Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1650&start_row=1

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: nanahooter Sent: 10/19/2006 8:10:20 AM

greetings...

i play drums (kit) for a little highschool band in hawaii, we call ourselves "livity" but i cannot (and dont) claim to live as pure as that name suggests... basically we are all young and have much to learn I wrote the lyrics to our only recorded song... its called Stand Strong and i would love anyones input... please understand it is hard to balance school and the search for understanding Ras Tafar I so i expect that i have made many errors... here are the lyrics... below is a link to our myspace where the song is uploaded and can be heard, bless you all for your insight

Gm F D# F (key of Gm) fast

*verse1
as the sun rise
in the morning time
-
another day in babylon

wake up dread
theres things to do
go to school be a tool
for educated fools

keep ya chin up the time is near
keep strivin an fighten
till ya freedom come

*Chorus
I
Stand
Strong
on I path to zion yes
I
Stand
Strong
In i search for freedom

Freedom,
Freedom
Freedom
take I from dis land

Freedom
Freedom
-
To where it all began

*Verse2
Rise up rasta
let loose ya fiyah
burn dem down
before dem steal ya kultcha x2

(rap)
say Jerhicos walls came down in 7 days
look to the haitions dem a broke dem chains
stand strong against babylons rage
- revolution

*Chorus
*Bridge
Push I Down
Twist I around
Steal I Crown
Try an make me frown

Push i down
Twist i around
steal I crown
Till I freedom come

*Chorus/outro

www.myspace.com/rootsrevival

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 10/19/2006 8:43:27 AM

direct link

Ises

Congratulations Iyah, is a professional work you done there. Speaking as an artist and producer myself. Did you record it in a professional studio? And if I may ask, what are the recording costs over there inna Hawaii.... I mean you are a school band.

To talk about myspace... as I said I am an artist myself.... ranging from dub/rap poetry to conscious oldschool Hip Hop streetmusic. Due to lack of financial resources I've only managed till now to record in demo-quality. But somehow myspace worked against me by featuring my music. Seems as if straight rasta message is stil too hardcore.... as it shall be.

And also speaking as a painter/drawer myself, I must also say congratulations for your logo. But isn't there already a nyahbinghi band called livity in the usa?

forward the progress

Selah

Messenger: nanahooter Sent: 2/12/2007 6:39:38 AM

we recorded in a friends fathers studio.... we got lucky that way as we did not have to pay for recording time. it is my understanding that recording time is expensive here as it is on mainland and as for the name we couldent find anyone else with that name and we figured it didnt matter too much as we are never gonna be bigger then like our highschool so no one get too offended if there was another band w/ same name

thanks i appreciate your kind words good luck with the producing

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 2/12/2007 6:52:50 AM

kewl

Messenger: I'n'I mloyi Sent: 3/27/2007 4:22:14 AM

A beautiful song . it must have inspired many youth to a right direction. Even elders are reminded of there covenant with Ras Tafari.
Where you think you sounded wrong you are wrong, correct it in public and loudly for everyone to hear it.

Messenger: MacChrist Sent: 3/29/2007 9:19:11 AM

The words of the song are the concious thoughts that colmed my mind, when I was in high school amangst fools which were greater than me in educational skills. I had a big deficulty in school that its a miracle that I atleast made it to grade 11, but I'm thankful that I managed to inherit some knowledge from education. I am an artist aswell, and I'm about to record my second demo. I do rap music and all the people I've worked with say that I am a genious song writer. Your lyrics are so powerful, I'm sure that you would be great musians internationaly.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I