Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1827&start_row=21

why all this christ talk?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/23/2007 12:44:30 AM

RasTafari, Christian, Israelite, I don't see a difference between those movements. All have the same teachings, and all have people that refuse the teachings and have to be reminded of them again, only so that they can refuse it again.

The teachings were taught in the beginning, and people soon left them. Moses and other prophets reminded the Israelites of the teachings again, and people soon left them. Jesus Christ reminded the Israelites and others the teachings again, and people soon left them. Haile Selassie I reminded all of the teachings again, and people soon left them.

If I and I say that we look to Selassie I for the teachings, because Selassie I is here and now and real. One of the many subjects Selassie I teaches I and I about is Jesus Christ and the Israelites.

And also, the way of Life Selassie I taught is the same way of Life that Jesus Christ taught.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/23/2007 7:21:24 AM

Give Thanks Still Looking....

I think I finally see where the I is coming from, and while I do not really understand why the I chooses to view things as such, it is as you said...a matter of free will, fair enough. I do understand that views like the kid in Zimbabwe are sad and your reasons for feeling repelled by that kind of mentality are fully justified. however...

When I look to His Majesty as a Man in the here and now(not a myth) I see a Man who bases His life on the concept of that myth, who went out of His way to promote it the world over, His Majesty brings Christ to the here and now and makes the teachings real, and by His own bloodline He makes Christ ever more real. If the I asked I on the street, Do you know of His Majesty, I would say YES. My yes is merely based on years of studying this Man through the books, personal application, and that which just comes through nature, and I must say that I still don't see how studying this Man does not bring Christ into the picture.

But to each their own, I'm glad that the I doesn't look to the sky for jeebus to come and save you. But here on Earth there's a lot to overstand, and the I will have a lot of questions coming still. I would like to focus on the similarity as well, but to find it we have to ask some questions first.

Raspect
Selam

Messenger: still looking Sent: 4/23/2007 3:12:41 PM

Seen -

much respect

glad InI could come to a peaceful place

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I