Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1438&start_row=21

Violence with RASTAWOMAN

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/2/2006 4:34:48 PM

This is real talk and there is nothing sweet about it.

"all this people trying to understand the mind of a sick drag queen who say its a man and hit a woman its futile" but posting a lot
of obscene words that haves little or nothing do with anything proactive is useful .How dose that sound.
If i was to shout a bunch of profane name that would make more since then trying to teach man and woman to understand domestic violence.?Maybe that make since to you, but it dose not to me. "we rasta dont sell fish screaming on street ore something this is sweet talk" what dose that mean?. Did you read what i posted or are you just reacting to a strong feeling that you have.?

If a woman hit a man dose that make her a lesbian, no,It make her a person that that hit a man and acts out domestic violence
This is not T.V a guy man is a man that has lust for the same sex.
A drag queen is a man that dress like a woman.
And a man that hits a woman is ignorant if not A person regarded as timid or cowardly, a "SISSY"

"Nearly 2 in 3 female victims of violence were related to or knew their attacker."

"Over two-thirds of violent victimizations against women were committed by someone known to them: 31% of female victims reported that the offender was a stranger. Approximately 28% were intimates such as husbands or boyfriends, 35% were acquaintances, and the remaining 5% were other relatives. (In contrast, victimizations by intimates and other relatives accounted for only 5% of all violent victimizations against men. Men were significantly more likely to have been victimized by acquaintances (50%) or strangers (44%) than by intimates or other relatives.) (Ronet Bachman Ph.D., U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics, "Violence Against Women: A National Crime Victimization Survey Report," January 1994, p. 1)"

all around the word people a have domestic violence.Even in early Egypt, not just BABYLON

"The earliest known civilizations appeared in the Near East between 4000 and 3000 B.C.E. in Egypt and Mesopatamia. In Egypt, the Old Kingdom consisted of the first six dynasties of Egyptian rulers. It was during this period that most of the traditions that were to become characteristic of Egyptian life for the next two thousand years appeard. The king was considered a living god and held absolute power under the theory of Ma'at. While women could own property and the Egyptians were one of the few ancient peoples that allowed women to succeed to the throne (Patterson, 1990:23-32), recent evidence has emerged suggesting domestic violence was not uncommon even then. In 1977, Paleopathologists revealed that female Egyptian mummies had more skull fractures than male mummies even though men were the warriors of society. It has been hypothesized that these fractures (primarily skull injuries) were inflicted on women during domestic disputes
(Davidson, T., 1977and again in 1982:pages 170-197)."

" WOMANS SERVE JAH AND SERVE UR KINGMAN
IS THE WAY FOR SALVATION !
RIGHTEOUSSNESS ....
IF THE WOMAN IS TRYING TAKE CONTROL ALL TIME , THIS IS WRONG ...
YES IT IS ... CAUSE FIRST THE MAN C A R E F U L L Y SPEAK
THAN THE WOMAN HEAR
THAN BOUTH THINK
THAN WOMAN SPEAK ....
THAN BOUTH THINK ....
BECAUSE ITS THE NATURAL ORDER ...
SUBMISSION WITH A LOT OF RESPECT
NOT SLAVERY ..."

That is a strong statement, and probly the only thing you posted that made since to me.But still i have to think, what if you think you are doing the right thing and its really wrong.The only why to stay in the right is to give your SUBMISSION to the most high.
This a quote for a post from SisMenenI writen by Lisa-Anne Julien Great Black Warrior Queens.

"Rasta woman is the other half of the Creation union that is God Jah. Jah is both male and female, two halves united in one whole as Creation and Creator. In the same way the Man and Woman unite their separate halves in order to make life, so also is neither more equal than the other half.

If you do not feel that you can help or just don't want to help people understand domestic violence then don't. but if you do want to help. show a man or woman the another way to live.
And thats real talk.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 5/3/2006 12:19:52 AM

"WOMANS FOLOW JAH AND FOLOW UR KING MAN NOT JUST JAH
JAH IN UR KING MAN TOO

WOMANS SERVE JAH AND SERVE UR KINGMAN
IS THE WAY FOR SALVATION !
RIGHTEOUSSNESS ....

IF THE WOMAN IS TRYING TAKE CONTROL ALL TIME , THIS IS WRONG ...
YES IT IS ... CAUSE FIRST THE MAN C A R E F U L L Y SPEAK
THAN THE WOMAN HEAR
THAN BOUTH THINK

THAN WOMAN SPEAK ....
THAN BOUTH THINK ....

BECAUSE ITS THE NATURAL ORDER ...
SUBMISSION WITH A LOT OF RESPECT
NOT SLAVERY ...

THE WOMAN HAVE TO SERVE THE MAN ... TAKE CARE OF THE MAN"

Is this not the same as saying woman should never speak first? That is abusive. More importantly it is EXACTLY the type of attitude that leads to domestic violence. It is the concept that if a woman does not submit to her husband than she is wicked.

Abuse: To turn from the proper use; to ill-use; to decieve; to vilify; to violate.
Serve: to work for and obey.
Servitude: state of a slave; slavery; compulsory labor.

Abuse can be physical, mental, sexual, emotional; it can simply be to restrict someone from realizing their own potential. Any man, ANY MAN, who treats his woman as a servant is a domestic abuser.
What is he doing while she is serving?
Really this whole statement is pure ignorance. Women have far too much to offer the world to spend their life serving a man. Her time is much wiser spent serving her God and loving her man.
If man and woman are equals then it should not matter who speaks first, only that each speaks, each hears and a compromise is reached. Submission is not the way to a healty relationship between man and woman, only compromise makes an equal partnership.

