Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1052&start_row=1

?

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 10/13/2005 9:04:30 PM

Greetings Idren,
The question is alcohol. Specifically wine vs. beer. For the Ras's that have taken the Nazarite vow, does this include no drinking beer? I can't remember if the Ible says all fermented or just grapes. Are there any Ras's that drink any alcohol? For the 'textbook' Rasta, I believe it is no alcohol but there are many Ras's with different thoughts. Just wondering. Any comments? Peace and Blessings.
Ras Natty_Lion
JAH Ras Tafari, H.I.M.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/13/2005 10:40:55 PM

Num.6
[1] And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
[2] Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the LORD:
[3] He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.
[4] All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk.

Strong drink is any kind of alcoholic drink. And those that live the Nazarite livity don't drink alcohol. But some RasTafarI people do drink beer. I don't drink any kind of alcohol.

Jah sent I someone to show I the reason that the Nazarites are supposed to avoid everything from the grape vine. I reasoned about it in another post about the Nazarite Vow. Here it is below.

----------------------------
When I first started my trod with RasTafarI, I didn't know why the grape was singled out as something I and I should stay away from. Even though I didn't know, I accepted it anyway and abstained from anything from the grape vine, and stayed away from all alcohol and flesh.

After a couple of years, I started asking Jah to show I why I shouldn't eat grapes. He finally gave I the answer one summer.

A few years ago, I was visiting my parents in a small town where I used to live, in Canada. I went to a park there that I have been to often in the past, and sat down and had some Ganja.

As I was sitting an old Mexican man started walking in my direction. Birds followed him as he came towards I. The Mexican man looked like a homeless man, I never saw him before in my life and I never saw him again afterward. And it is strange for something like this to happen in that town, because their was only one lady that appears homeless in that city, and even she wasn't really a vagrant, because she owned property, but she was poor.

The man asked if he could sit down beside I, and I said "OK". He said to I, "The birds followed me here, I can talk to the birds, you know". He then started speaking in Spanish to the birds. I noticed one of the birds walking in a shy kind of manner and the man said to I, "that one is shy".

The town is off of the St.Lawrence River in Canada. He pointed across the river towards the U.S.A and said to I, "you want to fight them" and then he shook his head and said, "the fight is not there, it is here" while pointing to his head.

He then held up a paper bag that had a can of beer in it and said, "I sometimes drink beer, but I don't like to drink wine because it brings down my powers"

So this was the answer to I question. There must be some property in grape that hinders I and I spiritual powers. For a Nazarite, this is unacceptable, because I and I are to be separated unto Jah and be holy.

But the spirit is more powerful than any physical thing, so it is not necessary to stay away from certain foods, but I think it is helpfull for a spiritual movement.
----------------------------

This comes from the following Reasoning:

The Nazarite Vow

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 10/14/2005 2:25:25 AM

Holy Mosis I

Blessd ah dem who teach an' guide one itren an' sitren,
I an' mi bretren feel viry blessed fah di meditatian
by Ark I , tanks.

So we name liquor babilan watta fah dis tin' krucify I
holy powers... No babilan watta fah Ras B an' im bretren.

We ris' babilan haffi dead.

Selam

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 10/15/2005 1:14:47 PM

"Textbook" Rasta??

May Haile Sellassie I the First and Empress Menen Highest ROYALTY keep this movement sacred and forever Itect Their sons and dawtas from the perilous times at hand.
Rastafari is royalty. Anything less than royalty must be tossed in the fyah.

Perfect love

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 10/16/2005 12:39:55 PM

Blessed love rasta far i

Ras Ark I----ini give thanks and ises to the most high for this iditation. Blessed word formthe most high rasta far I... Sie idrens, Jah is Iverywhere, in that man that Ark I meet on the street, with a message.....RASTA FAR I Selassie I....

INI teachers are all ways everywhere....

