Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1750&start_row=1

Free from sin

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/13/2007 11:05:28 PM

-----------------------
John 8:34
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
-----------------------

So as long as you commit a sin, you are a servant of sin, not a servant of the Creator.

Here are some reading from Romans 5 and 6.

------------------------------
20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
------------------------------

grace is much more abound because it is more powerful then sin and overcomes sin. Sin only reigns until the death of the sinful thoughts, but grace reigns through righteousness Iternally.

---------------------------------------------
1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
---------------------------------------------

The way I see this is that if a person is dead to sin, then they will not sin.

--------------------------------------------
7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

When the sinful thought is dead we are free from sin and no longer a slave, or servant to sin.

11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

To trod with grace and not be under the law, a person must stop their sins. As long as a person sins, they are under the law, but when a person stops their sins, they are no longer under the law, because their is no law against righteousness, there are only laws against sin.

15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

So who are you a servant of, the devil which promotes sin, or the Creator that promotes righteousness. Whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness

17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

A servant of righteousness doesn't sin, but a servant of sin does sin. And those that trod to be servants of righteousness and remove sin and have faith that the Most High will remove their sin, they will remove sin and become servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Those who refuse righteousness are servants to sin, those who refuse sin are servants of righteousness.

-------------------------------------------
21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Do you see who are the servants of God, it is those who are free from sin. Those that yield their members servants to righteousness unto holiness, not those that have yielded their members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity.

Here is something I wrote 5/26/2005

========================

I and I are to be One with Jah and One with Christ, not separate. But people would prefer to listen to the preacherman, or apostles, over the words of Christ. The sacrifice of Christ, was that he taught I and I Jah way, because he knew that he would have to sacrifice his body to teach I and I this, because he knew that babylon would crucify him for teaching the truth to the people. But he still showed I and I, he sacrificed himself for this. So when people forget his words and teachings, it is a disrespect to the sacrifice Christ gave in order to show I and I these words.

Christ said,
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

This is not a request, and Christ didn't say try to be so, but he said Be ye therefore perfect. And for people that think that the perfection is something less than this or that, Christ showed them, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. So this kind of perfection is the highest form of perfection there is.

Romans 3
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Some don't consider what he said above or the other things that he said to show the reality of righteousness, because they are so few in Paul's words. But some people do remember these words, but still don't require themselves to live in Jah way, they think that it will just happen one day when they die. But if people consider the words of Christ and read these words of Paul with Christ's teachings in mind, they will see the Truth. There is no law against righteousness, and if I and I are guided by Jah, then it is impossible to sin, so the law is of no effect for I and I. So by our choice, and the strength of Jah, I and I ways will be made perfect, because Jah will only guide I and I in perfection.

Galatians 5
13For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

I see this as saying when I and I walk in Jah Spirit, we will not sin

17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

So when I and I are led by the Spirit, I and I are not under the law because I and I are only walking in righteousness, because Jah Spirit would never guide I and I towards wickedness

Here are the works that are not of the Spirit. Laws do exist against these works, because they are sin

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The works of the flesh, which is called sin, include those things written above. It is not just the "big" sins like murder and others, but it also includes hatred, wrath, strife, envyings, drunkenness and revellings. So those that claim they are walking in the Spirit are only truly walking in the Spirit if they don't do these things. Otherwise, the most they could be doing is only partially walking in the Spirit.

Here are the fruits of the Spirit, which is called righteousness. No laws exist that are against these actions, so they are not under the law.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

So Christians have crucified the sinful part of theirself, and only walk in righteousness, because that is the only way Jah Spirit guides.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Selassie I also knew this, I have posted this before, but I will post it again.

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'.

Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

========================

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RAS NOSAJ Sent: 2/16/2007 10:07:45 AM

greetings to the I dem in the name of the most high..INI really believe that no man is prefect but of course each one knows right from wrong.Cause I think each breden is guilty of one sin which most I don't realize and it's in our thoughts the very thing we think about.INI tries each day to have a positive thinking cause I want to have a strong body and mind to do JAH works/give HIM thanks and praise.which each of the I dem fi a try do jus think about JAH and his wonders and wen di I dem sin which we all do jus look towards the almighty for forgiveness cause only GOD can forgives our sin.to all my bredens jus live good and good will follow you give thank to the most high JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/16/2007 5:06:17 PM

Ras Nosaj,

It is true that in order to defeat sin, I and I must remove it from our thoughts. I have some links I will post at the end of this reasoning, but first I will show you a reasoning I made before:

