Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1126&start_row=1

wrong teachment

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/13/2005 12:22:28 PM

the comercilzing of this black movement has mislead many whites an others to a fictional represintation of this black trod. It have created a falseness to what this trad really is. could regae be at fault? I rasta think it has been a big part. It have whites believeing everything iree and jamaica no problem and that it take nothing to hail black selassie. come to binghie first.

selassie i

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/13/2005 1:18:36 PM

I feel the same way, I know people who think when I go to Jamaica that everything is real nice and clean. I tell them the true land is Ethiopia and they never even have heard of it being conneted to RastafarI. Many dont even know Ras TafarI was a real man, them think are teachings are fake and made up. I point them to Revelations 21 & 22. The truth lies right under them nose. O and its not just whites you have a fictional idea of RastafarI, I know blacks that are in the same situation.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/13/2005 1:43:12 PM

I think the main problem is the lack of distiction between reggae and dancehall. Or Roots and Dub. Carribean music tends to be lumped together as though Jr Gong and Elephant man make the same kind of music. Just the way that hip-hop and rap have been lumped together as though Mos Def and 50 cent make the same kind of music. It is not the resposibility of the artist to classify their music it is the job of the executives who rob the artist at every turn. Remeber the artist gets paid last the executives get paid at least twice.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/13/2005 3:10:08 PM

Very True! I tink people like Saun Paul influenced the youth that Rasta was all about ganja and wearing green gold red on your clothes. The problem is the music industry dont care about us Ites, they think its all abunch of jungle music, when its more gospel like for instance Luciano, very different artist and very great but is put side by side with people like Elephant man. I have also scene in music stores te Reggae section is mainly Reggaeton.... makes no sense to I but babylon dont care.

Much love!
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/13/2005 3:24:33 PM

Its been my Iperience that reggae itself has become a "lifestyle" and so these people consume themselves with reggae shows and dreadlocks and they smoke. But none of this is Rasta. Lots of people do these things without being Rasta. Yes Rasta do some of those things, but there are other requirments as well, and when those things like Ras Elijah said, Haile Selassie (the 1st requirment), the Bible, Ethiopia as heaven on earth, or as we alls been takin about, actually attending a nyahbinghi. But it seems that when it really comes down to it all that matters in the end for a good deal og these folks is ganja and reggae. They think that reggae is the Holy music, which it is not, is not is not. I love reggae, but its far from Hola. When you go to a reggae shwo there is always drugs and alcohol there,people men and women dressed unaccordingly, people who don't have nothing to do with InI movement. Now a Nyahbignhi on the other hand, is aq Hola Hola Iperience. People who dress suggestivly, doign drugs and alcohol and all this other folly not attending InI service. InI go to reggae to have a good time, but Iyahbinghi is for the heart the soul and giving praises to Our God for His Almighty redemption.

Blessed Love

Messenger: dreadlion40 Sent: 12/13/2005 5:03:17 PM

Greetings to the I's, Yes this type of thing agitates me. From the standpoint of reggae music, which is what initially started my trod years ago, people are mislead. You cannot even begin to compare a Big Youth to a Sean Paul or Elephant Man, very different.I blame the record companies a lot for this as its known they are some of the biggest pimps around. What they call "fashionable" is leading a person who wants to learn more about the movement the wrong way. Youth are being mislead and they think its cool to sport locks and smoke ganja. NO! there is much much more to Rastafari than that. Learn about Marcus Garvey, Mortimer Planno, Archibald Dunkley, The the Land and Freedom Army of course HIM and Ethiopian. As a musician I'm tolerant to the various forms or reggae but that doenst mean I agree with it. If you want to learn something I believe you must start with the roots first. I mon is coming from a musical aspect, as this is a vehicle for further education. It kills me when I see these come back to Jamaica commercials that portray everything as nice and cool, and this is to generate tourism, but how can you promote tourism when you have a country that has been called "the murder capital of the world" is the where the Rasta movement took form, starting from the hills with the farmers and planters which brought the message to Kingston. I mightve went off the subject a little but it makes me vex anytime I see a Rasta that is being aped by society.There was a time when they said that Rasta is dangerous and we walked around with bags of childrens body parts....Cho!!....Respect.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 12/13/2005 8:04:47 PM

Hail Selassie I

There r 2 "dread lion"s here now, please notice that before you respond to a post. Give Thanks.

ONE BLESSED LOVE IN THE NAME OF THE MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/13/2005 8:33:34 PM

TWO DREADLION? RASTAMEN ONE OF THE I NEED TO CHANGE THE I NAME. CALL YOURSELF ANYTHING ELSE. DREADFIRE, OR LIONFIRE, SO MANY NAME TO HAVE.

BLACK

Messenger: dreadlion40 Sent: 12/13/2005 10:56:13 PM

Greetings To the I, Yes I see there are two dreadlions. I have been using this name since I joined the site in 2004. I have no problem changing if this causes a conflict however, IanI still Rasta....Respect

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I