Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1301&start_row=1

Apostle Paul-Early Baldhead

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 1/31/2006 10:40:43 PM

Idren please Iditate on this:

In reading the Ible, InI found for Iself that the Apostle Paul perveted the Word of Yeshua as it was said.

It was Saul the Paul who said cut your hair. It was he who said women have no right to speak in Church. He who said slaves obey your Masters and pay your taxes...(9 Romans 13:6)etc.

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities..." Romans 13:1&5

"It is good for a man not to marry..."Cor. 7:1

"Slaves obey your earthly masters..."Ephesians6:5-Colossians 3:22

"All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect..." 1Timothy 6:1

"I must go on boasting..." 2Cor 12:1-11:1

"As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches...",1 Cor 14:53

This man is no Nazarite. This man is no Rasta.

It is he who the Papist murderous Church places its foundation.

He who was a Roman citizen. He persecuted and killed the early revolutionaries. He who was opposed by James the brother of Yeshua and Peter (Galatians 2:11)

So InI don't quote and lean on what the patriarch of Papish Rome said but the on words of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I.

To the sistren who quoted ROMANS to justify drinking, fornication and other wickedness under the Damian Marley reasoning- if you are a Rasta you follow HIM words and not Paul the Saul...

InI welcome RASTA bredren reasoning in this.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2006 10:55:49 PM

RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I has quoted Paul a few times.

I also don't agree with some of the things Paul says, but I do agree with other things, and I have quoted his words on occasion, both in agreement with him and in disagreement.

And the sistren wasn't justifying what Damian Marley is doing by that scripture, she was just saying that there was not justification to what people were speaking against him because people need to look at their own self.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: zionI Sent: 1/31/2006 11:05:02 PM

Give thanks Ark I.

InI recall that His Majesty when asked about Paul's statement on faith said : "...In this Paul was not mistaken..."

"..In this..." suggests that HIM was saying Paul was mistaken in other things.

Clearly Paul said some positive things too- amidst all the madness- but doesn't George Bush even say some positive things amidst all of his madness?

Kindly provide other of His Majesty's words on Paul.

Praise Jah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2006 11:30:03 PM

Here are just a few:

With the assistance of Our elders We have striven to improve the judicial system of our country from the time that We accepted the high responsibility of leading the destiny of our nation, realizing that this is part of our trust. As Saint Paul said: "Where specific law exists, try according to the law, where there exists no code of law, try according to your conscience.

Addressing Judges on Justice and The Law

In these modern days, there are a multitude of things published in print and broadcast by radio which captivate the human mind and spirit; many new ideas are disseminated by the learned. Many wonderful appliances are produced to make life more and more comfortable. The rich powers have passed on from exploring and exploiting this earth and are vying with each other to explore and conquer the moon and the planets. Knowledge is increasing in a bewildering manner. All this is good, wonderful and praiseworthy. But what will be the end of it all? It is Our firm belief that only what the Lord wills will be done. We should be careful that the results thus achieved by mankind should not meet with the fate of the Tower of Babel, the handwork of those people of old which came to pieces in their hands. The Apostle Paul says: "The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God" and "The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise and they are vain." The reason for this is because generally speaking man makes himself and his wisdom the beginning and the end of his aim in life, and we are convinced that the end of this is destruction and death.

At World Evangelical Congress - Berlin

-------------------------------------------------
Dr. Hoffman: Your Imperial Majesty, how does it seem to you the Apostle Paul meant by the statement, Faith works by love?

H.I.M.:What St. Paul said here is not a mistaken statement. You all know what St. Paul was and what kind of work he was engaged in before his conversion. Later on, after his conversion he had faith and love, and if he had not had that he would not have taught people this in his epistles. Neither love nor faith are separable from each other.

Interview with Dr. Oswald Hoffman
-------------------------------------------------

We thank you for the kind words you have expressed and for the list of achievements you have reviewed. Those of us who need to know ourselves should read the message of St Paul in Corinthians, Chapter 4, verses one to six. Further details of duties and responsabilities of our officials will be announced in the near future.

Modern Ethiopianism

It is authentic that the Ethiopian Saint Tekle Haimanot was Christ's disciple whom, by observing St. Paul's remark, "who shall separate Us from the love of Christ? afflication or anguish or persecution or hunger or nakedness ..... ?", fulfilled his divine duties, made and rendered several sacrifices and services. Many are the monasteries that owe their existence to him, and innumerable are those who were taught by his disciples. Because of the services rendered by him and holy people like him at a time when Ethiopia was gravely threatened with heathenish and Islamic engulfing, this country came to be known as an Island of Christianity.