I have oft considered this same question. About the grapes of the vine.... Ini free i from the intoxication of alcohol and the grape has been a real quest since being back from the caribbean.... these foods here have so much stuff, not necessary stuff...

it was when i was caring for my nieces and nephews that ini notice so much of this grape juice and filler in almost all thier juices and juice drinks and beverages... THen i site that my one nephew gets his fruit ONLY from fruit juices (manufactured). He has had eczema for three years now(he is 5) and takes Claritin for allegergies practically since 1 year old. He has not had clear sinus since i can remember. Ear infectons and just plain illness is not necessary. He also drinks a lot of cows milk and eats a lot of sweets.... SNACKS....He is adicted to this sweetness... i KNOW this is a precursor to alcohol preferences... see how the lifestyle of wine is accepted, and promoted inthe church with the communiion vibes to keep ones andones drunken on guilt of sin, but numbing them withthe COMMUNION of BREAD and WINE as the BLOOD and Body of Jesus (no such man-yah check?) This sickness is prevasively accepted in modern civiliztion....

I am still coming to overstand the whole thing of grapes anyhow. i myself made dandelion wine this spring as a outcry against the demonization (everyone pulling and poisoning this very benefical herb) of dandelion..(dandy-LION, LION's teeth as this beautiful strong plant is known).. I drank of it becuz with the power of the most high creator i made it naturally. Dandelion is a healing herb.....I have not concluded that this beverage served any purpose, but I am told it was powerful.......

So a thing is powerful.....KNOW HOW to utilize the power that is available to use it for POSITIVE thing.....no need to put a useless thing in the body to complete a desire... find the root and heal the weakness, don;t feed it.

This is abroad statement, ini know, however this is a spiritual "snack" to consider when ones LIVE CONSICOUSLY.....KNOW why the i is doing or not doing anything...it is god to choose a path and once on the path, it is ok to make behaviour changes to make the path secure....HOWEVER....make it ESSENTIAL to COME TO OVERSTAND AND KNOW INI purpose of such action or inaction..

Jah don't create any thing less than jah... so live up to INI full potential

Blessed love on this sunny day....

how are things in Toronto Ras Ark I?

Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 10/17/2005 3:14:50 PM

I'm sorry, when I say "textbook" Rasta, I mean what the public thinks we are; knotty dread, ganja smoking, never drink and don't shave.

Peace
JAH Ras Tafari H.I.M.

Messenger: Ras Levi Seraya Sent: 10/24/2005 1:48:32 PM

Did not Yeashua turn water into wine, i wonder what that was about if he was a Nazarite, something to think about to, and if you sincerly follow those laws stay away from grapes and raisins. when will I and I see that its not what you do its the spirit in wich you do things, last time i checked all that Jah created is good, (Book of Genesis) so as far as i am concern if one can handle these things responsibly than oh well thats them, and whats up with the vows, i vow to God, that i will follow Him, i need not vow to man that i am going to follow God, beware of ism's and schism in disguise, the laws are a representation of other things its not the actual grape or wine, it what it can be interpreted as,if you dont know the real meaning of the laws, your practice of them are vain, but what isn't think about it, if you've ever had a beer you know there is nothing wrong with it (if it isnt to much) but if you see a minister drinking a beer than thats taboo,

Ras LevI Seraya
Holy Emmaunuel I
Selassie I
Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/24/2005 10:53:49 PM

There is a reason for everything

Luke 5
[33] And they said unto him, Why do the disciples of John fast often, and make prayers, and likewise the disciples of the Pharisees; but thine eat and drink?
[34] And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them?
[35] But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

Mark.14

1. [25] Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 10/28/2005 2:02:28 AM

It's only Guiness for me. I'd prefer a strong drink over that watered down Yankee Ale any day. It sticks to your ribs and puts hair on your balls. I don't know about the daughters. 3 pints is my limit, I don't want to get too hammered and make an ass of myself. Never mind the next morning, I don't like to lose a day.

"It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink."
{Proverbs 31:4}

"Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts."
{Proverbs 31:6}

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 11/12/2005 2:11:06 PM

"Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for JAH hath recieved him." --Romans 14:3

Clearly it is the contents of the heart and mind by which InI shall be judged not the contents of the stomach.

Just be still and know that He is JAH.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I