Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1713&start_row=11

A question for Rasta

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/14/2007 11:47:56 PM

Tesfa Melakot, the Hope Messenger, keep bringing the message of hope to the blacks scattered in babylon about yesus kristos, because they are the ones in bondage. The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo are the founders of thier own faith! they know the roots they hold, which is evident in the ancient Ge'ez langauge they speak in the Holy church temples. Ethiopia is the only place in afrika where white man didnt succeed to introduce thier version of christianity. they dont even see it as really ''white art'' but rather as art reminding of thier faith, because they dont have that bondage in them, in the mind ''they are free from the white oppression I n I in babylon suffer from''.................................................... even i was at my grandfathers place thinking to myself i should switch all these iyesus white art and buy him ones of the black one, but what difference would it make, his mind is and has already been free from that WHITE DEVIL BONDAGE,they dont even think of that, so that white bondage you want to take from the ethiopian people minds who have the art in there houses and church temples, CANNOT be taken away...because its not there to begin with, but MUST be taking away for the ones scattered in babylon, bless Tesfa melakot and all I n I in this forum, keep the fire burning

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/15/2007 12:15:35 AM

People always miss Jah purpose for I and I. The purpose Jah has given I and I is Righteousness and Oneness with the Most High God.

In Ethiopia some of the painting in the church show Christ looking like a European and some show Christ looking like an Ethiopian. Selassie I is One with God and Selassie I is God, so Selassie I knows the purpose for I and I. Selassie I never speak against pictures of Christ that look Asian, African, European or any other view. Those kind of efforts and troditions is not I and I purpose.

So those who have a problem with Selassie I sitting in front of a picture of a white, black, yellow or any other colour Jesus should maybe consider another trodition. I and I don't have much time for vain efforts that produce no fruit.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tesfa Malakot Sent: 1/15/2007 11:32:16 AM

This is a reasoning and it should not be in vain. Because it purtains to selassie. Whoever over looks this is only closing their eyes to truth. Now I ask would rasta have a white jesus in their house? How can you just push my reasoning aside and say look for another trodition. Is this how rasta reason? the image is important because they create something in your minds. That is how babylon works. I can say golden arches and you know its babylon mc donalds. you see this is a issue that must be talked about not ignored. blind faith is telling me when rasta say look for another trodition. I am not saying selassie is not God. I am saying that this picture is pushing others to see a picture of white jesus. it is the enslavement of people. white jesus no matter where is found was created by the white supremacy world. And we cannot let the ethiopian people fall into this enslavement just because they don't know bondage. do you care about ethiopians? This is how white supremacy concord the world before. and we must bring this awareness to ethiopian people so they don't fall victim to what we black people have endured over 400 years. ark i you think my reasoning is foolish? in vein? then 30 years from now when all jesus in ethiopia is white painted then you will have to talk to Jah for letting enslavement of my african people. Selassie is Jah but this picture needs to be an issue for the next generation of rasta. also white jesus is micheal angelo painting. you want that in zion and not teach the people of our exeperience then it will be in your hands.

T MALAKOT

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/15/2007 3:10:17 PM

My Lord

Man.....

You ask why JAH is not behaving like man would? Why JAH is ABOVE all human thinking?

It is in THIS time that I n I Rasta live and die for I n I own Ivine BLACK Christ in Flesh because I n I stand for Righteousness in Salvation.... we stand for truth and rights.
But you really think... 2000 years ago when the world didn't yet know anything about Racism in the modern sense, JAH did care about if he come in white or black skin? You think JAH chose his people Israel by the colour of the skin?

It is only today, when we look BACK that we stand for historical truth. I n I hail BLACK BLACKER BLACKEST just because this is a historical fact. That's all. And we know why the white man turned around historical facts only to suit his devilish purposes of his race thinking. I n I is Black and Black is FIRST.
So WHO are we to deal with whiteman racism concerns? To fight duttyness I have to stick my hand into dirt? Noway man.... I n I fight the wrong through the right.

So what I try to express is, man must live up to human moral and best of conscience. So we stand for Life and Truth and Justice. But JAH is above all things.... he knows it anyway.... you think you can tell JAH how HE looked like? It is a human bizness to fight against human wrongs My Lord.

Of course we stand for the Black Christ like Selassie I stood for the Black Christ and God. And we know Ethiopian Tewahedo is not clean from that.... for they use portuguese image instead of the Black Nazarene. But if they can deal it and nah get fooled by it it's ok. I wouldn't like to see such things. But now you from Amerika want come over to I n I in Ethiopia and tell the Ancient priests their to change the ancient troditions..... WHO would be the colonizer THEN? There are more important wrongs in the EOC we should be aware of.

Marcus I said let the white man have his white god... so there are good white people who have their white god... and JAH is god of all human... so why shouldn't he let them have their god? Marcus say that... check it.... is natural we view JAH through human spectacles. But of course those who know of the truth know God is Black... just because that is a historical fact. If the Klan come turn it around I make sure I burn fire for each of them .... but if a white person who does not harm no one needs a white portray to get a better connection to it, I say leave him. People think in this black/white pattern.... would you try to stop an asian to paint an asian jesus? So let him do... and I n I in HIM know it anyway.

