Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1799&start_row=1

Some questions about the Rastafari movement

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Carl Sent: 3/26/2007 8:24:52 AM

Hello
My name is Carl and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I’m doing a project in school about the Rastafari movement but there aren’t many books about Rastafari in Sweden and the Internet is not always reliable. I therefore would appreciate very much if you could answer a few questions that I have:
1. Are black people more valuable than white according to the Rastafari movement and has the opinion on this question changed during the history of the Rastafari movement?
2. Can white people reach Zion?
3. Has the preaching of the Rastafari movement changed during the 20th century?
/Carl

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 3/26/2007 2:04:01 PM

Hello
My name is Carl and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I[] doing a project in school about the Rastafari movement but there aren[] many books about Rastafari in Sweden and the Internet is not always reliable. I therefore would appreciate very much if you could answer a few questions that I have:1. Are black people more valuable than white according to the Rastafari movement and has the opinion on this question changed during the history of the Rastafari movement?
2. Can white people reach Zion?
3. Has the preaching of the Rastafari movement changed during the 20th century?
/Carl

Hi Carl.Sure I am no expert in Rastafari but with JAH gudiding im sure i could answer your questions.

----1Are black people more valuable than white according to the Rastafari movement and has the opinion on this question changed during the history of the Rastafari movement?

1)Most people,especially whites,but black peolple also,trip up on this one and turn home.Orginally in Rasta,The people who were developing our young religion,Most people flooded in with the chance to send black supremacy amidst our ranks,which I think,was purely developed from the anger which they recieved through the white man mistreating him.Being as jamaica is so close to america,when the white americans went to jamaica,they mistreated it and were VERY racist,(which you can tell the amerikkkans were racists back hen becasue of the campaigns martin luther king stood for)They thought the island their own and unfairly abused elders and black people in general,asking raist rhetorical questions and quoting the slave trade etc etc.Since then and mosy notably Haile Selassies speech on anti racism,and through the black rastafarians forgiving the ignorant americans(which didnt know better back then)through JAHsus love and JAHSelassies presence.Now,colour in rastafari doesnt matter as much more than eye colour does.Occasionally some black people wil try and stir up racial hatred now and again in forums but you must ignore these hypocrites for InI's both sakes.Babylon also no longer represents white people in general,but a system which is holding us ALL back(but mainly they hold black people back,as they are,generally,racists)

----2. Can white people reach Zion?

2)White people may preach Zion as freely as Black.Their are no differences.They are both of the human race and both are gods creations.do you think god is racist/? no hes not.I prefer the phrase:
God is colour blind.He sees no colour in man.

----3. Has the preaching of the Rastafari movement changed during the 20th century?

3)Well because the religion is barley 80,the doctrine is still being reviewed.But basic concepts remain:

-Haile Selassie is Divine,and was prophsied of in the Old Testament
-All man originated from Africa
-Ethiopia is heaven
-Babylon holds us back
-Jesus,Moses,Elijah,Haile Selassie and possibly other less recorded are all manifestions of that which is divine,the almighty,JAH.
-Dreadlocks and smoking the holy herb are not necceary to be rastaman
-Haile Selassie didnt die in the same way as we humans do,just like jesus.Sure they died a PHYSICAL DEATH but the spirit lives on,you get me?The bodys are but a vessel for our soul,like a car carries a person but isnt THE person.The car can break but the person doesnt.You undertand? they are of perfect flesh,perfect divine manifestation ofJAH spirit,and JAH spirit is in every breath we take.

Well thats it from me.I hope I have answered your questions in a full way for you.

Messenger: Carl Sent: 3/29/2007 1:56:31 PM

Thank you very much for your answers, they helped me a lot!

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I