Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1798&start_row=1

Rasta basics

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 3/25/2007 12:54:54 PM

Greetings all,Im new to Rastafari and the concepts and stuff so,if some questions may seem a little silly,bear with me.I just need a few things clarifying,if you would be so kind to help.

-Do rastas look to jesus for salvation and if so,what is haile selassies role pon the earth?

-What basic things should I be putting into practice in my everyday life to live as rasta as i can?

-What becomes of all the fire and brimstone judgement in the book of revelation,im getting a little confused on this topic,as some say it wont happen and some say it will and some say its all just symbolic/metaphorical

-Do rastafarians pray in a set way? i hear of things such as making your hands into a shape which represents a heart and spear(the instruments of peace and war)

-I need abit of biblical help proving to (mainly myself) that ethiopia is heaven on earth and the prophecies for selassie,as i heard there are definately some.

Thanks (Please dont think i am trying to intimidate you with these quesitons or back you into a corner,thats the last thing I want.Sometimes they make the best questions for beginners too.Thanks again)

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 3/25/2007 3:59:10 PM

Ises

You can't be new to a thing that is youself. I think that is the problem you face right now, all these questions come up, because you hurry. Let it go in its own natural speed and everything will reveal unto you step by step.

I n I are Israelites. So read your bible. You have to find out the prophecies for yourself. Educate yourself about history, presence and all kind of things. And then see if you yourself can see those things prophesied in your bible.

Because all your questions are very personal. I do not feel (and so should noone) to have the right to say THIS IS HOW IT IS AND NO OTHER WAY. I only can say, this is how JAH revealed it ONTO I.

For me Jesus is my Salvation not in the blood-and-sin churchical sense, but in the sense that Jesus is a part/manifestation of the almighty and thus the Almighty is my Salvation. JAH is my Salvation in every breath I take.

To my Overstanding Babylon is Satan Kingdom. It is obvious in this time that this western world order is going to break down. JAH say, those who take the sword shall be killed by the sword. Or as Stephen Marley once sang, don't blame it on the people but on the leaders who lead them.

Praying is talking with God. So if you talk to a friend, you won't need set rules how to do it. praying is the most personal thing. Praying is to realize you are the temple of the most high.

Ethiopia is Zion because this is where the Arc dwells. And we know that in this time the place of the Arc shall be revealed as Heaven.

Selah

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/25/2007 3:59:25 PM

Isiah Chapter 7 (talks of iyesus kristos), Isiah Chaper 9 (talks of ras tafari haile selassie). Rastas do look for iyesus kristos for salvation, listen to luciano song 'i will follow you'', every rasta has his/her own way on how they do things though. Selassie came in the glory and might of jah almighty, earths rightful ruler, only one found worthy

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 3/25/2007 4:24:51 PM

Yeah I heard that the ethiopian orthodox chuch carries the ark of the covenant.To my overstanding the EOC rejects rastafari as a whole,which is disrupting the balance factor a little.Anyway to get away from the negative,Does anyone else have some more suggestions/answers?

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/25/2007 4:37:24 PM

my mistake, the song is called ''he is my friend'' by luciano. as with ethiopians rejecting rastafari, a prophet is not without honor except from his own country, they rejected iyesus kristos at nazareth.

Messenger: Horus Sent: 3/25/2007 7:51:15 PM

Greetings!,

MessenJAHofGod wrote:

"Greetings all,Im new to Rastafari and the concepts and stuff so,if some questions may seem a little silly,bear with me.I just need a few things clarifying,if you would be so kind to help."

When you say you're "new" to Rastafari, are you expressing that you've always felt the truth that is Rastafari, (a gut feeling so to speak)and you're now pursuing that truth or is your being "new" to Rastafari the result of recent research and you feel this is an approach to creation that you would like to try. InI ask because there is a very significant difference between the two. Please elaborate!
Blessings!

Messenger: Horus Sent: 3/25/2007 7:55:26 PM

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 3/26/2007 1:06:48 PM

Well you could say that.It felt like finding home,you know?

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 3/26/2007 1:10:56 PM

You could say that.I felt like finding home,you know?

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 3/26/2007 1:11:17 PM

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I