Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1657&start_row=1

Bob Marley - the Light of the Trinity

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JudgeDred Sent: 11/5/2006 11:41:57 PM

What is the significance of the name Berhane Selassie (Light of the Trinity) given to Bob Marley when he was baptized by the Ethiopian Orthadox church?

As I seriously think about the life of Bob Marley and his role in spreading the message of Rastafari the title Light of the Trinity given him seems to be a revelation to me because it is through his music and his message that made it possible for I to see the Almighty Jehova God - through the Scriptures, Jesus Christ, and ultimately H.I.M. Haile Selassie I - in truth.

Scriptures coming from the Psalms of King David and others inspired by Jah lets InI know that InI King is God because God is king of the earth. Jah also tells InI to make melody to Him.

MAKE MELODY TO GOD, MAKE MELODY. MAKE MELODY TO OUR KING MAKE MELODY. FOR GOD IS THE KING OF ALL THE EARTH; MAKE MELODY, ACTING WITH DISCRETION. GOD HAS BECOME KING OVER THE NATIONS. GOD HAS TAKEN HIS SEAT UPON HIS HOLY THRONE. (Psalms 47:6-8)

similar passages can be found in Psalms 33; Psalms 149; Psalms 150

I believe that it is no coincedence that music (reggae music - entirely dedicated to His Majesty) is the way that many of us have seen the light of the King of Kings Jah Ras Tafari - specifically through Bob Marley

Blessed be Berhane Selassie.
One Love.

Messenger: zionI Sent: 11/6/2006 12:09:28 PM

Give Thanks Every Time.

Iman am a Bob Marley Ras Tafari and give thanks and Ises to the Almighty Jah Ras Tafari for guiding InI to HIM through the light shone through Prophet and Messenger Brother Bob Marley, Joseph of the 20th century.

His Love Idureth for Iver

Long Live Berhane Selassie the Ligth of the Trinity

JAH RAS TAFARI

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 11/6/2006 12:43:17 PM

Bless

What is a Bob Marley RastafarI?

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/6/2006 2:28:03 PM

A Bob Marley Rastafari? Please Jah help us.

Only on the internet...

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 11/6/2006 4:45:50 PM

Easy Dreanut, easy...

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/6/2006 7:55:04 PM

Well, I'm just curious. Mainly because Bob Marley was heavily influenced by other Rastafari Elders, especially in the music industry was Mortimo Planno. It was Mortimo Planno who instructed Bob to have the two heads of parties PNP and PLP come and join hands on stage. But according to Elder Planno as well as other elders, Bob doubted his ability to follow through with such a task, and I say naturally so. But it was Planno who brought him to his feet to do it. This is all documented in Roaring Lion: The Rise of Rastafari.

I'm not trying to subtract from Bobs inspiration and global influence, but I can't subtract from the efforts of those elders who helped Bob develop to what the world has come to know him as. And I just think that if one is claiming to be a Bob Marley Rastafari, should we also conclude that there is a Bob Marley Order? Why does one hear Bob Marley before the Word Rastafari? Bob Marley was also baptised in the EOC before he passed, is this a Bob Marley Rastafari?

This is a Black African Movement for freedom, reparations and repatriations to those Africans in the diaspora at home and abroad, not a Bob Marley tour bus. I'm not angry, just plainly stating. This is how Rastafari gets whitewashed.

Messenger: kc366 Sent: 11/6/2006 8:36:21 PM

Holy, Holy, Holy Blessed Lord God in 3

Correction: freedom, redemption, repatriation must precede reparations. For these events to initialize, the X world must undergo a genuine reconciliation process of 7, 9, 13 miles of sea worthy starliner vessels for the safe return home of all Royal Ethiopian sons and daughters of the most Hi G-d Jah RasTafarI

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 11/6/2006 10:39:35 PM

Blessed My lord

Berhane Selassie is the Prophet John Marcus Garvey I, the Light of the Trinity, the Black Christ is the Might of the Trinity and the King of Kings the Almighty God is the Power of the Trinity.
3 in 1 and 1 in 3. Prophet Priest and King, the First concept of unity in diversity is the Trinity. Light, Love and Life, Three existence of the same dimension,Marcus I is Light, Emmanuel I is Love and Selassie I is Life, yet all is one.

3 Loving Spirits that never disagree. There is a ancient murial of them in the churches in Ethiopia. Our Father manifest HIMSelf in 3 Celestial Temples, each with its distinct role, one in power and spirit.

I first the Repatriation Hail, this is the Rastaman only cry in this last judgment, Freedom Redemption Repatriation through Articles 1-30 of the UN Declaration of Human Rights, then reparations will come after, Man come publish the Black Man Bill of Rights which is the 5 Point Plan of the Black Christ, the Crowned Champion of Human Rights.
Africa must be free immediately, whether by man hand or by lightning and thunder, if no water we'll sail in the whitemen blood saith the Black Iam Holy Emmanuel I, Selassie I Jah Rastafari

This shows the folly that comes with the promotion of Reggae instead of Rastafari which show that all this myth of reggae being a vehicle for Jah message is FOLLY and LIE.
Bob Marly, Tosh and Sizzla n Capleton and their syndicate want to put themself higher than Jah, thats why you have many who worship them and Marley try put himself in the trinity
Death to the wicked unless they turn from them ways and take heed to Jah Rastafari word.
Watch how they will all perish to the depths of the seas, Babylon will bring them down with them.
Fire burn Bobmarley rasta and reggae rasta.Reggae only bring confusion and slavery.

I Culture is I Black Sovereignity.Black Supremacy in Righteousness of Salvation Stand, all fall, Hail the Black Christ Salvation,for no sin could enter in Zion.
Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 11/7/2006 12:09:34 AM

I personally would not burn artists like Marley and Tosh, who gave their lives to the cause. Tosh spoke out against the ruling government in Jamaica and was assasinated. They tried to kill Marley too. Brave men.
What have those who critisize these men done to stand up and fight Babylon?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/7/2006 12:25:53 AM

First off the Name Haile Selassie, means Power of the Trinity, not a part of the Trinity. Many people through Ethiopian history and tradition have this name. His Majesty is God because Hes God, not because of His name.

Berhane Selassie was a title given to Bob, not one he choose, but regardless who choose it, it does not imply now or then that Bob was intending to unionize himself with the trinity.

Reggae isn't evil, it has not spirit or conscious to make it so, but in the same breath its not good either. Its what you make it like most things in this world.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I