Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1642&start_row=111

Question for white skinned people who want to live in Africa.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 158
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 1/21/2008 7:35:21 PM

Greetings I n I
Is the I speaking of the Ethiopian Book of the Dead edited by W. Budge? If so, I found the preface to be questionable because he demonises the King Solomon's ring and the way in wich he writes of his relationship with Empress Makeda is a bit awkward to I. Perhaps at the time I read it I wasn't thinking of Budge writing from a White European background who might never have believed the line of Solomon to be that of the Ethiopian Christ King...
Its not what the I asked but I just thought I'd give i reading of the book the I referredto in the beginning.
Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras Mikael Iseedoor Sent: 1/23/2008 5:05:03 AM

"An Ethiopian Book of the Dead" a.k.a. "The Ethiopian Book of Life" a.k.a. "Bandlet of Righteousness" is an occult text, blending Christianity and paganism (!), so I'n'I don't find it recommendable for Rastas.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 1/23/2008 6:23:18 PM

Greetings...

Ten, in what way does the preface of the "Bandlet of Righteousness" demonize Negus Solomon? I used to have a copy with the preface, and remember having liked the preface very much, but I can't recall anything about Solomon, please refresh my memory. I gave my old copy away, and the one I own now has no preface. Regarding Wallis Budge, he is responsible for the english translation of the Kebre Negast, and this translation is most valuable to RasTafari people, so I for One give thanks to Budge for that. I must think that W. Budge did see some significance in the lineage of Solomon and Makeda as it translates to the Ethiopian KRST, since he spent some of his life's work in bringing forward to the english speaking world this great piece of History.

As far as the "Bandlet of Righteousness" is concerned, it is (in my humble opinion) of the utmost importance to the RasTafari massive. Christianity is birthed from "paganism" (a ridiculous word used to demonize legends of Inciency, so that Christianity could be promoted as literal and historical fact). His Majesty's lineage is not only limited to Solomon and Makeda, but goes much further to the first known Emperor of Ethiopia, Emperor Ori. Ori's reign was long before Christianity or Judaism existed, and when Christianity came to Ethiopia it is not as if there was no faith to begin with. The blending of Christianity and "paganism" was to make Christianity more palatable to Ethiopians who might find it odd to put new faces on the Ones they had always worshiped. The "paganism" of Incient Ethiopia is that of Sun and Moon worship replaced by Son and Mother worship, in fact One and the same. I personally feel close to the human qualities addressed to Our Cosmic family, and it is a great joy to see it detailed in the Bandlet of Righteousness. Very interesting, as well, is the extreme similarity of uses for a "Bandlet of Righteousness" and the Kemetian "Book of Coming Forth by Day", both are for protection and guidance in the next phases of life after that on Earth, and are definitely related in source. It is the "Bandlet of Righteousness" which is still preserved in Ethiopia today in its uses by many Ethiopians. The "magic" scroll is prepared by Debtarra, who are great scholars trained in Ethiopian Orthodox monastaries. His Majesty was most certainly aware of these practices, and as head of the EOC He certainly could have put an end to the "blending of Christianity and Paganism", but He did not, He did in fact do much to preserve the culture, Igziabier Ye Mas Gan.

It is an Ethiopian named Mikael who is credited with writing the first "Bandlet of Righteousness" which is known to contain the many names of Amlak. Perhaps St Sosimos and the Mikael who wrote the Bandlet of Righteousness are One and the same.

SELAM

Messenger: Ras Mikael Iseedoor Sent: 1/23/2008 6:59:51 PM

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 24/01/2008 12:23:18 AM
>>Perhaps St Sosimos and the Mikael who wrote the Bandlet of Righteousness are One and the same.<<

I've just found out that (St) Sosimos (or Zosimas)is also known as Bakhayla Mika'el. His work, which was used by Joseph Hibbert in his Ethiopian Coptic Church, is actually titled "The Book of the Mysteries of the Heavens and the Earth".

Description: "An apocalyptic work believed to have been revealed by the Archangel Gabriel in the 15th century, this edition of Budge's interpretation of this strange and complex work also includes an explanation of St. John's apocalyptic vision, discourses on the Godhead and the Trinity, and the birth of the Enoch, with a new foreword by R.A. Gilbert detailing why this is a must-read for students of the occult and Enochian magic."

English translation by E. A. Wallis Budge available at Alibris.com

Messenger: Shem Sent: 4/15/2011 3:00:05 PM

I would actually defend my friends and family there.
And fight, because duh, I've been there for a while, what gives them the right tell my friends and family to leave if I haven't done anything wrong?