--------------------------------------------------------
For man, it is impossible to be perfect, but for Jah, nothing is impossible. So if I and I have faith in Jah, Jah will make I and I ways perfect. It is true that everyone falls short of the glory of Jah, if I and I look around, I and I can see that this is true. But this is the state of the world now and in the past, it is not a limit for I and I in the future, or even right now if I and I faith is strong enough. I and I can be perfect in Jah way, I and I just have to listen to Jah. Why does the I think that Christ said "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

He didn't tell I and I to be perfect because it is impossible, but he told I and I to be so because it is truly possible. Here are some examples of scripture of Christ that tell I and I to be so:

Perfect Livity (the link is at the end of this reasoning)

And to I, the word try contains too much doubt. I don't try, but I do. And if I don't do now, I will blaze more fire, until I ways are made straight. If a man has faith that his ways will never be perfect, then this is truth, it is impossible for this man to be perfect, because he says so. But if a man has faith in Jah, that his ways will be perfect, then this is truth, and he will become perfect, because this is his faith. I can't say I am perfect right now, because my mind is still not completely One with Jah, so I my thoughts are not perfect. But I will never say that it is impossible, because I know that if I do, then I will make it truth and I will die in sin. And no sin shall not enter into Zion.

Look at the power of faith. Some people had faith that they would be healed if Christ touched them, and they were healed. Christ showed them that "your faith has healed you". Some people had faith that they would be healed if they only touched the clothes of Christ, and they were healed. And one man had faith that Christ could heal his servant from across the city, without even seeing the servant, and the servant was healed. Christ said of this man:

Luke 7
9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

With faith all things are possible, it is only through lack of faith that I and I limit ourself.

And I don't see Babylon dealing with perfection at all, they deal with wickedness. Babylon teaches that all we have to do is ask forgiveness, and we are free from sin, and accepted by Jah. But I and I must repent, and repent is not about asking for forgiveness, repent is about turning away from sin, to live a different way. This is the meaning of the word repent.

Trod toward Jah, and be One,
--------------------------------------------------------

Temptation

Livity

Perfect Livity

Fire is Good

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 2/21/2007 1:21:42 PM

"Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by Him.

It is quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes, we do commit sins but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have forgiveness from the Almighty."
- Selassie 1st

Heb.4
[14] Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
[15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
[16] Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/21/2007 1:55:30 PM

As I mentioned above, it is true that we all fall short of grace, or in other words, it is true that we all sin. But that doesn't mean that it must be this way, that is only the present condition.

Selassie I also say:

----------------------------------
When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.
----------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 2/21/2007 2:17:29 PM

Yes, I see it as we ourself but also Satan, his followers and the world often limit this power and blessings that are available. But as you said, it is the present condition. I believe things to become different at the closing of this age and has to do with the Bride of the Lamb being ready, if I am not mistaken.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/21/2007 3:24:29 PM

It trully amazes me how unwilling humanity is to attain perfection, even to the point of refusing to accept the possibility, and yet Jesus the Christ was a man who walked the Earth in flesh. It is the greatest achivement of darkness to have convinced humanity that it is blasphemy to be equal to Jesus the Christ. To convine humanity to never speak of oneness with the Christ Spirit, to never attain perfection in life but to rather wait for death or the end of time itself. How the wailing and moaning will persist when humanity realizes they have missed their chance once the other side is reached and they have yet to attain enlightenment because they were expecting it to be given to them. What does one say to God when they are told they've had millenia to achive greatness and they were waiting for some second comming to begin ascending.
Read Revelation again, closely and see how long you have to achive enlightenment, realize that time is running out for everybody, not just the wicked. Those who sit on their hands and refuse to choose a side will suffer the same fate as those who choose wickedness and abomination.

Blessings to you Ark I, you cannot shine light into the eyes of those who refuse to open them. They will see in darkness just as you see in light, seen.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/21/2007 3:45:56 PM

"to be equal to Jesus the Christ." ,is a totally different thing from , " oneness with the Christ Spirit,"
The first is the very definition of blasphemy

"Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God." This is truth.

" they have yet to attain enlightenment because they were expecting it to be given to them."
Pity on those who are still waiting for it has already been given to them. "If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth."

Selassie I Liveth
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/21/2007 4:02:16 PM

It is the greatest achivement of darkness to have convinced humanity that it is blasphemy to be equal to Jesus the Christ.

"to be equal to Jesus the Christ." ,is a totally different thing from , " oneness with the Christ Spirit,"

...see...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/21/2007 4:48:24 PM

Nzingha, you said
------------------------
It is the greatest achivement of darkness to have convinced humanity that it is blasphemy to be equal to Jesus the Christ. To convine humanity to never speak of oneness with the Christ Spirit, to never attain perfection in life but to rather wait for death or the end of time itself.
------------------------

How true that is. The beast is laughing at humans because of it.

KebraAB, you said
----------------------
----------------------

Do you consider Jesus Christ to be equal with God?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I