"we rasta dont sell fish screaming on street ore something"
I know many Rasta man who catch and sell fish. Been to any tropical islands lately?

"HIT A WOMAN IS A THING A GAY DO "
How many gay men do you know who go around hitting women? I can't think of a single one, and I know quite a few gay men. In fact it is an insult to homosexual men to say that men who hit women are gay because the average gay man hates violence, especially domestic violence. Gay is not a random curse word or insult, it is a group of people. Although I am not homosexual and to be quite honest I think it's nasty, I don't judge homosexuals any more than I would judge anyone else. I know lots of homosexuals and I promise you they are generaly nice people who happen to have a sexual prefrence that I don't agree with. But they are no diffrent than little people (dwarfs) or disable people or black people for that matter, born diffrently than some people are willing to accept. Now whether they go to "Heaven" or "Hell" has so little to do with me that I don't even care, that's between them and the Most High. However you may find yourself in "Hell" for using them as "the ultimate insult" so I suggest you find something more positive to do with your time.
To automatically assume something about an entire group of people based only on one's own opinion is discrimination, which leads to violence and abuse.
To assume that any man who hits a woman does not like women is pure folly. Some men grew up in homes where their mother was abused in one way or another and thus grew up believing that violence is an apropriate way to deal with women. Some women think a man doesn't love her if he doesn't hit her and will provoke violence or seek out men who are abusive.
Alcoholics are notourious women beaters, as are drug abusers.

Many heterosexual male youth like to play with dolls and are labeled "sissy" or soft, they often grow up to be violent men. Labeling a man a sissy often turns him into a violent man or (in many cases) a suicide case. It does not, however, stop him from hitting a woman. Only education and counseling can do that.

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 5/3/2006 10:28:14 AM

ok
woman speak first empress

than the man speak

who hit a woman is hetero and lovely

and rasta is who say peace and love

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 5/3/2006 10:35:29 AM

and to the man posting ...

I have not to change life of no one ....

"hey he is a wicked , let I go there and teach Jah ways "

never ...

some people born in this world to do evil

two kinds of people see mathew 12 verse 33 to 37
and mathew 13 verse 24 to 30

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 5/3/2006 10:53:45 AM

empress see corinthians (dont know if in english write like this)

acts romans corinthians u know ?

chapter 7 verses 4 to 6

the bouth decide it .... .... .. .

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 5/3/2006 11:07:27 AM

and to me ....

if a woman hit a man its homosexual atitud too ;D

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/3/2006 11:56:37 AM

matthew
31] Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
[32] And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
[33] Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
[36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

"I have not to change life of no one
some people born in this world to do evil"

if that was true what did christ teach and heal for, he did it to change the way peoples live

matt4
23] And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
[24] And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
[25] And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

homosexual = Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

like i said you don't have to teach or help any if you don't want to.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 5/3/2006 1:29:11 PM

Do not belittle me bredren. If you want to disagree, then disagree. If you want to prove me wrong then prove me wrong. But do not assume my words are folly or make synical remarks. My trod is nothing if not rightious. And I don't deserve down talk as I am intelligent, well read and walking the path to Paradise.

[4] The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
[5] Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
[6] But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

Equal.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/3/2006 3:07:46 PM

If a man and woman are seeking to please Jah and Live in righteousness then there is no first or last between them and there is no higher or lower. There is just righteousness and wickedness, so both should trod towards righteousness and if there is a difference of opinion between a man and woman, they should reason until they figure out which opinion is the right choice or if the right choice is a combination of both opinions or if both opinions are the wrong choice.

A man and woman will always trod in weakness if they think that one person (whether man or woman) should make the decisions without the others input or even if the other has the choice to agree or disagree. When both people are free to bring forward a reasoning and the reasoning is discussed it will always lead to more strength, provided that they actually reason instead of just debate or argue. This way of trodding will allow both people to use their wisdom and knowledge to the best of their ability and will encourage both to think more and bring forward guidance from Jah. I never refuse the voice of Jah, whether Jah is speaking to I or I empress.

I don't feel that I empress is in control of things and she also doesn't feel that I am in control of things. Both of us propose good and bad decisions and through reasoning we realize the difference between the good and bad.

The trod of I and I empress can be summed up in the vows we made to eachother at our Marriage. I have posted them before, but I will post it again because I see it as the way for a Man and Woman to trod towards Jah.

-------------------------
Our Love will always grow throughout all time
We will always be One, Love without end
I ask God for Guidance to lead us in His Way
So that we Live as we should, bringing strength to each other
I will always think of you when making choices in Life
You are with me in all things. We walk side by side
I Live to raise you higher and I know you do the same
Let us rise in God’s Light, the Creator of all
By the Word of God, we are made One
-------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 5/4/2006 8:31:20 AM

Hey Nzingha ....

dont care if ur wrong ore if you are right ....

Im just showing to you that the woman have not autority for his own body and the man have not to ... the man have autority for woman body and woman for the body of the man ... that who that chapter speak...
just to u see , that ur mind think much in this unjustice that happen to a woman cant speak less spoken too ... But the two have to agree with this ... first came adam , than after this came eve ... who introduced the sin to the man ... and the man of course agree and did that ... so ... its the natural order a woman speak after the KingMan.
Its the more natural in I mode of view , and if does not happen , so we have a lot of conflict .... discussion ... one trying to speak more ore scream more than the other ... this kind of thing...

But to the man deserv woman submission he have to be christian and respect and truly love the Queen , till the bouth get old.

this is what I think
I ovahztand what u feel

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I