Dedicating Debre Libanos Church

Today, Our eyes and Our hopes are on all you graduates. We hope that the seeds of learning which you have received will, in the service which you render, ripen into an abundant harvest. We assumed the obligation to foster and expand education in Our nation both as a solemn duty, because the nation can flourish and grow only as the ranks of the teachers and students are expanded and filled: as a matter of free will, because man would prefer to speak of his nation in terms of its educated men and women rather than by recounting the size of its population. Those of you who have not yet completed your studies look forward with hopes and impatience to the day when you, too, will attain this honour. To you We give the message of St. Paul: "Who looks back, having once put his hand to the plough?" These words remind Us as well of the need for more universities, for more teachers, more schools, more students and more work. They commit us ever more fully to the search for the outer limits of the frontiers of learning. Until these have been achieved, no one can enjoy peace of mind. Dynamism, coupled with a conscientious concern for the well-being of the nation are the necessary qualities of the youthful mind. You have had a better educational opportunity than many. Evaluate your ideas: separate the good in them from the bad. Your hands once put to the plough, do not look back. Education moulds human elements in man. It develops him from adolescence to manhood. Let usefulness be your hallmark today, not adolescence. Once again, we congratulate you all and we thank the Almighty that you have proved yourself deserving of this occasion.

Fifth Graduation Exercises of H.S.I.U.

Realizing that the time has come for the Church of Christ, divided for many centuries up till now, to come together in unity and work together, it is imperative for all of us to strive together, in accordance with the words of the Apostle, Ephesians, Chapter 4, verses 5 and 6 to clear the way and open it up for the realization of unity. Each church and all churches have the obligation, derived from their covenant with God, to proclaim the Gospel, to make disciples of all nations and thus to make the faith grow and bear fruit.

Opening Address to the W.C.C.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2006 11:40:51 PM

In this quote

------------------------------
Dr. Hoffman: Your Imperial Majesty, how does it seem to you the Apostle Paul meant by the statement, Faith works by love?

H.I.M.:What St. Paul said here is not a mistaken statement. You all know what St. Paul was and what kind of work he was engaged in before his conversion. Later on, after his conversion he had faith and love, and if he had not had that he would not have taught people this in his epistles. Neither love nor faith are separable from each other.

------------------------------

I don't think Haile Selassie I was suggesting that Paul was wrong in other things when Jah said "What St. Paul said here is not a mistaken statement". I think that the reason Jah said it that way was because the interviewer asked Jah what Paul meant by the statement, as if the statement wasn't straightforward. So Selassie I was showing him that that statement is not a mistake but was straightforward, it can be read just as it is and the meaning is correct.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/1/2006 12:19:44 AM

Give many thanks ArkI

The quotes were very helpful.

It seems that his majesty is putting into practise HIM's exhortation that one must "Evaluate [one's] ideas: separate the good in them from the bad" .

So we can and ought to learn from Paul in those places referred to by HIM and perhaps others...

Give Thanks and Peraise for the edification and for this site permitting such itesful reasoning.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/1/2006 12:38:42 AM

I have posted the words from Selassie I many times on this forum and others because it leads to the Truth.

This is from one of the many times I spoke of these words

-------------------------------------------
Yes, I and I should consider the overstandings of others, Iron sharpeth Iron. But always check I and I self honestly, to see if I and I should accept or reject things that others say. Because just because someone has told the I true things every time they have spoken to the I, doesn't mean that the next thing they tell you is true.

As Selassie I show I and I,

By the word "neutral" We do not, of course, mean that abstention from political activity which has been for so long the hallmark of a Switzerland. We can no more refrain from political activity in the year 1961 than man today can voluntarily refrain from partaking of the radioactive fall-out which will be bestowed upon him should a nuclear holocaust erupt on this globe. Nor does neutrality mean that without taking sides, we content ourselves with urging that the powers most intimately concerned negotiate in good faith to the solution of the issues in dispute between them; we have passed the point where prayerful pleading serves any purpose other than to debase those who thereby abdicate any responsibility or power to influence events.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Belgrade Conference

-------------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/1/2006 1:42:29 AM

Once again Give Thanks ArkI for HIM quote- very much on point.

What does the I reason with respect to voting in elections where one denounces the very political system which is holding the elections?

For example, in countries such as Canada and the United States, where three or two party systems govern and all major parties are corrupt, should one vote or abstain?

(Is there a comprehensive book that the I could suggest which compiles all of HIM speeches, interviews and biography in one book?)

