Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1734&start_row=1

Best City for Rasta to live

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/31/2007 12:54:35 AM

bless up my people,
I find myself searching good city for a Rasta to be situated in here in the West. Babylon has polluted just about everything in the West but what are some tolerable good citys to situate in. I could easily go home to Ethiopia and smoke the herb and just chill, but i feel thats an easy way out for me, i'm too young for that. I n I have ambitions to accomplish and Occassions To Rise To, RISE AND BE GREAT. I feel I n I should be out there conquering, but times of cool down is a must. What do I n I think is good city to situate in for a Rasta in the West, with different opportunities, and where there is LIFE! not just working 8 hours and going home because thats how the environment/system is in that city. Toronto i see is popular, London? Miami? L.A? how about even South America citys. Any suggestions from I n I would help, amen

Messenger: Brethren Nicholas I Sent: 1/31/2007 10:41:08 AM

Gretings Iyah, Blessed Love Itinually

Im diggin the town and the Idren in the city I live in. Its very scenic in the right places and way Irie all the time.

I location in Indiana, not the coast but a blessed place. High
energy.

If the I searchin for more info, hail I up.

Guidance and Itection no matta where the I wishes to travel.

Haile I JAH RasTafarI!

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/31/2007 10:49:10 AM

It is not where we live, but how we live. I'm in St. Louis, Mizzery, by the rivers of babylon in a northern city in a southern state. The longer I trod, I find that I must change the tide of the river so to speak. There is much luv for Rasta in the midwest.

You can be a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean. That determines the climate you reside in. Will babylon puree you like a carrot in boiling water? If so, go home. Will you become firm on the outside, but done in internally? If so, a place where many rasta have visible presence should make you comfortable. Are you the type to change the water, like a coffee bean? If so, trod on. Every where you step will become holy ground.

Be blessed,

RSK

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 1/31/2007 1:45:44 PM

His Majesty set aside 500 acres of land for Africans in the diaspora to return home to Ithiopia... SHASHAMANE.

Agreed, the best place to live is in peace within yourself.

Ises.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/31/2007 2:06:03 PM

Ras Sistren Khamyl, you put it nice with the coffee bean, every place i step shall be holy, amen

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 2/2/2007 12:16:30 AM

I lived in Toronto for a while. There are many Rastas there, but all in all it is just like any other North American city- just a very strong multicultural vibe to the community. Right now I am residing in Saltspring Island, British Colombia. There is a very nice organic and permaculture scene. It is not densly populated like Toronto, but there are still a few Rastas. Lots of hippie people who tend to be tolerant towards like-minded mentalities.
I think the I should go where the I feels comfortable. I like it here on the West Coast of Canada but the I may feel differently. Do come check Canada. It is a beautiful country!
Peace and unity
JC

Messenger: JudgeDred Sent: 2/6/2007 11:19:11 AM

I feel you brotha on the South American movement. I've been thinking along those lines as well. Why not a whole South American country like Guyana. I think that Brothers like InI have to come with a Plan to actually get InI people seriously discussing and ready for such a move.

What do you think?

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 2/6/2007 2:07:27 PM

Ises

I think you approach it from the wrong point of view. It's not about what place is good to live in for a rasta... what counts is what place is good for YOU! All of I n I still are individuals with unity in diversity. Jah will guide you to the place where he wants and needs you to be there. We live in the places where we are needed for works to do.

But one thing: you should live somewhere you can have the biggest influence on the world.... coz that's for what I n I 144000 are sent. But you must be dynamical.... no place in the west suit to settle down... to have children and a garden with fence. I n I will have time for that after I n I Mission when I n I safe in I Fatherland Ithiopia. But even if you go to Ethiopia today you will have nuff works to do... to tidy I n I Fathers house.

No city could hold I for long... I have many different works to do at many different places. To chill out every city/place is cool where blessed people hang out. Of course I n I have to check from time to time for London coz it's the next Nyahbinghi House for me. Churchical order keeps I n I alive

Selah

Messenger: I'n'I mloyi Sent: 3/6/2007 5:24:20 AM

Inna Afrika is that City.
With Jah Messanger (Luciano) now he is calling himself Tanzanian, he had seen the beauty of Tanzania and other towns around. Soon we are expected to have Jah Messanger as our permanent neighbour.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 3/6/2007 10:25:42 AM

Earth is beautiful, everywhere! It is all Jah's creation, so I cannot say one place is better than another, Home is where the heart is, INSIDE. Babylon is all over, so it is just about how much involvement InI want with the system, and how much InI like to fight the system. It is also about weather fi sure, maybe the body of the I prefer cold and snow, or mountains or beaches and warmth etc....

I currently reside in Indianapolis, but will go back to SW Florida soon come this summer, where I lived for 9 years in the past, before that I man lived in Berlin City Buckow Town, big city but big Rasta Community too, good vibes there in a Berlin town. Personally, I man prefer the warmth of the caribbean so I will take my family back to Florida this summer.

NO matter where yo are, JAH is there so how can anywhere be a bad place with JAH by your side!!

Hail up di Lion!

Bergy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I