Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1621&start_row=1

INI NED CITATION WHY RASTAS DO NOT FAST THE ISLAMIC RAMADAN?

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NESTASISTA Sent: 9/25/2006 5:48:38 PM

After 13 years of Islam, I am fed-up and want to convert to Rastafari.

What to say when I get asked why I am not fasting? Medically, I cannot as I am suffering internal illnesses--but still, want to know why Rasta does not.

Peace.

Jah Love.

NESTASISTA

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/26/2006 9:24:36 AM

Ises

I am not familiar with Islamic fasting customs. Personally, I do not fast at any special day, because I think it is a man-made conception to live one day better than another. So how you feel is the best livity, why not living it EVERY day? I do not eat animals, do not drink any kind of alcohol, do not use any other drugs(cigarettes etc), eat nothing from the grape, avoid all dead things.... EVERY day. Just because I feel this as a godly livity, why should I do otherwise.
If you would still like fixed fasting days, you should get in contact with the Ethiopian Orthodox Church... some Rasses are members there(even still to this day). They do observe specially fixed days... maybe they are not too different from the Islamic ones. but I don't know, as I am not familiar with any of both. Religion is man made, I AM THE IAM! SELASSIE I

Selah

Messenger: NESTASISTA Sent: 9/26/2006 10:48:15 AM

Ises. I too am lifelong n/s, n/d,no drugs, vegetarian. InI structure is the temple-we must not sodden it. I love fasting and praying--it is the strict structure that offends InI Irit.

Thanks for the reply.

Selah

NESTASISTA

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/26/2006 11:21:45 AM

Islam is the first religion. It is the religion of the original Hebrews, Hyksos, Desert people, Arabs etc. Islam is a set of rules by which to live by. It was created to tame the berbers that constantly threatened to invade the civilized world. Though they were never successful the constant invasion desturbed the peace and thus caused the creation of simplified guidelines for the uneducated masses outside of Africa and Asia Major during the dawn of Mediteranian civilization. These barbarians were so far removed from their own humanity that they needed a strict routine to remain in balance. Because the peoples along the Asiatic trade routes had a rich history of natural remedies and personal balancing techniques they understood the importance of cleansing ones system regularly. Throughout history Muslims have been spreading their religion amoungst the under-educated, the violent, the unclean and the uncivilized throughout the world. However environment is a factor in any civilization and changes the details to suit itself. Evolution of Islam has caused violence in places where survival of the meek has been threatened.
After Solomon's kingdom was dismantled, descendants of Islam who had utilized the oral tradition to carry on their history, wrote the Torah. These people, who were great scholars in their day and time, became the fathers of fable based religion.
Rastafari is a rebellion from this lineage. It is a movement to our ancestors who did not require such rules and regulations to maintain balance of mind, body, soul but rather maintained connected to the God within that governs each being flawlessly everytime. As such we practice a lifestyle of simplicity and cleanliness. We don't consume flesh because our bodies are not designed to consume other living beings. We don't indulge in strong drink or chemical solutions. We understand that any illness Mother Nature can give, she can also take away. Any illness that man makes is an abomination and is therefore illogical and unpredictable, so we don't deal with that. We strive to achieve perfection of body, mind, soul and we praise a Black King.
We fast if we feel unclean, not because of the day or time.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/26/2006 2:20:03 PM

P'TUH is older than Islam.

Hotep

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/26/2006 2:28:00 PM

Do you concider P'TUH a religion?

Messenger: NESTASISTA Sent: 9/26/2006 6:38:45 PM

Empress Nzingha, thank-you for the Insight.

I have harmed I structure in the past by observing the no water part of the fast, became medically ill and my doctor DEMANDED I NEVER do it again or ELSE.

It could be why the last time I was in JA--I couldn't stay as the illness came back. :/

Thanks again for the resasonings.

NESTASISTA

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I