Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1680&start_row=1

what do you think??

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jah-soldier333 Sent: 12/5/2006 11:24:32 AM

Bretheren and Sistren I was just wondering on your views or beliefs of reading the old testament compared to the new testament. I have been talking in class about what the holy bible says and what to believe and i know what i believe but was just curious of what InI thought about this subject reasoning would help the I on I beliefs

peace and blessing to the most High
Jah Rastafari Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/6/2006 7:10:45 PM

Greetings.
The First Testament is more brutal and has less problem with killing.
The Second Testament is more peace and loving.

To be short about it.
Love to reason further about.

One

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/7/2006 12:06:33 AM

I see very little difference between the message in the old and new testament. The old testament spanned over a very long time, so of course there would be more killing an brutality.

The same love was there all the time. Although many people dealt with less love over time. Just as they continued during the days of Christ and afterwards.

Christ just reminded people about the way they are supposed to Live, and reminded people that to defeat sin they should remove it from their thoughts.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: jah-soldier333 Sent: 12/7/2006 10:30:36 AM

the I thanks I for your insight the reason i was wondering was beccause i was talkin to this girl about how the Ible says thou should not bring a blade upon his face or head and she was saying that in her religion that they only study the new testament because it was after Christ and that the old testament was over looked after the new testament was written any reasoning would be apreciated

Thanks and Iaises to the most high
Jah-Rastafari Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/7/2006 11:01:56 AM

Ises I

if anyone tells you to seperate the New from the Old testament tell them to read what Iyasus said in Matthew ch5.v17

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 12/7/2006 1:26:53 PM

Did not Christ Himself say, "I come to fulfill the law, not do away with it"?

RSK

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/7/2006 3:33:32 PM

Its really not uncommon for ones of Christian influence to pick up and run with the NT, and drop the OT.

An important thing to remember whn reading any book is that there is no such thing as bad information. And there is also much wisdom and inspiration to be found in both Testaments. Study them wisely.

Hotep!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/7/2006 5:05:38 PM

To turn to another subject, Your Imperial Majesty, are there any passages of the bible that have become especially meaningful to you?

H.I.M.: I have the highest respect for the Bible as a whole. We also recognise the rightful name the Bible bears. We find that in all the periods of the Old Testament, in the time of Patriarchs, Kings, and Prophets, great miracles were done. On the other hand, the time in which Our Lord HIM-self gave the command to go to all the world and to preach is also of high value. Then, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John,- the four gospels in which the sayings of our Lord are recorded- are pillars for all men on the earth. THEREFORE THE BIBLE SHOULD NOT BE CUT INTO PORTIONS.

Haile I Selassie I JAH

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I