Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1726&start_row=1

Salutation of Peace/ Rasta Handsign Question

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Love n Inity Sent: 1/24/2007 3:15:18 PM

Greetings all Idren.
I am an Empress youth here in Amerikkka discovering the teachings and blessing of RastafarI, Empress Menen I, and Haile Selassie I; and I have a question regarding the salutation of peace hand sign that the Emperor (and many Rastas) are pictured doing.
I have read much about this sign's meaning, but I do not know how to do it properly, like which hands and finger are supposed to be placed where. I know that it is supposed to be much like triangle (star) with the I in the center, however I would be very thankful if a Ras or Empress with more knowledge of how to do this salutation properly would please explain. I would like to incorporate the Salutation during my Iditation. Thanks much.
Blessings

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/24/2007 6:14:51 PM

Blessings Empress,
If you watch the Lion of Judah documentary on Haile Selassie, when he returned from exile, after everyone bow down to him, top people from all over the world, bowing and shaking his hand, he rested his hand in that position just looking onto people, and when you put the points together, its the star, some say star of David, Kings David

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sizzla also

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/28/2007 12:29:16 PM

Ises

Just look to His Majesty. Is not that important how exactly.... you should symbol like the Magan Davidth does.... one pointin up the other down.... ONENESS INITY JAH MAN WOMBMAN ONE CREATION ORDER!

Selah

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I