FREEDOM!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/15/2011 10:31:23 PM

Yes, and like I said early in these Reasonings, it is because of people like you that I wrote this Reasoning.

------------------------------------------------
The reason I asked this question is because the downpressors that came to the Americas felt they were so important that they could just reap from another man's land and even worse, they felt they were so important that they could even murder and rape the First Nations people that were the original caretakers of this American land and they continue to downpress them to this day. And they felt they were so important that they could destroy so many African families and bring slaves to build and reap for them, so the Africans would give them the strength to take so much from this land they stole. But these same thieves don't seem to think that others should have this same right as theirs (not even those who they stole this land from), and they think that this land they stole now belongs to them (so they say, but RasTafarI knows who He assigned to have dominion over this land). The only kinds of people who they have given this thievery privilege to are people who bring them profit by downpressing and stealing another man's land, and they support these thieves with weapons, money and all kinds of things, as long as they continue to bring them profit.

These same thieves have also behaved the same way in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe. Murdering and downpressing any people who they were able, just so they can pile up more on top of plenty.

Many white people who have gone and in the future are going to Africa feel they have a right to another man's land and they freely admit that they will fight those who oppose their thievery and downpression. And many others who have gone and are going in the future, first through their naivety and lack of knowledge of theirself think that they will respect the other man and the other man's land, and initially they do. But after they get comfortable and have invested some years or decades in their "discovered" land and have aged and grown into the ways of their forefathers, they change their mind and are just as wicked as the admitted thieves and murderers I spoke about at the start of this paragraph.

History shows both these kinds of people over and over again, and prophesy shows more to come. It is not just white people who are like this, but this question I wrote is for white people.

Africa for the Africans.

Here are some reasoning I made in the past about this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
Africans were stolen from their land and their land was robbed and raped to a point where things are very hard now in Africa. Africans have been spread abroad and oppressed throughout the world. Africans have a right to their own nation and Babylon must stop abusing their nation and people.

I don't believe that any white man belongs in Africa, unless Africans as a whole invites that white man to join them. I am white, so I don't have the intention to go to live in Africa because it is not my continent, it belongs to the Africans.

Yes, it is true that everyone lived in Africa at some point. But the white man chose to leave Africa and populate other parts of the world a very long time ago.

I know some white people that feel repatriation belongs to them as well. But to I, this attitude looks too similar to something I have seen before. White people felt that they "discovered" the Americas, even though the First Nations people already lived there, and were farming the land for food. But these whites felt that it belonged to them and they had a right to be there, even more of a right then the First Nations.

So they killed the First Nations people, robbed and raped their land and then brought Africans over to build up another man's land for themselves.

-------------------------------------
So as Marcus Garvey say,
13 We believe in the freedom of Africa for the Negro people of the world, and by the principle of Europe for the Europeans and Asia for the Asiatics; we also demand Africa for the Africans at home and abroad.

14. We believe in the inherent right of the Negro to possess himself of Africa, and that his possession of same shall not be regarded as an infringement on any claim or purchase made by any race or nation.

15. We strongly condemn the cupidity of those nations of the world who, by open aggression or secret schemes, have seized the territories and inexhaustible natural wealth of Africa, and we place on record our most solemn determination to reclaim the treasures and possession of the vast continent of our forefathers.

16. We believe all men should live in peace one with the other, but when races and nations provoke the ire of other races and nations by attempting to infringe upon their rights, war becomes inevitable, and the attempt in any way to free one's self or protect one's rights or heritage becomes justifiable.

Full speech,
Declaration of Rights of the Negro Peoples
-------------------------------------

I know that times have changed and the dynamics of the world are different then they were 2000 years ago. I and I as a world people should learn to live in peace with eachother and be able to live in the same village with all different races, with equality. But it is not a right of the white man to live in Africa, it is a privilege that can only be granted by Africans.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

=================================================================

After some other reasonings in the forum, I Itinued to say,

Some people learn some of the ways of RasTafarI and learn the things that RasTafarI Idren and Sistren say, but they look past the reasons for the ways and the reasons for what is said.

RasTafarI people don't speak of Repatriation for Africans to Africa because they decided to pick Africa out of all the places of the world because Africa is some special place that people must go to.

RasTafarI people speak of Repatriation of Africans to Africa because Africa is the home of Africans. I and I are speaking for the Ones that were taken away from Africa and used as Slaves in the West. I and I are speaking of returning a people to the Home they were taken from.

