Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1769&start_row=1

Tested by Babylon........?

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Horus Sent: 2/26/2007 7:45:38 PM

Greetings!,
Does the I ever feel as though the I is being tested by babylon? InI asks because despite a most upful lifestyle(great diet and consistent exercise) An extremely positive,solutions oriented mindset, making concious conducive changes in people, places, and activities in my life, having great Ideas and working diligently to implement them, and above all maintaining conscious contact with the Most High! always giving "Thanks and Praise!" I can never make any progress financially.
By no means am I complaining about my life. Words can't describe how grateful InI am for my health and strength, for the beautiful spirits/loving relationships in my life, and how I continue to grow in the Truth/Light that is Rastafari. InI can say say sincerely that InI have no desire to trade places with anyone, no matter how famous, rich, whatever!
InI do feel extremely frustated, extremely tired with the financial aspect. I'm making conducive choices and taking action on those choices. The endeavors InI pursue are sound and well thought. InI know that it's not Jah's will for me struggle like this. Knowledge and Overstanding affirms that this is babylon testing InI, trying to break my spirit, trying to manipulate InI to "sell out!" become a pawn for the vulture, for the vampire.
InI know InI not alone in having this experience. Any reasoning regarding this is greatly Ippreciated.
Jah Strength, Guidance, and Protection!
Blessings!
Horus

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/26/2007 10:11:33 PM

Idren, you said,
-----------------------
Knowledge and Overstanding affirms that this is babylon testing InI, trying to break my spirit, trying to manipulate InI to "sell out!" become a pawn for the vulture, for the vampire.
-----------------------

I site it a little differently. I don't really see it as babylon directly testing anybody. The way I see it is that they have made a system that works well for people who join with them. And those that don't join have a harder time to accomplish things in their system. Babylon wants people to put their trust in them, not in the Most High.

Burning spear has a song where he speaks about the image of Marcus Garvey, he says:

----------------
Marcus Mosiah Garvey say: man who cannot get no work, should make work, make work, be creative, be creative
----------------

This doesn't just apply to people who can't find work, but it also applies to people who want better work then what they have. Figure out a way to make work. Search yourself until you find what you can do. And when you consider something, you must realize that just because you have a good idea, it doesn't mean that it will be successful. I am an Inventor, and many good ideas I have thought of don't make it farther then the paper, because when I consider the way people think and what people spend their money on, those ideas, although good, are not ideas that will sell enough. I instead look through I ideas and when I find something that will be good for selling, I put I concentration on that. The other good ideas can wait until I have enough money to spare that it will be alright if they aren't big sellers.

With Faith, all things are possible. Here is a story I posted before about when I found a new job in 2000.

---------------------------------------
I had a contract position for a year. When I contract ran out, I tried to get unemployment benefits, but I couldn't, because they told I that I was 14 hours short of their requirement to receive it.

I had saved some money while working, so I was able to live on this for 4 months while I looked for another job. Time passed and passed, but no job came. I never once thought to cut I locks because I made this choice and commitment to Jah. I brought this judgment on Iself, and I knew exactly what I was getting into before I started growing I locks, and the tribulation that would come, and what the commitment that I made meant. Everyone makes their personal commitment to Jah when they grow their locks. My commitment was for life and is for life.

When I money ran out after the 4 months, I got a job, without even going to an interview. I spoke with the person hiring on the phone on a Friday, and he gave I a little phone interview and then asked I if I wanted to start on Monday. Jah tested I until the end, and then he gave I a job. After a week at the job, I needed to get some money that I mother had in savings for I, to pay a months rent, because I had to pay the rent before I first paycheck, I was completely broke.

Faith in Jah is so powerful, don't look for an example to prove what Jah can do before you have Faith. Have Faith first, and then and only then will the examples be seen.
-----------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/26/2007 10:11:52 PM

Idren are tested in all areas. Whereas your stress point is finances, mine is emotional. I am no where I need to be financially but my faith says it is coming forth. As Idren we must remain faithful to the end to draw strength for each other. When I lQQk at your perseverence and the reverence given to the Most High I gain strength and extend the faith that tells me my finances are coming thru to my emotional state. That's how we become one. Call those things that appear not as though they were; it shall come to pass. HE is not a man that he should lie, nor the son of man that he should repent. So the promises are guaranteed. Know it and having done all, stand. Babylon can't test your faith because babylon aint in your equation. (Jah's word + your faith = SUCCESS)

ONE LUV

RSK

Messenger: Horus Sent: 2/27/2007 12:10:14 AM

Ark I expressed:

"The way I see it is that they have made a system that works well for people who join with them. And those that don't join have a harder time to accomplish things in their system.

""Marcus Mosiah Garvey say: man who cannot get no work, should make work, make work, be creative, be creative"

"And when you consider something, you must realize that just because you have a good idea, it doesn't mean that it will be successful."

Ras Sistren Khamyl expressed:

"Know it and having done all, stand. Babylon can't test your faith because babylon aint in your equation. (Jah's word + your faith = SUCCESS)"

InI agree wholeheartedly with the wIsdom Inherent in those statements. This is Insight that InI Know, Overstand and usually Infuse as InI trudge through babylon. Sometimes, especially during trying times, InI need to hear wisdom known and overstood from the hearts and minds of other faIthful. InI give thanks for the reaffirmation offered through your expressions, and am deeply Ippreciative for your taking time out of your day to read and respond to InI posting. Glory to Jah for guiding InI to this forum.
Blessings!

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 2/27/2007 12:54:53 AM

Yes JAH Gives Thanks
Many thanks, Ark I for the reasoning. The I Itinues to spread upliftment.
Praise JAH
RJ

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 2/27/2007 9:27:26 AM

Highah I

I feel that it depends on your profession. There are often people who think they have to learn some job which gets them much money, although they never like that job. Experience shows, that this Job mighty have got many people a lot of money... but if you do it without really living it, your work won't be worth the money you are thinking of.

That should mean, if you listen to your body, to your mind, your spirit, to your personality, one day everyone will exactly know what he is best for. And if you do that you will be naturally succesfull. I think suces is important... meaning succes in the way, that what you do should make sense and bring forward fruits. Money is justa part of that.

For example I myself personally will soon start working with my brother in the health and nutrition sector to finance my studies. I believe this will be a work I will like to do... at least for a while to pay my study fees... because it is something that makes sense to me, telling people about right and healthy living.
But of course there are jobs for which you could live and do it with your whole heart, but that profession just might not bring that much money. Then you have to see if you can afford such a "idealistic" job.

Haile I Bless
Selah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/27/2007 12:00:36 PM

I ovastand exactly what you mean: I teach whether I'm getting paid to do so or not, and I've been teaching in some capacity eva since I was 12 years old.

Now I'm a highly certificated professional educator who strives to uplift the youth by showing them how to direct their energy towards educating themselves and breaking the bondage of socialized conditioning.

If I get terminated from my position it won't matter because I'll keep teaching. I'll still live well because I'll be doing what Jah has blessed me to do (HE will provide)

RSK

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/21/2010 5:14:59 PM

Give Thanks for these Words of Wisdom, babylon doesn't directly test anyone, but they have created a system that works well for those who join with them. JAH is the One to Guide I and I through this Life.

Give Thanks for the Words of Marcus Garvey:

----------------
Marcus Mosiah Garvey say: man who cannot get no work, should make work, make work, be creative, be creative
----------------

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/21/2010 10:45:47 PM

Yes I, I and I Leaders have shown I and I the way. Haile Selassie I Teach I and I and Marcus Garvey Teach I and I. It is up to I and I to Learn.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I