Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1582&start_row=11

Someone asked: How'd Rastafari Get To This?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/16/2006 10:43:34 PM

I don't worry about those that try to misrepresent RasTafarI. I will just Itinue I trod to represent RasTafarI, and other RasTafarI will do the same.

The way I sight things is that all people who are RasTafarI will come to that realization and will live so. So no matter who is around them misrepresenting RasTafarI, they will see Jah Light, because RasTafarI is who they are.

For the same reason, when I hear about a person turning away from RasTafarI, I rejoice. It means that one more imposter and fraud has admitted the truth that they are not RasTafarI and they are trodding the way that is for them. The reason I feel like this is because I know that it is impossible for RasTafarI to turn away from RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 8/17/2006 1:55:02 AM

I feel sadness when a brother parts from I, although they generally leave RastafarI for Christianity and with a better conciousnous. So I am still happy for them because they havent turned to join the wicked. I dont cast a shadow on non Rasta, only anti-Yahweh Jehovah.

Peace
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: EmpressCarla Sent: 8/17/2006 8:32:18 AM

Blessings

@Ark I
Give thanks for the reply, but I don't think this topic is about misrepresenting Rastafari per se. In the original post, it was asked:

"Is it a positive thing that so many of non-African descent have also found the undeniable truth in the divinity of HIM HSI, or is it only further derailing from the original 'Back To Africa' ideals?"

With the addition of non-Africans to Rastafari, it is plain to see that many non-Africans cannot relate to the ideals of repatriation or reparation. As such, they do not support these goals. So the question is, is it a good thing that others bring different ideals into the Rasta movement, or does it hinder and distract from the Iriginal goals?

Or am I to infer by your post that your feeling is that these ones DO in fact "misrepresent Rastafari"?

Be blessed

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/17/2006 9:31:27 AM

My message was about this part of the reasoning, and what followed from it:

Empress Carla, you said

-----------------------------------
Empress Nzingha, you wrote:
"In the times that we find ourselves, these things are immaterial. Can a man change my belief because he distorts it for his own mind? No."

How 'bout if he distorts it for others? To me, this is a very material topic as it deals with the notion that Rastafari is only about the music or that it is only a One Love vibe or smoking herb. While I feel those are most certainly significant aspects of Rastafari, they are not all encompassing of what Rastafari IS. So if a one goes around touting these things and telling ones and ones they can make up the rest, is that Rasta? And how does this distortion enrich the movement?
-----------------------------------

But as far as white people or other people who try to change what RasTafarI is about, I say that they are misrepresenting RasTafarI. Repatriation of Black people who want to return to Africa is fundamental to the movement, those that don't support that are misrepresenting RasTafarI. Also, Black people should be the rulers of every African country, both politically and economically, and those that don't support that are misrepresenting RasTafarI. Those that try to change RasTafarI and make it look like a hippy movement are misrepresenting RasTafarI.

Some people like to put all their focus on One Love because they can't handle Jah Fire, they are afraid to get burned. And those that are afraid to walk into the Fire and burn out their wickedness are misrepresenting RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 8/17/2006 10:09:18 AM

HOLY MOSIS I

Tru dat Ark I,.... MAN SHAL BE WHA HIM BELIEB HIM IS....ya neba ovastan dis seen ya haffi be RASTAFARI fah di I to feel RASTA an ya nu
gwa buy dat bot ya learn dat, haffi trod seen!

Jah arise an let di wicketman scatta
Fya

Messenger: EmpressCarla Sent: 8/17/2006 10:32:40 AM

Blessings

Give thanks for the clarification, Ark I. Bless.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/17/2006 10:39:39 AM

more fyah! JAH! Rastafari. Blessings, Ivalivin Ivaloving. You must trod same way no matter if you walk alone or marchin army, seen. We no circle, we spiral, seen.
One Love

Messenger: Rastaempress Sent: 8/17/2006 9:14:22 PM

INI give thanks for all INI troops Rastafari Bless for the strenth of those who stan fast! Jah Bless

Messenger: rasabud Sent: 10/4/2006 1:04:20 AM

how do me feel about non africans in Rastafari

Messenger: I Selahssie i son Sent: 10/31/2006 9:59:25 PM

Well,Rastas are the ones who choose righteousness instead of wickedness.So Rastas are the exellent ones in the earth,even from since creation.All the biblical prophets were rastas it is proven by the historical and biblical facts which is in the ible.The almighty himself is the rasta who utter the parables,the same one who said blessed,the same one who called his friends bredrens,the same one who said I am he,the same one who overcome the world and its problems.The same one who went up unto the mountain,the one who went down by the sea,the same rasta who was on the donkey or the colt,the rasta who free the mind of men.WE are here to rastasize the earth,Rastafari was in the begining and so shall it be in the ending. Selah ssie

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I