Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=117&start_row=21

The Nazarite Vow

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 70
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/28/2003 4:42:58 PM

i know Nazarenth is in africa.so iam working to unity.so i will say i follow JAH

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 12/29/2003 2:30:09 AM

Give thanks and Praises Jah rasta Far I

Yes I-Beloved Ones,,, INI ...oneness. I site ya, Rock.

All this "nazerite, African, Israelite, are mere words ATTEMPT to Divide INI. Just as Ras Ark sited about the political parties of Liberal/Conservative Reps/Dems are the same, they using thier words to divide Jah I-dren to have power. That is what the institution of White supremacy does...it uses race, gender nationality to DIVIDE and conquer.

Rastafari"an" no such word in INI trod. These "words" Babylon have made as "images" of idolotry... They have no power in thier sound when it divide INI. They don't unite INI either, because they are redundant. They come between I XXX I. Like "sects" like theologies" and all other ISM's--schecisms.

I -Nefertiti take the Nazerite vow, but taking that vow does not make I anything relevant to anyone. I dedicate totally i-mind and flesh to Jah, as I CHOICE of FREEDOM to dedicate. Site this NOT to be interpreted that those who don't take the vow ARE NOT dedicated.....nuh mon. KNOW INI. INI is not about knowing u, he, she, me....it is ONENESS with Jah creation.

Being dedicated is not about another level of "laws".....Rasta not under any laws. No slavery, ya check.....INI check no master and no judge separate from INI. INI know precepts that are INI.

Ras Marcus Mosiah Garvey said these powerful soundful words so purely...Thanks and praises JAH RASTA FAR I...

It is a lto to read, but BEAUTIFUL blessings of a truth that so few of us site.....JAH CREATED INI in JAH IMAGE....

"..Jah created you masters of your own destiny, masters of your own fate and you can pay no higher tribute to your Divine Master than to function as man, as Jah created you...When it is said that we are created in His own image, we ourselves reflect HIS greatness.....and when we allow ourselves to be subjected to and create others as our superior, we hurl an insult at our Creator who made us in the fullness of ourselves.

I trust that you will so live to-day as to realize that you are masters of your own destiny, masters of your fate; if there is anything that you want in this world it is for you to strike out with confidence and fatih in self and reach for it, because Jah has created it for your happiness whatsoever you may find in nature. Nature is bountiful; nature is resourceful; and nature is willing to obey the command of man-Man the soverign lord is supposed to hold dominion and take possession of this great world of ours"

"The ends that you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself; but the ends you serve that are for ALL, IN COMMON, will take you even into eternity."

"FEAR is a state of nervousness fit for children and not men. When man fears a creature like himself he offends Jah, in whose image and likeness he is created. Man being created equal fears not man but God. TO fear is to lose control of one's nerves, one's will-to flutter, like a dying fowl, losing consciousness, yet, alive."

"If you have no confidence in self you are TWICE defeated in the race of life. With confidence you have won even before you have started."

"To me, a man has no master but God. Man in his authority is a soverign lord. As for the individual man, so of the individual race. This feeling makes man so courageous , so bold, as to make it impossible for his brother fo intrude upon his rights. SO few of us can understand what it takes to make a man-the man who will never say die; the man who will never give up; the man who never depended upon others to do for him what he ought to do for himself; the man who will not blame GOd; who will not blame Nature; who will not blame Fate for his condition: but the man who will go out and make conditions to suit himself. Oh, how disgusting life becomes when on every hand you hear people (who bear your image, your resemblance) telling you that they cannot make it, that Fate is against the, that they cannot get a chance. If 400 millions Negros can only get to know them selves, to know that in them is a soverign power, is an authority that is absolute, then in the next 24 hours we would have a new race, we would have a nation, an empire,-resurrected, not from the will of others to see us rise,-but from our own determination to rise, irrespective of what the world thinks."
- Marcus Garvey

ONENESS os of spirit, not no creeds vows, relgions nor language....SPIRIT.........ESSENCE......

Blessed community Jah Rasta Far I.....
Haile I Selassie I.....INI must become something we have never been before......
More Courageous,
Greater in Spirit and
Larger in outlook...

Messenger: Brother Jahphet I Sent: 12/29/2003 6:07:10 AM

Greetings I

Yes so powerful and true words of I n I divine prophet!
I give thanks to Jah RastafarI that he spoke through this man!

But I think you misunderstood me.
I never want to say, a Nazarite is better than others, or something like this. All I want is to reason about how the Is live this way of life in this 21 century of Babylonian time.
Thatīs all.
And I have already explained what I mean when I say Israelite.
I do not talk about race, colour, nation... all that doeas not matter to GOD.
But in this time are only two kinds of people, those with HIM and those against HIM.
And I n I names are from the beginning of all time inna Book of Life, so I n I the chosen ones, the Israelites of the End Time, seen?
Rasta out of Africa, Europe, America, Australia and Asia, come together! From all corners of this world, come together and unify under the leadership of I n I God and King!
Realise that I n I is Israel. The same Israel since Jacob, different flesh but same spirit.
Everybody who follow the rightful King of Israel Haile Selassie I in true Righteousness is Israel!

