Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1438&start_row=11

Violence with RASTAWOMAN

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 4/26/2006 12:28:58 PM

There's so much propaganda out there against rasta...accusing rasta of certain things e.g violence or discrimination against women. If every case of domestic violence was recorded along with the perpetrator's religious affiliation, rasta would not even come up on the radar. The so-called major world religions Christianity and Islam would dominate. Let's face it, the major world religions are very patriarchal. Violence whether against humans or animals is not a part of rasta livity. I notice Empress you're of the belief that rasta promotes violence and discrimination against women even assuming that if a woman says it, then it is true. I know assumptions are usually wrong coz they have not been verified. Feminism is just another ism among the various isms and schisms that separate I n I people. Wombmen's rights (human rights), is different from feminism. Don't jump on the anti-rasta propaganda bandwagon.

And just for clarity rasta is not a religion, it's a livity (way of life)...Rastafari!

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 4/26/2006 1:37:13 PM

Whoa, hold on Idren, you miss-read me.
What I am saying is if a man and woman are in a relationship and the woman says she is abused while the man says he does not abuse his wife, you cannot trust an abuser to claim it. You must not take it a face value, you must ask yourself why would this woman make up such a thing.
As for feminist, I am not one, however many woman were liberated by the feminist movement, so to curse them is unneccessary. I don't agree with many of their policies but I agree with the general idea that woman and man are equal, seen.
And at what point have I said something anti-rasta?
I am saying you cannot judge a book by it's cover. I am saying that many who claim Rasta still promote wickedness.
But most importantly we are not out there Idren, we are in here. I have not made mention to religions that promote violence toward women because this is not a forum for those things, nor is it the subject of the post. What I am saying is yes, some who claim Rasta beat their women. It happens most often when a Black man with locks takes a white woman as his wife. But my main point is that abuse is not only to beat a woman but also to degrade her or place her lower than or behind a man. It is also to womanize and to spread seeds to unrightious women while there is a wife waiting at home. If a man and his wife choose to include more women in their relationship, that's between them, but when a man makes this choice for her, it is abuse.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/26/2006 11:23:34 PM

First thing RASTA is an Inborn Concept.
Why was i attracted towards trodding the RAsta path over and above all other ways? Because from the first time i heard of it i saw Iself reflected within it. I will give just one example...When i was a child growing up in Africa, when families gather they would buy and slaughter perhaps a lamb and have a feast. And everytime this took place for as long as i can remember i would sneak out to play and not come back till late in the evening just to avoid seeing an animal being killed. At that time if you asked me why i wouldnt have known what to say because i was not yet equipped with the words to explain iself, that is until i sight up Rastafari..What i am basically trying to say is i dont care how much some people smoke herbs or how long their locks is or how much bible passages they can quote, if that inborn concept was never present, then it will never be. So I idern if i may humbly ask let us stop talking about who claims to be this and claim to be that.
If someone comes up to you and says that a certain rastaman is being disrespectful or abusive towards his woman or for that matter towards any person, animal or plant ,tell them straight, THAT MAN IS NOT A RASTA

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/26/2006 11:30:20 PM

Yes I Ras KebreAB, I agree with everything you said.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/28/2006 12:12:51 AM

Many are called but few shall be chosen
And many of these lambs are just wolves in sheep clothin

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 4/28/2006 1:37:31 PM

"If ...a certain rastaman is being disrespectful or abusive towards his woman or for that matter towards any person, animal or plant ,tell them straight, THAT MAN IS NOT A RASTA."

Selah I Bredrin!

FYAH pon dem who seh "U na Rasta beca u na Black" or "cuz u don agree with I interpretation" or "beca u a baldhead" or whatever else bullshit

BUT

TRUE : "U na Rasta if u abuse an do violence pon any Idren of The Most High"

Really, this is a very loving string, reflecting Inity within this community against repressive or harmful treatment of others, particularly the abuse of woman by man. All Rastas may never agree on what role Selassie plays in creation or the importance of dietary strictures, but as long as InI Inite against evil like this Rastafari will be a light in this world.

ONE PERFECT LOVE

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 4/28/2006 3:13:45 PM

Greeting Royal Greetings iina Name of Qedamawi

The Guider of Ark of Covenant

Hi everybody !

First I man want to show how good Im feeling of you all participation in the topic I man did here !
Its very important we respect our Queen , she is Mother Nature if she is really created to be with you!
So let I change this uggly title of this topic in this post giving my infinite votes for all righteouss , pure and good woman ...
That they are very nice and they are very beautifull without the Mother we cant be in this word ...

Lets take the example of the woman

they no take into a war they are against violence

they are sensible

they try to be cool with the people cause conflict make she
feel bad !

She is happy if Kingman happy ... that mystic smile in their face
I can see Queen Omega in Righteouss and Good Woman ... Its a Work of Art from God !

Its a natural message saying ... hey calm down ... lets be happy
lets eat drink and give prayzes to Jah cause the creation are
nice and very beautiful !
All Power belongs to Jah ! Look what we have , what we did to have it ? a perfect body , locks , ital food ...

We came from the union of man and woman ... its not beautifull we are 1 since Adam and Eve we got multiplyied ...

