Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=160&start_row=11

Mental illness and Babylon medication

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/10/2010 11:45:20 PM

I wanted to Reason some more about when I said this:

-------------------------------
So if a person wants to stop using medications that affect hormones in the mind, they should wean themself off of it slowly over a year or more, and do some serious work on their physical and mental foundation to correct the original problem. The work on the physical and mental foundation is essential, because if this is not taken care of, then the person will go back into problems, and it would be better to just continue with the medication if the foundation isn't fixed.
-------------------------------

When I was speaking about the serious work on the mental foundation. Some examples of the work is to resist the thoughts that cause the destruction. Another example is to focus and exalt the thoughts that fight destruction and bring Life.

Usually I think that people are better to try this training before they start taking medication, because medication sets some things off as I Reasoned in the first post; but if a person is in a very out of control situation, and especially if they have taken medication before (because they need to learn how to adjust from the state that the medication put them in), it might be good for some to start taking the medication to calm themself, and start training and over the months that follow, gradually reduce the medication enough, but not too much, until they come to the day where they stop it altogether, and then continue the training the rest of your Life, coming closer to the Most High each day.

So if it is depression, resist lingering on sadness. If something brings sadness, then don't ignore it, acknowledge it and then bring yourself to something else. This resistance is good for everyone, but people who are depressed need it even more, because it will be easy to fall back into it, because over time it has become a normal state for them.

If it is other kinds of mental illness, then resist the circles of thought that cause obsession, resist the thoughts of paranoia and resist all the other thoughts that the I knows doesn't belong in your head.

A thought can come, but it is your choice whether the thought lingers, and if the I resists the thought enough times, eventually it won't be able to enter any more.

Here is a Reasoning that talks about training to resist temptation, it can also be used for other undesireable thoughts.
Temptation

And the other part of the fight is to change the focus of the mind and Irits.

If the I is depressed, then the I must learn to stop taking the good things in your life for granted. When people dwell on sadness, good things pass to the left and right and in front of them and they don't even notice, or hardly notice. There may be some who have much less good things in their life than others, but many have many good things, they are just too busy putting their focus on negativity to see it. And even the people who have little, can usually find someone who has much less, but is still happy, at least most of the time. People must realize that their depression will only bring more bad things and take away more good things, just as it has in the past.

If there are not enough good things in your life, then make more good things. Search yourself and if you look hard enough, the I will see what would be pleasant for the I. Learn to forgive and treat others with Love, and Friendship will become one or many of the good things.

Learn to grab on to thoughts of happiness and Learn to linger on that instead of sadness.

With depression and with other mental illness, find thoughts of goodness, happiness and love and Learn to focus on that. Find thoughts of prosperity, usefullness and work, and Learn to focus on that. Keep your mind busy with all the good things I and I can do and think, and the I will eventually leave no room for anything contrary to enter. Be stubborn and the I will gain control, the fight is only lost when you stop, so don't stop. Every day the I has breath, the I has another day to improve, as long as that is what the I chooses to do that day.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/11/2010 3:53:15 PM

greetings,
lifes a fight and anything that doesn't kill u makes u stronger, be mindful of prayer and exodus always

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 1/11/2011 3:06:28 PM

Honourable Priest Kailash Leonce speaking on the topic of DRUGS and the Drug Industry (i.e. Babylon medication)

---------------------------------------
From Medicines to drugs the criminal Activity of the drugist

----------------------------------------

Give thanks for the Wisemind, Wisdom, Knowledge and Overstanding;
Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar'I

Messenger: mamadread Sent: 3/22/2011 9:31:57 PM

Hail Jah Rastafari, blessed Brethren and Sistren.

All Rastafarian must read this book. It related to your topic here.
Da book explains how the Cannabis plant and Hemp can save the earth and it's people, and why Babylon hidin them facts, especially bout medication and healing.
Tis worth its weight in gold: The Emperor Wears No Clothes
by Jack Herer

Praise be to Jah!

Messenger: Joeamana Sent: 5/8/2011 12:22:10 AM

yeah dude i took so many medications because I had no other choice this is what path my school chose for me and i stopped most of these abruplty like my body was a lab for these pills and if they didnt work they stopped them like they were doing science experiments on me. After those pills im pretty sure everything got way worse for me I was never 'stable' again. This proves my "theory" :)

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/28/2012 10:31:46 PM

Here is a Reasoning that relates to this.