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/1/2006 8:21:22 AM

InI have to remember that His Majesty is the Universes most unpartial Man. He takes what is good, and does away with the bad. No partility. We have to remember that Paul never actually saw Christ, and saw his hair. It is true that Paul is not a Nazarite, he was a Pharasee previously.

And about the quote of a man never being married, zioni you should quote the whole chapter. Paul was saying that it is better for one to stay single because one who d is single is devoted soley to God, but when woman comes one becomes devoted to her as well. But if this was causing man to stumble they should not do it. He also states that if two must marry it is good for them to do so rather than to burn with passion. But Paul was celebate, and I'm not in agreement with everything paul says , but I don't know his heart like Rastafari does, so I can;t say what his outcome will be.

Blesse

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/1/2006 11:05:58 AM

BLessed love rasta far i
haile I selassie i
Give thanks and praises to the most high i-rator

Bless Ras Ark I for the clarification of any justification OR judement on of any ones things, seen.

ini site that i livity is to follow the law of love written on ini heART... Again, a line picked up here and there, a words said and then one goes off in judgement pon this or that... no one need to be judging anyone but ones self. Some ones are on a channelt at this point where they are easily led and do knee jerk reactions to other peoples action who they want o hold up as ones to follow or not to follow, listen or not to listen to.

INI have said thru i-nefertiti that until ones site one's own godliness, then ones will continue chasing the wind all the while. I am not a student or folower of Paul/Saul. I find that what has been attributed(cuz it is all speculation on who wrote this or that, let alone that is has been translated and compiled rightly) to him is sometimes hypocrisy and other times right on, STILL with my ears and eyes open, i mind sites the truth that guides i to overstanding as i trod this detiny to unravel and peel off the $hit$tem of babywrong ways. HIM said we must be coe greater that what out education, experience and environment has prepared us....They are words on a page, that is symbolic , not manifested nor realy unless ones chose to manifest.

InI studies, struggles and life experiencescan attest to that in Romans 3, for example when "Paul" misuses the scriptures to lead ones astray.. Romans 3 verses 9-18.. look up in your Ible and look at where these verses come from OT scripture and read ther context and ones will site that Paul misconstured the word of the elders to tell ones that ALL OF JAH IRATION are UNRIGHTEOUS, UNKNOWABLE OF JAH, WORTHLESS, LIARS, MURDERS, etc... so INI know that Paul is confused too. This overstanding i came to site thru studies, living and truth....SEEN? LOOK it up and site for yourself... that is what INI I-tinually WORD SOUND POWER....for INI.

I find it a insult to ones self and to the edlers before ini that ones wanna demonize someone that they decided to DIE-vide from , when in essence they DIE-vide thier own consicousness..
BODY MIND AND SPIRT

The point of the matter...
and one day
INI WORK-SOUND-POWER is SEEN-HEARD-DONE
that ones need to know for themselves what is right and that comes from right intention. I have been blazing fiyah the last couple days cause it reddens ini eyes to sight all this judgement and he, me, she you and they talk talk talk...I rage cuz i am writing these words, words words words, and all that some wanna do is talky talky talky about he, me, she you and they and ones not siting LIFE, LIVITY and what is important to give glory to the irator. I am blessed every day by LIFE.. all this george bush and politricks and dread locks and who is rasta this or baldhead that, i i will not stand under this confusuion... HIM in flesh is victorious over the giant of imperialism becuz HIM spirit of JUST US and RIGHTNESS strong despite the physical of the wrong manifestation of the world.

Tough love, all love cuz that is all that is real thru the mercy and grace of ini livity.... KNOW yourself... If this post offends anyone to even think a little bit more to wann take me on, i can take the fiayh, i know that...then Jah be praised by the loosening of hard--heartedness...and closeminded ness that is the result of Babylonia/christian/captialistic way of thinking which worships pride vanity and greed.

DO, in other words, MAN-I-FEST what is right... Man(that is the mass) I (jah) FEST (partake-celebrate) make it so according to what is good and right with no regard of the percieved wrong .. fiyah upon that which is not uplifiting....
INTUITE what is Blessed beautiful and loving mercy and grace in what one manifests using the spirit of the most high, not the words of man.. not even me...

"who may ascned the hill of the lord? WHo may stand in him wholly place?..He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not offer his soul to an idol, or swear by what is false. He will recieve blessings from the lord, and vindication form Jah, his saviour. Such is the generation of those who seek ini face, Rasta far I." Psalms 24.3-6

Ark I , gives thanks for putting this in focus and bless the i for in such a compact way.
rasta far I
Haile I Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I