ONE BLACK GOD
Unity in Diversity
Selah

Messenger: Tesfa Malakot Sent: 1/15/2007 5:06:45 PM

of course its black. But you saying in ethiopia its tradition for a Abuna to have a white jesus in his church. No man. No exceptions. No white jesus anywhere a black man or woman stands. no where! No if this and that. In zion there can be no white jesus. So am I hearing a Bobo which mean black saying that it's okay to have a white jesus in zion? no man. No! We have to teach our people no matter where they location is.

T MALAKOT

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/15/2007 11:26:30 PM

Look into the words of Selassie I and see what He focuses on in His teachings. Selassie I teaches people how to uplift theirself Spiritually and Physically and trod as One with the Most High.

All paintings of Christ are the imagination of the painter because nobody knows what Christ looked like. I have seen paintings of Christ as an Asian, Indian, European, Ethiopian and various other African Nations. Some of the Black pictures of Christ look like Africans from a completely different part of Africa then where Christ lived. So which kind of African should Christ be painted like? There are many African Nations with many different kinds of faces. Many people paint pictures of Christ based on the people of their own ancestry. It gives them something to relate to. In most cases it is not done to fool people into thinking that Christ is Asian, Indian, European or something else.

The wicked that used a white image of Christ to fool other people are just the same as all wicked who look for any opportunity to bring forth their evil device.

It is one thing to speak against these wicked downpressors, but it is another to speak against people who had no such wicked intentions, but just painted the God they praise in their own image. Selassie I spoke against wickedness, not against Europeans. Selassie I didn't deal with partiality, righteousness is righteousness, and wickedness is wickedness no matter what the guise.

How do you think Selassie I managed to uplift so many Africans, guiding them to look into theirself and see the greatness within themself instead of looking to others? How did He manage to do this even though He has been seen with pictures of a white Jesus, and even though He didn't criticize the images of a white Jesus?

It is because Selassie I spent His time teaching people what things they can do to uplift themselves and their people and rise up and be independant, and teaching the people to open their eyes and to be strong.

And why did Christ spend his time teaching Righteousness and Oneness instead of spending his time teaching the people to hate the Romans?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/16/2007 9:36:45 AM

Tesfa Malakot, you miss the point.

MIND OVER MATTER
Selah

Messenger: I - Fyah Sent: 1/16/2007 7:04:05 PM

Greetings and blessed love to all in the name of the Most High, HIM Haile Selassi-I.
Do I and I forget that HIM is The King of Kings and The Lord of Lords, who lives and rules and reigns in the heart of ALL flesh??
By previous statements, do I and I reason that it is inappropriate for a white person to be accepting of a black yesus christ??
Idren have rightly pointed out that the artist will paint that which he can identify with, and that which his viewing public may identify with. most of these pictures were painted in the middle ages when most common people knew no better, they accepted what they were given without question.
In these days, few whites seriously subscribe to the idea of a blond haired, blue eyed christ.
And if HIM choose to sit before such a picture, I and I should not call his wisment into question.
Jah Guidance and Itection Itinually.
Selah.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/16/2007 9:11:27 PM

Give thanks for the picture though
cant believe i never seen this one
hope the idem stop concentrating on the pic behind and focus on the MAN in front

Rastafari Is

Messenger: LIFESEEDS Sent: 3/6/2007 3:13:23 PM

idol-an image or model of a god that is worshipped.

image-a drawing or picture or statue of something a copy or something very like another.

ex20:4
thou shalt not make unto thee ANY graven image or ANY likeness of ANTHING THAT IS IN HEAVEN ABOVE OR THAT IS IN THE EARTHEARTH BENEATH OR THAT IS IN THE WATER UNDER THE EARTH.

EX 20 5.
THOU SHALT NOT BOW DOWN THYSELF TO THEM NOR SERVE THEM. FOR I THE LORD THY GOD AM A JEALOUS GOD.

QUOTE FROM MOST HIGH JAH WORDS.

THIS SHOULD END THE AGRUEMENT AS TO WEATHER WE SHOULD HAVE A BLACK WHITE JESUS

NO IMAGE IS TO BE MADE . NO IMAGE IS TO WORSHIPPED.NON AT ALL.
THIS IS WHAT THE BABYLON SYSTEM .IE: SATAN WANTS. IS FOR US TO KEEP FIGHTING OVER BLACK OR WHITE...TO KEEP US SEPERATED.TOGETHER AS TRINITY WE ARE STRONG AND CAN OVERCOME THE BABYLON SYSTEM.NOT FIGHTING OVER WHAT COLOUR THE IMAGE OF GOD SHOULD BE BECAUSE THERE SHOULD BE NO IMAGE.

BROTHERS IF JAH APPEARS BEFORE YOU AS A WHITE WILL YOU STOP FOLLOW OR LOVE HIM LESS.
WHITE BROTHERS IF HE APPEARS BEFORE YOU BLACK WILL YOU STOP LOVING AND STOP FOLLOW HIM?

JAH IA JAH AND IS ABOVE THESE PETTY THINGS.SEPERATE YOURSELF FROM ALL FORMS OF THE BABYLON SYSTEM..FREE YOURSELF FROM THIS HATE OR U LET BABYLON WIN

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I