Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1749&start_row=31

Rastafari and Environment

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 2/16/2007 5:37:49 PM

Ises Beloved

Seen Ark I. I get the I's point. And this is the point that logic always brings me to. It's just because in the last time, like I already mentioned, I am learning about MOVE and their radical rejection of all pollution.

Still I would highly apprecilove if the I would say some words about my question, about the world runnings after Babylon downstruction.

Criefader, how old are you? You sound like something like 14, naive like a baby. I mean you go around and pretend you ever believed in Haile Selassie I or whatever. But when listening to you, I n I can see you have ZERO basic knowledge. So how could you believe in anything you do not know nothing about? That is childish foolishness. Some one telling me he believed in Selassie I and talking about JAH Rastafari or whatever, and then not knowing ANYTHING about the man Haile Selassie I is just not worth wasting any further time on, you get that? Go on pretending and playing different roles if you like,I n I deal with reality and have no times for playing.

Selah

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 2/16/2007 6:30:30 PM

dominiq: you know nothing about me
or my knowledge if u did u would not say such things
perhaps it is u that r playing

now good fking bye!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/16/2007 9:34:26 PM

Ises

Do we really have to equate babylon destrucion with the destruction of industry
perhaps im wrong but this what i thought Bro Dominiq implied, if so, i have to disagree. there are many countries around the world, around europe, i can mention Sweden since i know it well, that are very conscious of their environment, that do everything possible to minimize pollution,recycle everything,protect their wildlife and preserve their natural habitats.And their industries are running same as everyone else.
Bro, i think its a mistake to view the actions of HIM as following to "group pressure" as u say, and to answer your question, yes i believe HE would still have done the same things. He didnt do the things HE did because HE had to, HE did them because thats what was supposed to be done.
Seen, all aspects of life are intertwined, its important to realise this. So ini cant look at this on its own. We have to remember also how HIM stressed on education and agriculture. And thats the whole point. Thats what mankind is supposed to do.We are supposed to progress, not go backwards. We are supposed to go to school, learn how best to use the tools available to use, to learn about our environment, how to control it, how to preserve it and not to harm it
If I myself had not had the education that HIM made possible to all ini Ethiopians, we probably wouldnt even be having this discussion about the pros and cons of industry.

Rastafari IS

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/16/2007 9:38:27 PM

YehYah,

I haven't received a vision of what will be after the downfall of babylon, so all I can do is speculate. And I would rather not speculate, because it will just be imagination. So instead of speculation, I will just speak of possibilities. Revelation makes it sound like things will be completely different and our existance will be very spiritual, as if I and I will trod as energy. But some look at the times after babylon to be similar to the times right now, just without the evil and without the downpression of babylon. So if it is this way, maybe technology will be no more, or maybe technology will continue but not be poisonous or destructive. I don't know either wayu.

I sometimes wonder if people have the second idea of Life continuing somewhat similar to the way it is now because they can't believe that Life can forward in a completely different way then our physical existance. But when I see the greatness that Jah has already shown I, and the greatness Jah has shown others in the past, I can't doubt any possibility, no matter how strange or different it sounds from what I am used to. Jah RasTafarI is the Most High and Creator of all, there are no bounds to what Jah can do.

The only thing I know for sure is how I and I are supposed to Live right now, and this is I concentration. I will trust in the Most High and accept the future Jah will bring.

One thing you said,
------------------------------
I cannot imagine that HIM put so much efforts in progress, knowing that endtime soon will stop all this progress anyway.
------------------------------

How soon is soon? 10 years, 50 years, 100 years, 300 years or more?

People are always hoping for better times to come and want them to come right away, but it is hard for man to know when this time will come. What is soon for the Most High may seem like a long time for us.

Our day is based on a small rock in the universe spinning all the way around, and our year is based on that small rock circling a small fire ball. The whole Universe belongs to the Most High.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 2/17/2007 10:32:27 AM

Ises Iyah

Give Thanks for the Reasoning. I pretty much agree with Ras Kebre Ab. Studying His Majesty's works I cannot come to a different conclusion. And I do not know how long it will take for Babylon to fall, but reading Rev I do not believe it will take 300 years. And if... it will be even in 1000 Years that His Majesty's works will still have a big impact on everything.

Criefader, all I know is that you do not even know anything about HIM relations and family. So what do you know about that MAN or Ithiopian history, if you SERIOUSLY ask if ever anyone prooved HIM blood to be from David?
Don't get me wrong, I am not against asking questions, and there are no silly questions, of course. But if I had so less knowledge on a topic, I wouldn't behave like you do (in this thread).