The role of all RasTafarI people(of all colour) is to Live by the example of Jah RasTafarI. I and I are also the Ones sent to Chant and Rise in the Spiritual heights and perform the works of the seals opened by RasTafarI. I and I are also the Ones who speak and chant for Repatriation of Africans to Africa. I and I also speak and chant in support of all the downpressed in the world and speak and chant against all the downpressors. One example is that I and I don't speak about the First Nations(Indian) people being Repatriated to Africa. I and I speak and chant for the First Nations people to have the control of their land (North America) returned to them.

The example that Fiyahbun said about people setting up a tent on your property is a good example. How many of the people on this forum who own property would allow this "because the person setting up the tent has a right to live anywhere"? And some of the people who don't own property but live on their parent's property may not be able to give an honest answer to this question because some people are more generous about things that belong to others (ie. parents). But their sound changes when they are the ones that worked 5 or more days a week to pay for the property.

And to put it in perspective, the original people of a country have worked for centuries to take care of their country.

Here is a little something Selassie I spoke about respecting frontiers.

Accept Frontiers

At Addis Ababa enough was said to demonstrate beyond doubt that Africans are virtually unanimous in their agreement that only by acceptance of the frontiers bequeathed to them by the colonialists can permanent peace reign on our continent. The principle of respect for the territorial integrity of states is repeated in the OAU's Charter no less than three times, and it is only for us to observe it as scrupulously as it deserves. Ethiopia supports this view, although she herself suffered no less than others from the depredations of the imperialists.

We must, however, go still further. The Charter has accurately and adequately defined the principles to which we have pledged our adherence. Africans, however, like all other peoples possess not only virtues but weaknesses and it is perhaps inevitable that differences will arise among us from time to time. Just as Africa, as a single entity, and the several African states individually toil for the peaceful settlement of disputes among states, so must we ensure that disputes in Africa are settled peacefully. If our continent is not free of internecine strife, how can we hope to influence others whose disputes endanger the peace of the world?

In like manner, the Charter's signatories have declared their adherence to the complementary principle of non-interference in the internal affairs of other states and this principle, too, must be rigidly observed if conflict between Africans are to be avoided. It is all too often under the guise of territorial disputes and through the medium of subversive activity directed against legitimate governments that the foreign influences which we seek to bar from our continent endeavour to exert their power and establish for themselves a foothold from which to expand their activities. We must guard against the insidious substitution of one form of dominance and rule for another; we must be vigilant to inhibit the growth of what is called neo-colonialism.

O.A.U. Summit, Cairo

When Selassie I said, "the foreign influences which we seek to bar from our continent" He wasn't speaking about not allowing any foreigners into the country, his example of working with people of other countries and accepting foreigners into Ethiopia shows this. But he was speaking against foreigners influencing the movements of Ethiopia in ways not permitted by Ethiopia. Selassie I had immigration laws and He never allowed anybody to become an Ethiopian citizen just because they wanted to. They had to be given permission.

--------------------------------------
Reasoning written in Rasta Nick's Forum
--------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 6/6/2012 6:26:47 PM

ALL WHITES MUST COME OUT OF AFRICA BECAUSE AFRICA IS FOR THE BLACK WORLD AND EUROPE FOR THE WHITE WORLD
SEH DI BLACK CHRIST KING IMMANUEL THE 7 ADONIE GOD JAH RASTAFAR

BIESSED LOVE FOR DI WORD SOUND AND POWER
MOST HIGH SELASSIE I JAHOVIA JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/6/2012 11:27:06 PM

selah.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/7/2012 10:03:15 PM

The whole world is Africa.

The earth used to be one land, the Teutonic plates moves and made 7 continents.

I move where Jah wills. Color or race doesnt decide your place, Jah does.

Moses was an Israelite and Prince of Egypt, And pronounced all captives be set free, jew and Gentile, Selassie proclaimed justice and freedom for Africans and all people, for humans are as African tef, a grain that originated in Ethiopia.

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 6/8/2012 12:45:05 PM

I AM AWARE THAT ALL COME FROM AFRICA
MARQUS GARVEY SEH AFRICA FOR THE AFRICAN
NOT AFRICA FOR THE EUROPEAN AND THE INDIAN AND THE ASIAN
EVERY MAN UNDER THERE OWN VINE AND FIG TREE
WHEN DID IT COME AN IDEA THAT ALL NATIONS SHOULD COME TO AFRICA
THIS IS NOT WHAT MARQUS SEH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 158

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I