and or agendas. If the I does not see Christ as a fit for the I, then simply find the culture that does fit, but I fail to see His Majesty in the absence of Christ. Taking Africa back for the I is about removing the perversions brought by the European and anyone else for that matter, but just because Christian teaching was perverted, Ethiopia's Christain Glory is by no mean diluted.
Please elaborate on the I's thoughts, I see the I's vine and fig vibe, but I'm unable to see the new philosophy the I speaks of.

Selam

Oh, one more....What Native American worships Yahweh?

Messenger: still looking Sent: 4/18/2007 7:45:10 AM

First off ---much respect, and I agree Africa the cradle of civilization, but now we split.

you say, "If the I does not see Christ as a fit for the I, then simply find the culture that does fit" to which I say, "if the I finds Christ fit for the I, then call oneself a christian, not a Rasta"

There is absolutely no proof of a character by the name of jesus ever living but there is proof of Selassie I. The fact that he believed in the myth does not make the myth true - so i will not praise or look to a mythical figure for strength/wisdom/guidance ect.

The story evolved out of egypt, Africa to celebrate the birth of the Sun. all astrology stuff. Virgo -virgin / three stars - three wise men / capricorn, the stable of Augeus. then over time they took on humman characters.

those knocking on I door and approaching I in the street want to sell I the new version - the european version --- the version that has led to millions of deaths over the centuries --- the version that allowed Africa to be exploited and is still exploited to this day.
The version that gives us a bush and a mugabe ---- there is even evidence that Hitler was quite possibly a believer in the christ myth.

Selassie I no Myth

Christians tried to convert gandhi ----wha?

Christians say the Dalai Lama will burn in Hell unless he excepts the Myth of jesus ----wha?

As many people as there are there will probably be that many variations of religions -- some to greater or lesser degrees.

What does it mean you ask that Selassie I was a christian? (in his mind I will add) It means he was human --- not a myth ---and there are no myths in INI Rasta.

The philosophy that I am getting at is just that ---- It is time for a world of truths. no more lieing to the children -- no santa --- no god --- no next life just this life --- if the I is going to tell a child a myth then I do so explaining that it is a story simply to teach a lesson and to get one to think --- not a story that is historical. we all no why the tortoise beat the hare in the race - because it was persistent, but because we learn the lesson on why it won does not mean they ever actually raced.

Selassie I is no myth ----he is African and he stood strong because he was African.

When a christian accomplishes something, credit is given to christ the savior, but when they screw up the blame falls on them.

As a Rasta for I -- good or bad, it all falls on I. This is I life not some christ life. InI give all respect to the energy that flows through I. The same energy that has been here since the beginning of creation. The Energy that flows out of Africa. The same energy that is in all of us and all that is around us.

reasoning

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/18/2007 8:32:24 AM

Who are Rastafari?

The people that are called by HIS Name and Live by HIS Words

Some think they know better than I KING and they want to be called by HIS Name. Instead of Living by His Words, you dismiss Him by saying "he believed in the myth" ??
Fire
You go and look up to the stars...I will look to the One who created them

Everyday i learn that satan is no dummy..he so smart he uses your own Blackness against you

Keep looking my brethren

Messenger: still looking Sent: 4/18/2007 3:12:02 PM

Respect,

I do not dismiss HIM --- I give all credit to HIM. not to a christ.

the jesus story came after buddha ---- does the I call jesus buddah?

this is a new time and a new name and that name is Selassie I from Africa.

question ---- how do you get a color from words?

InI will keep looking, because the moment you think you have found --you are lost.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 4/18/2007 3:35:44 PM

So what do InI do when Selassie I calls HIMself a Christian, and encourages others to do so?

Respect

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/18/2007 6:33:54 PM

Still Looking.....for?

Please articulate an answer, to all of the I's question's. It just doesn't make sense to say that you Hail His Majesty, but the myth makes you sick to your stomach, and then acknowledge that His Majesty believes in the myth too. I mean why would the I dis the myth but uplift the man who believes in it?

I'm all for a world of truths, that's why I observe His Majesty, as fully as possible, I'm not trying to pick and choose, for if one wants the truth then one has to accept all facts.

I can't prove that Christ existed in a physical sense, but as a concept, at the very least, Christ is the most real thing ever. I am not His Majesty, but as an inspiration I can see that His Majesty embodies the full character of Christ, His Majesty is a human being, a man, and I am a man too. As men, humans (of course the Empress too) have full potential to rise to highest level of self, and to embody the full character of His Majesty just as He embodies the full character of Christ, in righteousness and morality.

There are strong Black African Leaders Kings Queens that could be the I's inspiration, but with each of them, one has to take them exactly as they are, if not then it is the I that is creating the myth...

Like I said before, there are perversions of Christianity, but then there are those clean ones, those really pure ones. The Bahatawi in the street screaming at the passer by to just clean up, because they know of the Christ potential that resides within themself,and they have the love to share, the Bahatawi in the forest who sees nothing but the almighty in His own self, and desires nothing from this material world. These men never had Christ forced on them at gunpoint, it grew from wihtin. Like the I said there will be greater or lessor variations of religions, in Rastafari the greater variation of Christian religion has led to an infinite spirituality, free of perversion with all veils lifted, no more preacher in a pulpit dictating your life.

Forget those that come in Christ's name and do evil, for surely the I has heard of wolves in sheep's clothing. Moreover, if the I is so bothered by Christ then find something better to apply to the I self. But I still fail to see how the I is separating the Christ from Rastafari.

SELAM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/18/2007 8:01:00 PM

"this is a new time and a new name"
I think your own words might be trying to tell you something

Brethren dont go around the point, to try and dismiss what King Selassie I stands for,True Christ Livity,as a myth is to try and dismiss Him.
How i see it.

Just because some have used the Truth for their evil purposes, still doesnt make it anything less than the Truth

Selassie I Liveth
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/19/2007 12:38:05 AM

still looking, you said
--------------------------------
Rastafari is Africa's ----- Selassie I is Africa's ------Mandela Is Africa's -------Why water them down to european's Christianity"

Christ wasn't a christian ----- he probably was a buddhist ----InI know Selassie was a christian ------ but InI are RASTA ---new time and a new name and a new philosophy.
--------------------------------

Joseph Hill of Culture sings in one song "Jah alone a Christian"

Christ is a Christian, Selassie I is a Christian, but many people who call themselves christian are not Christian. People often call themselves after somebody else, but refuse to Live by the example. Just as many today are now doing about RasTafarI. They say they are RasTafarI, but refuse the teachings of His Majesty.

So don't look at Christian based on the ways of the liars that say they are Christians, but are not. Look at Christian based on what it is, the example of Christ.

In the same way, don't look at RasTafarI based on the ways of the liars that say they are RasTafarI, but are not. Look at RasTafarI based on what it is, the example of RasTafarI.

And if you consider the example of RasTafarI, the last two paragraphs I have said are redundant, because they say the exact same thing.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: J_72 Sent: 4/19/2007 1:13:20 AM

With all due respect Ras Ark I, Yshua was a Jew, not a Christian.

Peace

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I