Selah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/17/2007 1:00:21 PM

It often takes an abundance of the wrong thing to force the average person into the right thing. Just as the body must often make itself "sick" in order to heal. Too often people assume that what is not "good" must be "evil" and that God has no dominion over these things. Without the darkness the light cannot be percieved. Without the rain the flowers cannot grow, without fire there is no life, without wind there is no flight. For every thing there is a reason.
Time is an illusion based on the passage of light through the universe. Time is the fourth dimension, we live in the third. If we could make a (excuse the cliche) quantum leap to the fourth dimension we would realize that time is not linear or circular it is infinate and therefore doubles over on itself in a constant loop (figure 8), so when one things ends another thing automatically begins.
A change of conscious on a mass level can change any one thing into another thing. The law of attraction says that by your word you make law. Word Sound Power. Be careful what you say as you may have to live with your comments for eternity.

"What you do to the Earth, you do to yourself. When you upset the delicate balance of nature you lower you own chances of survival. You ARE nature, you are not a seperate being who lives amongst nature, you are a part of nature. You are made up of the same elements, you have the same heart beat/rhythm, and you were created by the same God, there is no difference between you and the ocean or the sun or a bird or a butterfly. If you look at Earth from the Moon you don't see nature and humans, you see one planet, just as when you see the Moon from Earth.
It is not some choice that you get to make as a superior being who can decide the fate of the world, it is a choice that must be made if one wishes to not go extinct. It doesn't matter who Jesus was/is, who Haile Selassie I is/was or for that matter when/if Jesus will come again, it only matters what you do every moment of every day. In the end the only thing that will ever matter is if you can forgive yourself for the life you lead/lived, and if you can live with your own actions. Eternity is a long time to be alone if you don't like yourself, and nothing is worse that having nothing but your own thoughts to comfort you in the naked abyss. I don't care what you choose to believe, nobody can save you if you won't save yourself."

(I will continue to break down my original statment as each piece becomes relevant in the conversation because it is important that short-sighted people learn to hold their disrespect, and their tongues, until the purpose becomes clear)

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/17/2007 7:40:46 PM

Empress
Excuse I, but i would like to ask you a question. I almost expect that the answer will be something like "I dont accept labels" but i would be grateful for a simple direct reply. Are you a Rastafari?
I know these days there are many "definitions" of what rasta is but i ask of the first and basic concept of "Emperor Selassie is InI God and King"
I feel this is a little strange to ask of someone in a public forum but its the only place i could ask...so if you feel in anyway offended or anything, feel free to tell i to shut up

Bless

Rastafari Is

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/18/2007 10:22:07 AM

My father was a Rasta before I was born, I was raised Rasta, I am still Rasta.
I also follow Marcus Garvey (I was actually named after him, my middle name is Garvesther).
I am also a follower of Kemetic magic.
I was baptised Moravian and raised Presbyterian (by my two grandmothers)
My mother is a yoga and Tai Chi teacher who is also a priest in the order of Melchesideck (I'm not going to argue the validity of this again so please don't question me, thank you)
The love of my life is a Baptist.
I don't believe in organized religion, but I believe that whatever works for you (leads you to the Christ spirit) is a good thing. I believe in repartriatian over reperations (how can you pay back the decendents of people so brutilized and opressed, money is not enough). I believe that if you take in enough information the truth becomes blatanly obvious, every prophet ever said baisicly the same thing, who am I to disagree. I believe that the universe is too large to ignore, this planet is only a speck and I am a dot on it. I believe that all things are one thing, if you could get a God's eye view it would all make sense. I believe that God speaks to anyone who will listen and therefore every book has the potential to be holy because the Word is bigger than language.
Having said that, I've been growing my locks for 8 years, I don't consume flesh, I don't drink alcohol, I smoke herb (in moderation), I pray. I am vice president of a wholistic healing center owned by my mother and located in a converted barn. We strive to leave the smallest footprint possible while simoultainiously creating the greatest impact on society. We belong to the community exchange time dollar bank and we strive to buy local and support local produce, art and the like.
So to answer your question, yes I am a Rastafari, but that's not the only thing that I am or for that matter that I strive to be. However, although Emperor Selassie is my king but God is my only God. I can recognize the Christ Spirit in many things and I believe that God is in everything that every could exist but I refuse to believe that any one person could be the one and only God.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/18/2007 11:03:05 AM

To Empress Nzinga

I too was raised Presbyterian (my family has a lineage of graduates from Presbyterian colleges in the south that dates back to pre emancipation)

Environment socially conditioned me in such a fashion that my knowledge of who I am was concealed for years.

I am a student of Marcus Garvey as well as H.I.M. and Empress Menen

I believe I am rasta from creation; I don't belong to any denomination at this time, however, I am comfortable in the Seventh Day Adventist experience because many of the principles they are teaching are crucial to I lifestyle (diet and nutrition/keeping the sabbath/etc.)

Jah Bless

RSK

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/18/2007 3:10:24 PM

Give thanks for your candid response Empress...it is appreciloved

Bless
Rastafari Is

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I