Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1783&start_row=1

Those In Amerika Balancing life

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/11/2007 11:11:18 PM

greetings to all my brothers and sisters

i wanted to know how the I in amerika balance thier life. Work in amerika is no joke. In amerika you have to work to survive, unlike other places you can relax and work a little. but in amerika if you dont have money u cant live. what activity or stuff you do to free your mind from the fast pace life.for me is playing futbol (soccer), and attending reggae spots, and smoking herb with the I. and meditating on the holy words.

Stay Strong, i'mm off to my 3rd shift

iyesus kristos ras tafari

Messenger: inajahlove Sent: 3/12/2007 9:19:48 AM

For me, moving to a less expensive place to reside from CA, which was very hard to continue to live; especially as a single parent.

I am thinking of buying an RV and travelling a bit, staying in Florida, CA and the Southwest, teaching my son about the earth, it's rythyms, roadschooling and there is the ability to work at the RV sites in exchange for monthly rent (about $400 monthly in Florida) the sites include all utils, cable and wireless 'net usually.

where do you reside now?

peace--

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 3/13/2007 11:34:15 AM

to balance life in amerikkka, i chose to make a living by doing what I do naturally

Po Righteous Teacher

I don't make a lot of money, but I make enuf to pay my living expenses and I have enuf time off to spend time with my seeds

I get to nurture all the children in my community too

RSK

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/13/2007 8:02:33 PM

blessings
Ras Sistren what do you teach? i stay in midwest of amerika, ohio

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 3/13/2007 10:08:42 PM

middle school

everything but science
but life skills and knowledge of self while they sleeping in the district

the youths get it but the old heads who aint down, it goes right ova dey heads

Check out my page on myspace

http://www.myspace.com/Mz_Khamyl

Messenger: I'n'I mloyi Sent: 3/27/2007 4:38:46 AM

Is a good subject as I am plaaning to soend part of my life in Amerikkka, I am worrying how would life be there? will I be able to get Ital food as I do here in Afrika? will people there love and respect me? + + +....
Here in afrika the old stigma of ...I can't take you inna mi bus your hair will toych others... is ruling we are confused and decide to abandon this life, but being in amerikka for some time will make them respect me when i am back here.
I have to move there to keep a rasta soul alive.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/30/2007 12:16:22 AM

Young Lion, you said,
-----------------------
In amerika you have to work to survive, unlike other places you can relax and work a little.
-----------------------

Have you ever lived anywhere outside of America for a few years, providing for yourself? Don't imagine that you can go somewhere else and relax and work a little. If you do that you will likely have even less than you would get in america. Many countries in the world don't have welfare for people who don't work, so if you don't work to feed yourself you won't get fed.

People who do try to live with only a little work can do that for a certain amount of time, especially when they have family or friends helping them. But eventually they can no longer continue in that way and then they run into sufferation because they wasted the previous years not building up and preparing for the future. So when future becomes the present, they run around and still can't achieve anything.

Don't forget:
---------------------
cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
---------------------

This is our existence, because we daily refuse the Most High God. It is hard now and it has always been hard.

Some people in america think they can go somewhere else to have things easier and some people in other countries think they can go to america to have things easier. How wrong both people are, they usually find that out when they get to the other side and the grass isn't as green as it looked on the television or as green as they were told.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/30/2007 3:32:36 AM

well seen

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I