----------------------------------
The I needs to change your mind to what you want it to be. It will not be easy at first and it might feel like it is impossible, but never bow down to impossible and be stubborn and hold on to possible. faith in impossible will make it impossible, and no matter how hard you try, it will never work. That is why you must always have Faith that it is possible, then it will truly become a possibility.

The more time and attention you give to undesireable thoughts, whether paranoia, hearing voices, obsession or whatever else; the more you change your mind to go further into those kind of thoughts. Dwelling on undesireable thoughts will change the hormone balance of your brain to imbalance, and your spirit will also be imbalanced.

Fight undesireable thoughts and resist them with all your might. Resist the feeling of paranoia, ignore it and push through to where you need to go. Any time you think you hear somebody's thought, ignore what you heard and assume it came from your own mind.

Resist obsessive thoughts, fight it, and fight any other thoughts that brings imbalance. Every time you fight it, you will bring your hormones, brain and spirit closer to balance. You might waver in the beginning, but as long as you are stubborn and don't accept failure, you will come closer and closer to balance, until you finally reach it. When you do reach it, the fight is far from over, because the thoughts will try to return until you get to a point where they have been completely controlled.

I don't know if any of the things you percieved as telepathy, visions or other such things were real, or just your imagination; but until you return your mind and spirit to a complete and strong balance, you must treat them all as imagination, because you are not in a state to know what is real or not.

When you come to a strong and steady balance again, then you might be able to look into those things again, but you will need strict discipline and be skeptical so that you don't bring yourself to imbalance again. You will need to learn how to see the difference between Irits and imagination.

The brain is a very adaptable organ, as long as people take control to make the changes, and hold onto the will to make those changes. Often when people have a stroke, they can regain certain things they lost, whether speech, body control or other things. Certain parts of the brain were completely destroyed, and they don't come back to life; so the brain makes new paths and connections to take over the functionality. Some people who become blind, learn to connect there ears to the visual section of the brain, so they can convert sound into sight, and can even see you moving your arm a few inches. Sometimes these new connection just happen, but when people work towards those goals, they make improvements more quickly, and for some it makes the difference between improving, or not improving at all.
-------------------------------------

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/8/2012 10:13:50 PM

Salam well mental illnes in babylon is propoganda, as da bible says babylon is a habitation of demons a prison for every foul spirit and unclean and hated bird. So of course we will hear things feel things that can get us to lose our mind, right? In ethiopia addis ababa they suffer too also, they go to immanuel mental clinic but i heard they dont give them pills really sedate them just they use heat therapy for der minds i assume to purify der head from evil thinking and things like that. Everyone suffers. Its not easy. Everyone hears voices, just the mystery of the tree of knowledge of good n evil , melkam n cuffit.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/8/2012 4:03:59 PM

Here is an article I found today

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/08/positive-images-and-feedback-help-depression-patients-study

A technique that helps people control activity in a specific part of the brain can help ease depression, British researchers have found.

In the study, eight patients with depression were shown pictures that were positive, negative and neutral in nature, while they were undergoing an MRI scan. This helped researchers identify the areas in the brain that were processing the positive emotions.

The patients were then told to increase the activity in this area of their brain by looking at images that gave them positive emotions. During the test, the patients were given feedback about how well they were doing through a technology called neurofeedback.

David Linden of Cardiff University said this is the first time neurofeedback has been used to treat depression.

Using this technique, the researchers found all patients were able to control the activity in the targeted emotion networks. Their depression improved significantly after the interventions. Their medication dose wasn't changed during the study.

"The findings of the initial pilot study are preliminary and further research is required to assess the possible clinical benefits to patients. We do not expect this to become a standalone treatment tool, but rather a potential part of comprehensive treatment packages," Linden said in a release about the study

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 6/8/2012 4:40:16 PM

Yes I this is the same thing as focusing on positive thoughts, common sense really. Why does the medical establishment have to run tests and scientifically prove everything through technology? I believe this delays and disadvantages potentially effective holistic approches.

Blessed love

Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 8/25/2012 3:39:20 AM

Ark I , I became suicidal when I started taking babylon medication and also depressed and i ended up the hospital because i attempted suicide . Babylon medication Has messed up my life and now I am forced to take a shot because of extreme paranoia from quitfing the last medication I was on . I go thru hell everyday trying to resist it but its so hard to resist the paranoia . I am now on a shot and the shot works for me but I hope that one day I wont have to take the shot anymore . I need some advice on what I should do stay on this medication or be weened off . The doctors diagnosed me with paranoid schizoaffective disorder and told me I will have to take medicine for the rest of my life . What should I do when Its so hard to function without the medicine ....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I