I want to do a spiritual message of happyness , strenght and peace
for all woman in the word ! all true Woman

I dedicate this post !

to all mothers thanks ...

take care of your babys ... Love your children

Love the creation ....

So much things to say ...

sounds like poetry ... but its Jah fire too ...

Im doing it to make this topic sutile ...
who are Righteouss can be called Rasta
who are not Righteouus ARE NOT BEING Rasta
even if their Essence are Rasta , they arenīt being it ...

If you never show no Love
fire fire.

Jah Love
Nuff Respect to all Woman

and all good Fathers

Thanks Jah for the children cause they are pure and clean like
our meditation have to be ...

Chaka
typing from:
Brasil

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/29/2006 4:21:39 PM

ArkI said
"I think that what happens often in these situations is that these ignorant men trod like idiots and want their woman to follow in their foolishness. And when their woman doesn't want to follow in their foolishness they get vex..

Yes if a man hit awoman he is ignorant, Lacking education or knowledge. And how do you teach them. Is it by cutting the a man down, how you teach him.? NO..It is know help to the man or the woman if each is fighting one a nother down.A man or woman could be abusive and not even know it or just feel that is a way of life, but untell he/she has learned away
to handel his or her anger, or there mental illness, the man or woman well fall short.
In life there are things all have to give up and for some one of those things is violence.And if you are one of those people that are in a relationship were there is domestic violence don't give up hope.To the man, you are not a "D R A G Q U E E N S , gays , BATBWOIS", you are the son of the most high and you have to never let anyone take away your name...RASTAFARI... and to the woman you have to stand up and fight for your life.And if one is wanting to go one way and the other is going opposite , it is a leassion that i had to learn the hard, and the leassion is you have to let the one you love go sometimes. ArkI wrote," These idiots can't explain why the woman should follow them".I say we should not be following anyone but the most HIGH..

Man and woman stand strong

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 4/29/2006 8:31:25 PM

"Yes if a man hit awoman he is ignorant, Lacking education or knowledge. And how do you teach them. Is it by cutting the a man down, how you teach him.? NO..It is know help to the man or the woman if each is fighting one a nother down.A man or woman could be abusive and not even know it or just feel that is a way of life, but untell he/she has learned away
to handel his or her anger, or there mental illness, the man or woman well fall short.
In life there are things all have to give up and for some one of those things is violence.And if you are one of those people that are in a relationship were there is domestic violence don't give up hope.To the man, you are not a "D R A G Q U E E N S , gays , BATBWOIS", you are the son of the most high and you have to never let anyone take away your name...RASTAFARI... and to the woman you have to stand up and fight for your life.And if one is wanting to go one way and the other is going opposite , it is a leassion that i had to learn the hard, and the leassion is you have to let the one you love go sometimes. ArkI wrote," These idiots can't explain why the woman should follow them".I say we should not be following anyone but the most HIGH..

Man and woman stand strong"

Repost! Big ups... Stand strong! Jah! RastafarI... Iva lovin.. Iva livin... god...

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 5/1/2006 11:04:40 PM

stop this sweet talk ...

fire pon this ....

we rasta dont sell fish screaming on street ore something ;;;

this is sweet talk ...

if a man hit a woman he is gay hahahhahahaha , nobody can change this

all this people trying to understand the mind of a sick drag queen who say its a man and hit a woman its futile ....

the only thing we can say its a person like this have pertubation . Ok ... but if he like woman ...
he cant do it ....

WOMANS FOLOW JAH AND FOLOW UR KING MAN NOT JUST JAH
JAH IN UR KING MAN TOO

WOMANS SERVE JAH AND SERVE UR KINGMAN
IS THE WAY FOR SALVATION !
RIGHTEOUSSNESS ....

IF THE WOMAN IS TRYING TAKE CONTROL ALL TIME , THIS IS WRONG ...
YES IT IS ... CAUSE FIRST THE MAN C A R E F U L L Y SPEAK
THAN THE WOMAN HEAR
THAN BOUTH THINK

THAN WOMAN SPEAK ....
THAN BOUTH THINK ....

BECAUSE ITS THE NATURAL ORDER ...
SUBMISSION WITH A LOT OF RESPECT
NOT SLAVERY ...

THE WOMAN HAVE TO SERVE THE MAN ... TAKE CARE OF THE MAN

AND DONT COME WITH THIS SWEET TALL NO HE IS NOT A GAY

HE IS A BUMBOKLAAT GAY
LIKE THE GAYS BABYLONYANZ HAVING BABYLON QUEENS
PROCLAMING THEY ARENT GAY CAUSE OF THE MARRIAGE ORE
SOMETHING

BUT THIS BABYLONYANZ AND WHO HIT THIS WOMAN ARE ACTING LIKE A SISSY
HIT A WOMAN IS A THING A GAY DO

A MAN HIT A WOMAN ? GO FIGHT WITH ME SO ...
NOT WITH A WOMAN ....... THE WOMAN CAN BE THE WORST
BUR IF U ARE A MAN U DONT HIT THE WOMAN

HIT A MOTHER IS A THING OF MAN ?

HIT A WOMAN IS THIS A THING OF MALE ?

GUNSHOT FOR ALL THIS BATBWOI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I