Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1616&start_row=1

Word Sound Power in Reverse?

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/20/2006 8:47:30 AM

Hail I Idren

i was just wondering
why did ini ancient elders established it as Word Sound and Power when really and truly it should be the other way around? Power Sound and Word
It was said that In the beginning was the Word. But i reasoning tells i that before the Word ,there must come the Sound for you need the sound to make the word. And before you make the Sound you need to create the vibration which is the Power
Am I wrong? Does it matter?

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/20/2006 9:17:44 AM

Bredren, the Word is the sound, seen. Sound was the word and that was powerfull. First word eye or I. For HIM say "I am, that I am", and thus came to Be. Word Sound Power, seen.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/20/2006 1:32:49 PM

Blessed Sistren
I think our misunderstanding is arising because you are taking Word sound and power as one entity, three in one, and if you take it as such then i have to agree with you.
But i was trying to take them individualy, and if you do that there is noway nohow that the Word can come before the sound and no way that the sound can come before the Power or the Vibration, this is simple physics. Same way in music.
all u have to do is open your mouth, first u feel the vibration in your throat, with that vibration u create the sound, with that sound you create the word

Jah Rastafari Love

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/20/2006 1:46:37 PM

You cannot seperate the sound from the word, the word is the sound. Meaning the sound that was made was the word, I or eye, one sound one word. The power is not neccessarily from the sound, it is from the word that was said. Words have power, what you speak manafests. Thought waves are the most powerful energy in existance, when you speak your mind that energy permeates the entire universe and realigns space and time to make your words truth. That is the power.
HIM say, I AM, you dig. I is the Word Sound, AM is the power. HIM did not question HIM Self, AM I, but declared existance, I AM. Word-Sound Power, seen.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/20/2006 6:20:58 PM

Blessed
Sistren, like i said before ini are in agreement. Ini as rasta know this things already, so plz refrain from the "u dig"s and the "seens". I was just putting forward another angle from which to see things, for you are still dealing with the mystcal when i was refering to the earthly and physical.
Love an honour
Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/21/2006 10:45:31 AM

No disrespect intended Idren, only force of habit.
Blessings

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/21/2006 1:49:03 PM

It all depends on how you look at it.

The Word is the Word that is thought in the mind.

The Sound is the noise that comes out of your mouth when you speak the word that your mind told your mouth to speak.

The Power is the earthquake, lightning and whirlwind that comes forth from the Word. Or if you want to speak of vibration, the sound you make from your mouth causes vibrations through the air as the sound travels.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/21/2006 7:39:35 PM

dig that, I guess you can seperate the word and sound.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I