Hope the Is understand me now a bit better...

But back to the topic..
You say you are a Nazarite, so how do you live this way of life?
I would really like to reason about this!

Blessed love to the house of Israel, the house of RasTafarI!
Brother Jahphet I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/29/2003 6:14:44 AM

truth

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/29/2003 9:24:57 AM

Greetings,

Some RasTafarI observe the Nazarite vow, at least in part. The purpose of the Nazarite vow is to separate yourself unto God, to be holy.

When I first started my trod with RasTafarI, I didn't know why the grape was singled out as something I and I should stay away from. Even though I didn't know, I accepted it anyway and abstained from anything from the grape vine, and stayed away from all alcohol and flesh.

After a couple of years, I started asking Jah to show I why I shouldn't eat grapes. He finally gave I the answer one summer.

A few years ago, I was visiting my parents in a small town where I used to live, in Canada. I went to a park there that I have been to often in the past, and sat down and had some Ganja.

As I was sitting an old Mexican man started walking in my direction. Birds followed him as he came towards I. The Mexican man looked like a homeless man, I never saw him before in my life and I never saw him again afterward. And it is strange for something like this to happen in that town, because their was only one lady that appears homeless in that city, and even she wasn't really a vagrant, because she owned property, but she was poor.

The man asked if he could sit down beside I, and I said "OK". He said to I, "The birds followed me here, I can talk to the birds, you know". He then started speaking in Spanish to the birds. I noticed one of the birds walking in a shy kind of manner and the man said to I, "that one is shy".

The town is off of the St.Lawrence River in Canada. He pointed across the river towards the U.S.A and said to I, "you want to fight them" and then he shook his head and said, "the fight is not there, it is here" while pointing to his head.

He then held up a paper bag that had a can of beer in it and said, "I sometimes drink beer, but I don't like to drink wine because it brings down my powers"

So this was the answer to I question. There must be some property in grape that hinders I and I spiritual powers. For a Nazarite, this is unacceptable, because I and I are to be separated unto Jah and be holy.

But the spirit is more powerful than any physical thing, so it is not necessary to stay away from certain foods, but I think it is helpfull for a spiritual movement.

Jah Blessings and Strength

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/29/2003 9:34:38 AM

truth

Messenger: Brother Jahphet I Sent: 12/29/2003 11:23:56 AM

Greetings I

My Bible also says a Nazarite shall not drink beer.
And another version that I know says, that a Nazarite shall not drink any alcohol.
But do you think a Nazarite should be vegetarian?

Bro Jahphet I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/29/2003 11:32:44 AM

Greetings,

The Nazarite vow in the King James bible says to stay away from wine and any other strong drink (alcoholic drink). I don't drink any kind of alcohol, whether beer, wine or other alcoholic drink. And I don't eat any kind of flesh, whether from land, sea or air.

I feel that all alchohol dims us spiritually, but I feel that there is some property in grapes that is worse for I and I spiritual heights. That is why the scripture told I and I to stay away from all parts of the vine, not just the wine itself, but grapes, raisons and seeds as well.

Jah Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Brother Jahphet I Sent: 12/29/2003 4:34:37 PM

Greetings I

Yes I, good to see my Bredrenīs strong Ital livity!

Bro Jahphet I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/29/2003 4:56:13 PM

Greetings,

For I, it was a very natural movement. I didn't have to force Iself to stop those things.

I was allergic to meat and eggs when I was a baby. I mother told I that when she fed I, any part of I skin that was touched by the meat or eggs broke out in a rash. I eventually got used to it, but I never liked flesh growing up as a child. I would alway pick at it, and the only way I could eat it is if it was very well done, so that the flesh was dry.

My friends in high school always thought that I was crazy when I ate chicken wings. I would use the hottest sauce, and I would only eat the sauce and the skin, but I would leave all the rest of the flesh on the bone. They told I that I was wasting the best part, but to I it was the worst part.

I stopped drinking alcohol in High School, before I was legal to drink. I was influenced by RasTafarI at the time, but it wasn't really the reason I stopped drinking. After I started using Herb, Alcohol didn't appeal to I anymore. The benefit I received from it wasn't good enough to outweigh the bad parts, so I stopped. Afterward, people kept on pressuring I to take a drink and try it again. I finally decided to try it one more time. But I said to Iself that when I close my eyes, if I don't feel heights like I do with Ganja, that I would never drink again. I closed my eyes, and their was nothingness. So I never drank again.

I was dealing with RasTafarI ways in High School. But it wasn't until I went to University that I started growing my locks, and I stopped eating flesh. And when I stopped eating flesh, I never once had even a slight craving for it. Instead, I nose became more sensitive to the smell, and I couldn't even stand the smell of flesh anymore. Even today, I hold I breath anytime I walk by a hot dog stand or other places where the smell of flesh is in the air.

Jah Blessings and Guidance,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 70

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I